We stayed here for 3 nights in 2 x 2 bedroom suite with us being 6 adults and 2 children
1. Good price and privacy.
3. Reasonable facilities - restaurant onsite, ice machines, coin operated launderette, equipped safe boxes in rooms, swimming pool, convenience store, easy taxi availability, shuttle available although not 24 hours nor over the weekend
4. Rooms are spacious with good cooking facilites and working fridge and freezer
5. kitchen has washing up liquid and plates and cups
6, daily newspaper
7. some rooms have view of twintowers (just!)
8. Comfortable bed and good toileteries
9. Sofa bed was also available (though not the best of all condition)
10. It is in city centre
11. There is a convenient supermarket next door and further down a basic 7-11
12. McDonalds gets delivered here!
13. 10 mins walk to Ampang Park shopping mall
The down side
1. Extremely slow and bad check-in. Our rooms were not ready till 5 pm. We did arrive early and fortunately about 10 am managed to be given a smoking suite for all of us to rest (we all ended falling asleep at the lobby being told off) whilst waiting for our room to be ready. We did pay for half day for that room.
2. The pool is not suitable for younger children - no shallow bits for them to play. Constant adults supervision
3. It is in the city centre but not accessible by walking with children. There is a need to take taxi everywhere but taxi is very cheap. We paid for our group RM15 on average which about €4.50 to KLCC single. To KL sentral with all our luggage cost us RM50.
4. There are not many restaurants around the are within walking distances. There is the super posh Victoria Station restaurant and an Arabic restaurant but that's about it. For breakfast, I ended up having to walk down near the pedestrian walkway bridge to find a lady selling nasi lemak in the morning. Alternatively behind Shell station you can find Indonesians selling kuih in the morning.
5. Hotel breakfast - hmm.. no enough seats, food finishes fast and not enough top ups. Ok but I had better
Overall it is what we expected. Everything works, We got what we wanted in view of accomodation. I think for a family this is a good place. Just don't expect too much
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the prestigious vicinity of a row of embassies, Ambassador Row Hotel Suites by Lanson Place , Kuala Lumpur offers both stylish comfort of a home and top class services and facilities of a hotel. With options from 01-Bedroom to 03-Bedrooms, with separate living and dining areas, bedroom with attached bathroom and full cooking facilities, Ambassador Row Hotel Suites by Lanson Place will cater even to the most discerning travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Fastbooking and Ctrip TA so you can book your Ambassador Row Hotel Suites by Lanson Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanson Place Ambassador Row Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Lanson Place Kuala Lumpur
- Lanson Place Hotel Kuala Lumpur