“Spacious and clean.”

Cempaka Apartment Hotel
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Very reasonable price with very spacious and clean room. Actually I am also very worried before make the booking as from the previous comments said that the room was smelly and etc but it is not truth. Most likely the management have done some refurbishment. It is worth to stay and will come back again. Front office staff also is friendly, call housekeeping for extra pillow and the service is extremely fast. Less than 5 mins, my pillow arrive.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Cempaka Apartment Hotel

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

We were part of a group attending a function on 13/5/2017. Travelling by train from Penang, we arrived at the hotel around 8pm on 12/5/2017. Since our organiser has checked in on our behalf, we collected our key cards​ and proceeded to our room on the 15th floor. The first thing I noticed was the main door could not be locked properly. The latch only slid in about 2mm instead of the whole 1 inch. So I called operator. Front desk picked up and said they will send housekeeping. About half an hour later maintenance showed up. After inspecting the problem, he asked to used the phone to talk with his boss. I'm assuming his boss wasn't picking up his phone but he managed to arrange with FO to change our room. After much complaining from my group, and me going down to exchange room keys, we walked into a similar room on the same floor only to be disappointed again. This room was worse than the one before. The front door latch wouldn't even slide​ in 2mm. Instead, it bounced back to it's unlocked position as soon as I let go. In addition, the master room had no lights on. So I called operator again and lo behold maintenance was sent up to replace the bulbs only to find out that there really was no electricity. Housekeeping supervisor also came up and another room change was suggested. It was by then past 9pm. I told​ the 2 staffs to ensure that the new room is in working order before I will go down again to exchange key cards. A few minutes later FO called and told me to change to a room on 17th floor. Again I insisted he go and check the room first before we move. Specifically, the front door can be locked and the master room has electricity. Approximately 15mins later, FO called and said new room on 13th floor assuring me that the room is in working order. This time all 4 of us went down to collect the key card seeing as we need it to access 13th floor. This experience alone has left me tired and utterly disappointed. In our group of 4, 2 are senior citizens 1 is 7 months pregnant. By the time we were settled in, it was past 10pm. This is possibly my worst hotel experience. The free WiFi in every room advertised in their webpage is also BS as I couldn't get any signal no matter which corner of the room I tried. Note the room change on pic attached.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2016

The room quite big facing kuala lumpur city centre but smelly and dusty room , the poorly maintained. Room fitting was tired and the room lighting was very poor so dim and not comfortable. Limited tv channels only 4 channels with bad reception signal. Poor wifi connection.
The only plus point for this hotel.....the staff is friendly and helpful

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Tajuddin H
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Used to be MH Hotel which I had made reviews before. However, now with the new management, I find the rooms much cleaner and nicer. They look more decent as well. However, I believe that there are still a number of things that they could upgrade such as their beds..

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank AChee74
Reviewed 26 November 2015

We stayed here for 8 days.
Location was good. Close to seven eleven, stadium and mall. Rooms were spacious, but that's about it. We ate out most days as the quality of the restaurant was poor.
Had to repeatedly ask for fresh towels to be delivered daily and room was never serviced. Pretty sad considering entire hotel was booked by internationals for a tournament. If we have to stay again, which i hope not. We will bring cleaning products, extra linen and food.

Room Tip: Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business