“A true disappointment”

and up
Kuala Lumpur City Tour
Ranked #31 of 131 Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Billed as a complex with a range of crafts people where you can interact as well as high quality craft shop this was a real waste of time for us. Only two Batik workshops open. Gallery closed as were all other workshops. Poor looking cafe.
Nothing on web site to warn that might be issues as clearly had been major exhibition that finished a week before and still being cleared. Essentially a retail outlet and though we did indulge better quality wares seen elsewhere.
A real need to get accessible info up to date and accurate. The hop on hop off buses were still giving spiel the next day and I would have been very unhappy to get off on that basis and find nothing but an upmarket shop.
Think this may be first one star I have given anywhere in Asia and if no stars possible our trip here would have merited this.

Date of experience: April 2018
"drawing"
"kl"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The KL Craft Complex hosts a number of stores which sell Malaysian handicrafts. They don’t sell the cheap souvenir things you find at street stalls but higher end hand made items.

Here you can find beautiful clothing, jewelry, wood carving, silver work etc.

If you are looking to take a piece of Malaysia home with you this would be a good place to stop.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank ditchthislife
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Great experience, hidden gem. We enjoyed doing batik with 3 children for very low cost. The staff we very friendly and packaged up our paintings beautifully. We also found a great food court. You can get wooden personalised carvings and pewter items or just watch the artists at work. Would highly recommend a visit if you have kids.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Joyti Z
Reviewed 2 January 2018

In all of my research for my trip to KL, I did not find this place until I arrived in KL when someone told me to stop by here. I am glad that I did! If you have the time, this place is worth a visit to complete your own batik painting. Batik is the Malaysian design that is printed various materials, mostly silk. Here you can learn how it is created, paint it yourself, and have a souvenir to take home.

If you do not have the time to learn about batik and paint, I do not think this place is worth a visit on a short trip in KL.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank Lubabah H
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Very disappointed with this place, as one of the tourist spot, the management didn’t look after this place properly. How to attract tourist and show them our heritage if the place like that! Dirty and a mess! As a Malaysian living abroad and taking my foreign husband visiting this place it’s so embarrassing with the look of this place. Wake up people this is our heritage and our culture please show some decency and respect to our own heritage. I bet if they maintain this place with love and respect, more tourist will come here and appreciate our culture. If we as Malaysian don’t care our own heritage, who else will look after it and keep our culture and heritage alive in the eyes of others

Date of experience: December 2017