Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Ascott Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
10,337 results
All reviewssky bartwin towersbuggy servicegobo chit chatgobo upstairsclub roomklcc parktower view roompark viewtop floorconvention centerour honeymooncocktail hourswimming poolfantastic hotelfree shuttlebusiness hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The least you expect from any hotel -- let alone a 5-star one -- is that the phone in the room will be working. So a quick overnight visit to KL from Sydney (in at 19:30, out at 9:00) for a short business meeting on Easter night was wrecked when my colleague could not call me and I could not call him. (I waited for his call, not realizing the phone was dead.) He tried leaving a message but the hotel's phone system can only retrieve messages from the room phone, and mine was dead. They did not offer to make any calls for me -- I had to ask for it awhile after they said they would send a tech, who did not come. A complaint to the Duty Manager raised a tech who replaced a faulty wire -- the little clip was broken and jambing the wire into the phone did not get it working -- I tried -- something that Housekeeping could have checked but apparently this is not part of their repertoire. The Duty Manager offered to make calls for me and my compensation for a wasted trip to KL on Easter: a free drink at the hotel bar.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Roamingx
RugbyRob, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

We are familiar with this issue and our Executive Assistant Manager is communicating directly with the guest. Our Duty Manager handled the rare and most unusual situation quickly and efficiently.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed at Traders for one night at the end of our Malaysia holiday. The hotel is a nice enough hotel in a great location, however the hotel service let it down and if it wasn't for the view I doubt this hotel would feature in the top 3 hotels in KL.

Arriving at the hotel at the ground floor there was no greeting from any staff (for a hotel marketing it self at this level you would expected a concierage available to take your bags) and we had to work out for ourselves that the reception was located on the 5th floor. Then on arrival at reception we were told they had no double rooms available only a twin room where we could push our beds together (no offer to assist) It took a good 10mins to sort this out when surprise surprise they were able to find a double room.

The pool is based in the sky bar at the top of the hotel. Quite a strange set up as it is v strange having a swim in the middle of a bar with people having early evening drinks! Although have to stay the view from the bar of the petronas made it a wonderful place for drinks. We later had a drink in the sky bar and it can be quite difficult to get a seat with lots of seats reserved for the best views but if you ask the staff they will sit you in these seats so whether they are genuine reserved it wasn't clear.

Overall an Ok hotel with a good view but not really 5 star material. Having been lucky enough to have stayed at the Mandarin Oriental a few days the week before I would definitely stay there as opposed to Traders and just visit Traders for a drink and the view.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joanne055

We would certainly welcome the opportunity to learn more about this guests stay at our hotel and encourage the writer to contact us directly.

The unavailability of a king bed configuration at registration could be one of a couple of reasons. The booking was made through an online channel which does not differentiate bedding configurations or registration was early and there simply were no kind beds available at the time.

Our colleagues are coached to have our guests settled just as quickly as we can hence the option of a twin bedded room ‘right now’ with the alternative being a short wait for a king room to become available. Given the ‘surprise surprise’ comment I would suggest that rooms were in the process of being cleared by housekeeping and our guests were settled soon after.

Hand on heart we should have been on deck with a warmer welcome on arrival and I apologise that we missed this opportunity. We are better than this.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stayed at the Traders Hotel for three nights. My room was gorgeous, clean, and had a view of the Petronas Towers to die for! The staff were very welcoming, friendly, and professional. Food and drinks were pricey compared to others in KL, but that is to be expected. I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Request a tower view room! I could sit in those windows all night!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Real 5 star experience. Great location, great hotel and great service. Get towers view room and you won't regret it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2012

You need to know that on the top floor of this hotel there is a loud bar. The bass thumps through the hotel until 1am on weekdays and 3am on weekends. Not a problem if you're a patron of the bar, big problem if you're trying to sleep.

The hotel is well aware of the problem and staff admit they get plenty of complaints. Going by the General Manager's responses to this problem on TripAdvisor the situation isn't going to change any time soon.

I'm a fan of this hotel in every other way (staff, room, breakfast, location, gym - all great) but I need to sleep so I won't stay here again :(

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper choose a room on a low floor. The club rooms are directly below the noisy bar so should be avoided.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RTWTripping
RugbyRob, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Thank you to the author for the reference to our people and the efforts they make.

Very occasionally we receive comments about the base music filtering to the guestroom floors below SkyBar. Given the SkyBar is an open air rooftop venue the music can be picked up by the prevailing breeze which is an uncontrollable variable. The DJ’s operate within a comfortable decibel range and as soon as we receive comment we investigate and correct the issue immediately if necessary.

We are currently refurbishing levels 30 and 31 with the Traders Club Lounge located on level 32 and rarely are comments received below these floors. The writer has my absolute commitment to investigate further. We are also very curious.