I stayed at the Berjaya Times Square with my 10 year old son on the recommendation of a fellow travel consultant. My first impression of the lobby area was excellent a view shared of the pool area and floors. Unfortunately we encountered a number of issues that would prevent me from recommending the Berjaya to my clients.
Firstly on check-in I was asked if I preferred one bed or separate beds. Considering my booking was for myself and my son as noted on my confirmation and again in a follow up email (where I also requested a non-smoking room) I found this a ridiculous question, it also seemed that a room hadn't been allocated as it took quite some time for them reception to work this out. When we did get to the room it was obviously a smoking room from the stench we encountered when I open the door, even though I had requested non-smoking. We were moved to another room 3 hours later (which was fine as we were given use of the other room until then). Here is where I have some major issues. My son was in the shower and screamed for me to coming in. When I did I was presented with a wad of black hair big enough to cover my palm that had been sitting where I would say the shower glass and tiles meet. This was so disgusting that I advised reception and took the offending hair with me. On closer inspection there were long black hairs also still stuck to the shower tiles and a fair amount of mould. To cut a long story short we were moved to another room the next day ( after getting a call at 10pm to ask if they could come and clean the shower) which was a godsend because as it was the room we had was 1 room away from the air-con condenser which clanked like an old steam train all night keeping us both awake.
I do not want to come across as a whining reviewer as this is probably the only negative review I have ever given to a hotel but cleanliness is something that any hotel regardless of star rating should get right (see photos). Yes they offered to clean it but the shower should not have got to the state it was in if housekeeping were doing their job. Fores and against.......
Staff - very friendly, access to Times Square - very easy from the lobby, security - very good, beds - so hard my hips hurt, studio room - quirky layout with the little kitchen area and huge bathroom with separate toilet and vanity area but leaving such little room where the bed is you need to swing your legs out of bed sideways. Definitely not 5 star compared to others I have stayed at in KL....maybe 3.5 - 4? A lot of mucking around that spoilt our 2 night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, a five-star hotel under the hospitality arm of the public listed Malaysian conglomerate Berjaya Corporation, is a prominent landmark strategically located in the heart of the city’s banking, commercial and vibrant shopping district. With a total of 650 rooms & suites complete with international-standard amenities, the hotel also houses an extensive selection of food and beverage outlets and recreational facilities built exclusively with a children’s playground, swimming pool, steam and sauna room, fitness centre and two squash courts. Offering a distinctive Meetings Excellence programme; boasts 13 meeting rooms and a grand ballroom, Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur is definitely an excellent setting where business complements leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Ctrip TA so you can book your Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Berjaya Times Square Kuala Lumpur