“A rip-off hotel not worth of any stars and should not be allowed to operate”

Duta Vista Executive Suites
Ranked #305 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Avoid this place at all cost!! The pics provided on website misled visitors. The apartment was not maintained and in dire need of replacing (everything). Amneties are lacking all around. Even the staff would not recommend to stay.

• Stayed: March 2011
6  Thank rhairul

Reviewed 16 February 2011

*As its location is far from everywhere, they should provide a free couch from the hotel to the airport/city center.
*A chinese lady who owns travel agency next to the reception, somehow, she can be a 'black' taxi driver with very high rate compared with a metered taxi.
*We got 2 bedroom apartment whereas there is a leak in the bathroom. I believe this leak is already there for ages, so it's smelly such as a damp clothe that you keep in the wardrobe. How can they give it to guests?!
*Air con need to be repaired as it makes a lot of noise. Can't sleep!
*Being a RCI member, we are allowed to accommodate up to 6 pax. They tried to charge us for an extra bed. Helloooo...... we already pay expensive for time share!
*They remove stoves in the apartment.
* Housekeeping is awful. Bed sheet not clean, forget to put back new towels. We have to ask many times for missing things.
*Receptionist isn't friendly, especially a chinese guy with glasses (i believe the manager). How can he work in the hospitality industry!
*Hotel facilities isn't maintained well. Watch out don't use the squash! It's out of order!
*No wireless internet! Aie aie aie....!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank EdanFolle
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I have stayed at Duta Vista approximately three times during the year 2001 till 2005. all I could say is that this is the kind of hotel that will never ever please you even with all the feedbacks given by the guests. my first time stay was 2001 and it was good one. I don't know when this hotel established but it was still brand new, at least from my own perspective of the utilities and the rooms. check in was typical hotel, still had to wait but acceptable. booked ourselves two bedroom suite which was clean and [still] comfortable in '01 standard. being a member of RCI so we [my family] decided to stay 3 nights. since it was our first stop at KL, we hardly recognize the street and the city so we decided to hire a taxi everyday which was indeed not a good way to get around town. services were pretty okay. housekeeping was quick and no complain.

in mid 2003 I stayed for another two nights due to the fact I had another event to attend in KL. opted for DV again because it was so last minute decision and did not have any other choice besides that. since I was out of the hotel for most of my days so I did not have any complain. however, services began to decrease from this moment. especially the housekeeping department. they cleaned my suite but it was done practically in the evening after 6pm when I just came back and need a good shower and rest. they did apologize but that's all. reception was also lame. few times I tried calling them regarding my early flight back home but they put me on hold so many times. and most of the staff even missing during several hours [I was bored inside my room and decided to take a walk around hotel and nobody was even there in the reception!]

third one was 2005 which was the peak of my disappointment. stayed for 4 nights with my family and brought my aunt and uncle. my RCI membership ended in '06 so we decided to use it one last time at DV. I still thought that DV is a nice big hotel that suits our condition due to fact we have 5 people including me. booked again two bedroom suite as usual and guess what, they never even listen to my feedbacks and complains two years ago! service was beyond horrible especially at check in, we had to wait for at least 15 mins cause they said their data system was error. there were only us 5 ppl so it was a bit of shame really. elevator problem came second. due to the out dated things they have there, it was slow and always stop at each level without us even touching the button. problem number three was again the housekeeping. cleaned out our room in the evening and I was already mad by then. used the swimming pool [previously used it and no problem] which turned out a bad experience as the water was not a clean bright but green and a bit dirty. penguins were still there but only one or two and they were like poorly maintained. offered by the guy who's the instructor of the gym for an evening session but I rejected it. I did not like their gym and as far as I concerned, most of the equipment did not properly work. problem again inside the room where the bathroom was leaky at most part and there were molds everywhere. yuck. kitchen was also out dated, dirty utensils and most of all, horrible TV! every hotel seems had changed their TV to at least flat screen but it was a 14 inch or 20 inch something TV from the old days with limited channels and most of them were in Malay language. I speak Malay but it was like a slap in the face knowing that such hotel did not have international channels like BBC or CNN. ended up not having good sleep for the rest of our nights, especially the fact that not all linens for our pillows are clean, in fact they already stained for at least a decade.on our departure date back home, we explained everything to the reception and they did apologize however I don't think it was sincere enough. shame that they had [previously] won gold award or hospitality something from RCI but could not maintain it well. and it was obvious from the reviews given here at TA. 2005 was indeed my last stay at DV. location was a big no/no from city center. it was far and need taxi. be thankful if you got it fast, our last stay was horrible as we had to wait 15-20 mins for one. enough is enough. even two or three star hotels are much better.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank travelingmadam
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I should have gone with my instincts when I received a call at 3pm from the hotel asking if I would be checking in today. I made a one night, credit card guaranteed reservation. Being a hotelier myself, this translated to the booking being held regardless of your check in time.
My mom, sisters and I eventually checked in at 6.30pm, I personally have stayed here many times before with no major issues, but this time was an exception.
At 6.30pm, there were still no towels in the room, the electric water kettle and TV remote control were also no where in sight. Naturally i called the housekeeping department, it rang for a good 5 mins with no reply. Finally called the reception, who informed me that the towels will be sent floor by floor. At 6.30pm I still had to wait!? We had clearly made a reservation for 4 paxs. Finally they sent 2 towels and we decided to go for dinner after freshening up.
We requested for a taxi to KLCC, but was informed that due to peak hour (7pm) no taxis would be available due to heavy traffic. But they would try again in 1/2 hr. I should have known better. The gentlemen at the reception changed shifts and we waited till 8pm with no taxis in sight. There was a chinese lady who kept reassuring us that they would be trying to get a taxi. Finally i approached the night shift gentleman at the reception counter who was no aware that we were waiting for a taxi. Turns out, the Chinese lady, runs the limousine counter there. No suprise! She offered to send us to our destination for RM 50.00 whereas it was stated on her price list that it would cost RM 30.00. Such cheats!
Anyways, we finally decided to take a walk down and caught a taxi by the main road within 5 mins who agreed to use the meter, we ended up paying RM 25.00 only!
At 10.30pm, when we got back, Guess what? there were still no towels in our rooms, and the electric kettle and TV remote that we had requested for (which should already naturally be in the room) was still not sent. I called the reception counter and finally received my 2 towels and kettle at 11.30pm. STILL NO TV REMOTE!?
We got ready for bed and was in for another suprise, the sheets were all BLOOD stained! it was really disgusting. We were so tired and decided so just crash anyways.
In the morning, i called the reception and wanted to speak to the Duty Manager. He was RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL. After i explained what we had been through, he told me that for the price we paid RM 268nett, there is not much we should expect. Mind you, this was the internet rate not some discounted rate. He also said that kettles are upon availability. I proceeded to ask him if clean sheets and towels were also upon availability?? He was no apologetic/remorse, just plain rude. He said he would send the Housekeeper to the Room.
Within 10 mins, Ms Wati, whom i assume to be the Housekeeper arrived. She looked around the room, and extended her apologies and said there was nothing much they could do as this is all they had.

I strongly suggest to the Management of this hotel not to mislead the public as they have advertised that the rooms are newly refurbished. This is an absolute lie. I also strongly suggest they do something about their staff attitudes and professionalism as well the general upkeep of the hotel. Basic hygiene and cleanliness is the fundamentals of running a hotel and the basic requirements of the guests, even if they are paying RM 268nett!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank sonia_j3
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Do not be fooled by the pictures on the hotel's website-the hotel was NOTHING like the pictures. The rooms were old, unclean and I felt really uncomfortable. The "fold out sofa bed" was broken, and the mattress was OLD, stained and just really filthy. We had to request for towels (booked the room for 4 people, didn't receive any towels), after requesting we were given only 2 towels-1 of which had holes in it and was ripped badly (basically like a rag). Location was terrible-not close to anything and dificult to catch taxis. Even the taxi driver didnt know where the hotel was. The restaurant on site was poor-very dirty (not 1 clean table), no staff, poor food. Overall it was a very disappointing experience-my partner actually got mad at me for booking such a terrible hotel and we chevcked out the very next morning. Also-despite claims on the hotel's website-there are NO penguins! Only monkeys!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple