4,455 results
All reviews tonka bean pedestrian bridge pillow menu twin towers infinity pool bukit bintang covered walkway club room convention center welcome drink excellent location walking distance pavilion mall strategic location star hotel breakfast buffet grand hyatt
Reviewed 17 March 2016

Our stay was already in 2013: The hotel does offer different types of rooms. The service level depends on your booking decision. We stayed in the hotel with some friends, cause we attended a weeding in KL. We booked different roomtypes.
But even the friends who stayed in the Superior rooms enjoyed their stay.
I loved the pooldeck and the Pedestrian Walkway to Bukit Bintang.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 19Globetrotter76
impianahotel_trip, Carol Chin at Impiana KLCC Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us thoroughly and may I say that my team and I are very grateful to hear of your good experience in our hotel.

We hope that you will find time to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

Stayed here for 4 nights on business in a club floor room. I usually stay at the Traders but decided to have a break, wrong decision.

First thing that hits you when you walk into reception is the cigarette smoke as there is a smoking bar next to reception!

My room air con struggled while I was there, others said the same, not good.

I stayed in a club floor room, ate breakfast in the club lounge once only, it was chaotic and service was terrible. Went to the main restaurant after that.

The club lounge was a disappointment:
1. You served yourself to drinks but the selection was poor and no gin
2. Food was ok but nothing special, very small eats only

The mini bar in my room was never re-supplied once.

Laundry service was very good.

The main plus point, the price was good but then again you get what you pay for.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
impianahotel_trip, the management at Impiana KLCC Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

We sincerely apologise for the less than perfect experience with the air-conditioning in your room and club lounge service.

It is unacceptable that we did not replenish the minibar in your room.

We have taken note of your comments about the proximity of the Bohemia cigar room to the Reception.

This does not reflect our usual standards at all and please be assured we are constantly taking measures to ensure improvements with regards to maintenance and the quality of our service.

We always look forward to our guests feedback on a daily basis, both positive and otherwise.

Thank you for commending our Laundry service.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

The Impiana KLCC hotel in KL is in a fabulous location and most of the staff were good. I will talk about these things later. Firstly I want to address the negative aspects of the hotel that I find to be very concerning.

• On arrival check in was smooth and efficient and we were provided with a wet towel to cool down. We proceeded to our room on the 14th floor and were immediately struck by the overwhelming smell of what appeared to be cigarette smoke. We went back to reception and requested a new room. The lady was understanding of this but she said that the room was a non-smoking room. Nevertheless she allocated us a new room on the 7th floor. We went for a walk while she arranged our new room and on return to the hotel the male at reception said that the housekeeping staff had checked the new room and it was all in order with no smoke smells. How wrong were they. It was as bad, if not worse.

On reflection I should have continued to complain however we were that tired from long flights and I hoped that the smell would dissipate once the air conditioner was turned on. Sadly the smell was present for the 3 nights and most of the time, particularly on our last day I found it to be extremely uncomfortable. I should say that the lobby also smelt extremely strongly so I think that this could be an issue throughout the entire complex.

• The bedding in the hotel was of huge concern to me. On retiring on the first night I noted the bed to feel hard and uncomfortable. I checked and noted that the sheet was placed directly on the mattress. There was no mattress protector or mattress topper. What hotel would not want to protect their investment (their mattresses) and their guests health by not having mattress protectors. This is a very unhygienic practise. I have stayed at hotels in many different countries and have never seen this before. At least mattress protectors can be removed and laundered between guests (hopefully) thus protecting them from what previous guests may have left behind. There was also black hair on my sheet. I went to reception and very politely enquired as to why a mattress protector was not on the beds. After some miscommunication, due to language barriers, the woman rang housekeeping and they advised that they would rectify this when they cleaned the room. THEY DID NOT. For the 3 days we were there the beds remained without protectors.

• Just before check out I decided to check the condition of the pillows that I had been sleeping on. I got another nasty surprise!! Both pillows were heavily stained with no pillow protectors. See attached photos.

• The room was shabby and in need of refurbishment. The bathroom door was so hard to open and close it took both hands and strength to do so. The floors and furniture were dusty.

• Housekeeping did not replenish the toilet paper and we ran out on our last night.

On a positive note: The 90% of the staff were friendly and helpful. The other 10% could learn customer service. The gentleman on the concierge desk and sometimes at the door to the walkway was always very efficient polite and extremely courteous. This compliment should be passed to him thankyou.

The breakfast was reasonably good with Asian and Western options.

The pool was nice and appeared clean although the concrete around the edge was in a bad state of repair.

The Wifi was reliable.

The location was brilliant with direct access to covered and underground walkways that lead to The Pavilion shopping Centre and the Suria shopping complex and Petronis Towers.

Due to the hygiene issues, the strong smell of smoke and general shabbiness of the hotel I would not stay there again and would not recommend it. My stay was so uncomfortable I would like remuneration please!! I intend to contact the management directly to discuss. They claim this is a 4 star hotel offering 5 star service. This is a misrepresentation.

The Grand Hyatt is directly across the road and next time I will look at staying there

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Clare P

Thank you for your review.

We apologise for the less-than-perfect experience you had with us on the smell of smoke, the missing mattress protector for our bed and also the condition of our room.

Nonetheless, we are grateful and for your kind words about our staff and took notice our best feature which is our location in the city centre which linked to the sky bridge.

We always look forward to our guest’s feedback on a daily basis, positive and otherwise.
Rest assured, we are constantly taking measures to ensure improvements with regards to maintenance and the quality of our service.

Your concerns raised have been discussed with the relevant department heads and steps for improvement in the areas mentioned by you are in place and have been implemented.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we would certainly like to welcome you back one day for chance to make amends.

Please let us know if we can assist you.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

The hotel is centrally located in the city centre of Kuala Lumpur and handy to walk to KLCC and Pavillion with the connected walking bridge. The staff do their job but aren't particularly friendly. The rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable and the showers are good.

Room tip: The new wings have got better rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
impianahotel_trip, the management at Impiana KLCC Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2016

Thank you for your kind words and vote of confidence in our service.

Glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are constantly improving our services, all honest feedback are taken seriously.

We do hope that you will find time to visit Kuala Lumpur again and perhaps stay with us so that we can serve you again.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

Will definitely stay here again, great rooms, clean, very good location with access to KL Convention Centre. Reasonably priced and with a good breakfast selection. Fast check in process, with very little hassle.

Date of stay: November 2015
impianahotel_trip, the management at Impiana KLCC Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2016

Thank you for your positive feedback and for making us your preferred hotel in Kuala Lumpur during your stay.