“Ensure of your location!”

PNB Perdana On The Park
Ranked #68 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Cairo
“Ensure of your location!”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I spent 8 nights at PNB Darby Park Hotel, the 39 storey building is located in a very stylish and central area near the famous twin towers, aquaria (a lovely place to see the sea world) shopping & restaurants areas, underground station (Ampang Park), public and tour bus stops.
The hotel apartments is quiet spacious, having a fully equipped kitchenette, nice living room and most of the facilities anybody may need.
Unfortunately, the internet is not free at guest apartments, but it is available and free in restaurants and the main lobby. However, it is also available 24/7 for free at McDonalds that is just 3 minutes walking distance from the hotel (adjacent to the underground station).
Hotel staffs are active, very polite and ready to help.
The most important point is that we did not fully understand some of reviewers' comments regarding the difference between "Deluxe floors" & "Executive floors" till we tried ourselves!! The Deluxe suites were having old furniture, bathroom, A/C and smelly carpet (we changed our suite twice for different problems), while Executive suites at higher floors (recently renovated) were far better, with contemporary furniture, efficient A/Cs, new room facilities and even a better view. So, if you are looking for a pleasant stay, you have to be quite sure that your location will be at the EXECUTIVE FLOORS even it will cost more.
Recommended places to see: Birds Park, Aquaria, Twin Tower, Batu Caves, and for shopping: Sogo, Pavillion & Suria KLCC Malls.

Room Tip: Choose your suite at the Executive Floors (View from main entrance elevation is more better)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Egyptian-Explorer
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This place was amazing. We had a good breakfast every morning we were there. The staff were somewhat friendly. The place was being renovated when I was visiting so it was a bit noisy, but during the noisy hours I was mostly out. The location is great its near a metro stop and very close to KLCC. For late night eating you can go to McDonalds just across the street. If you liked to stay inside and enjoy some tv, the channels were great choice for everyone in the family.

Room Tip: we stayed in the executive floor so I cant judge the other floors.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank youngSaudiTraveller
Hong Kong
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I booked this place as it was very close to a business function and was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms are quite spacious apartments with full facilities, good quality and very quiet. There is a lovely pool as well as a couple of tennis courts and the location is great, close to the twin towers in a green part of town. Many previous comments about the internet cost etc
were mitigated by the fact that there is free wifi in the lobby and by the pool - great excuse to use the pool and the wifi quality was very good.

Room Tip: Use the free wifi by the pool!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I've recently stayed for 4 nights to attend my company's course also in the hotel. I've been here before during my husband's 4 nights' stay sometime in October.

Hearing from my friend that the place was almost fully booked when he called, I tried my luck reserving my executive room online instead; for a total of rm1600 with breakfast.
Upon arrival, I was brought to 39th floor to check in. It was quick, staff was friendly n she upgraded me to executive club floor but without the privileges. Fine by me, I'll be out n about for the whole of 5 days anyway.

The studio apartment was cosy, kitchennette was clean. Not enough socket points though, most of them was already occupying the lights to the very very dim room. No worries, just unplug the fax machine (yes there is a fax machine) on the supposedly dressing table for my usage.

Bathroom was clean but average; shower head cannot hold the pressure and I got scalded once by just turning half a thread of the hot water tap. Bed was comfy though, n fairly big.

The 1 thing they have to improve greatly( n by reading the previous reviews, it's as though nothing has been done to improve over the years ) is the breakfast buffet. Very very limited selection of bread, n for mains there was only porridge n/or fried rice/noodles. Western breakfast was only limited to some hash brown n very very bad n watery baked beans. The baffling thing was the coffee and tea breaks refreshment during the course were much much better, different chef??

Hotel staff was gracious and polite, and responded fast to assist my friend when he had a flat tyre.

Overall I must say that is has been a pleasant experience staying at the Darby Park, but there is still a big room for improvement.

• Stayed December 2011
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I'm extremely disappointed in d service that rendered to me by the Sales Staffs particularly a female Sales Staff, Hija.
First & foremost,mon the 18th of October 2011,my first call to the Darby Park Executive Suites was a Sales representative name Sugeng,he told me that the 4 bedrooms Suites was available & sent me an email but 3 hours later he sent me another email saying that the 4 bedrooms Suites has been taken.Another colleague of mine call to ask for the same 4 bedrooms Suite on the 19th October 2011 and she was told by another Sales person,NurZarinah that the Suite was available but a few hours later she sent an email saying that the Suite was not available due to the Reservation did not amend the system..More unprofessional,inefficiency service were to come..Since the 4bedrooms suites was unavailable,I decided to book for a unit of 2 bedrooms Suite & a unit of 3 bedrooms Suite,requesting these two units to have the main entrance facing each other..Both Sugeng & Azura told me that these two units were available during my stay & that it will be blocked but could not confirm to me in black & white..I offered to pay in full amount so that I can have my request after all they said that on that particular dates that I'll be going the two units are available & are facing each other..Unfortunately,they said that it was not possible to do that..I told them that I would like to talk to their Superior,hoping that she/he would use her/his discretion to view my request..But was I wrong as she,Hija,was a rude,hot temper,tactless,unprofessional staff of Darby Park Executive Suites in KL..She was defending her two staffs without even checking or knowing that her two staffs gave me wrong informations..There were times when she don't give me a chance to talk..There were no apologies when she found out later what damage her staffs had done to me..While talking to me,she said exactly what her staffs said which was the two units were available facing each other but the actual fact was after she checked again,the two units facing each other were not available..I'm sure the owner of Darby Park Executive Suites would not want an arrogant,unreliable,inefficient,unprofessional & tactless staffs especially coming from the Sales department..Their jobs suppose to sell as many Suites as possible & not chasing away guests with their attitude..All I can say is that especially Hija is sabotaging her employer..Last but not least,I will definitely not want to associate myself with these team of Sales staffs from Darby Park Executive Suites anymore..It was really a NIGHTMARE before even staying there!!!! From,Mrs Eka R P Said.

• Stayed October 2011