“Not value for money” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #270 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Australia
“Not value for money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Good location but a run down hotel that need renovation. Loud music from nearby bars/pubs until very late night. Disgusting old and decolorised towels. I stayed in this hotel for 3 days (4-7 April) and moved to a nearby Swiss Garden Hotel for the next 3 days. It turned out my booking for Swiss Garden hotel cheaper that Radius Hotel with everything many time better !

Room Tip: If you want to have a good sleep, ask for a Higher floors and facing away from hotel front as music...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lausanne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed 1 night there in between flights and chose it for the swimming pool for our kids. Just for that it is worth it, as the pool is big, nice and clean and a real treat with the climate.
The rest? It is a big hotel (over 17 floors), has past its sell by date but it is clean and conveniently located. The price is correct for what you get. Don't expect too much... you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Honestly I am not a fussy customer when it comes to accommodation so please read and take into account this review. Having spent an 8 hour journey on a night train from Penang to KL we arrived at the radious early morning. We originally booked a delux room and understandably having arrived early our room was not ready so the only option apart from waiting until 2pm was to upgrade to a superior for 100rm. As this was the only day we had in KL we agreed and went ahead with superior. Our room was 2 twin beds pushed together (suppose to be a double), the basin flooded and leaked all over the floor, the towels are DIGUSTING! They are covered in cigerette burns and ripped. I requested new towels from reception which never turned up however another customers luggage came to our door!? Maybe they got our towels. The hotel im afraid to say is a disgrace it smells and the only good thing about it is that it gets you out the door so you can see more of KL. It is located down a main strip of bars. the best place to go for food is Jalan Alor which is just a 2 minute walk, you will find great food and an amazing atmosphere! Hope this helps. We were extremely gutted that we didn't book the Hilton which would have cost just £5 more after the upgrad. I dread to think what the deluxe room is like!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank ForzaJ

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Khao Lak, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel 25-27March & it was, without a doubt, the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in!
I had booked a Superior room and my friends had booked a Premier room. Upon check in I was wrongly allocated a twin-bedded room, which was quickly changed to a kingsize bed room that not only smelled horribly of bleach & cleaning chemicals but also had a cockroach infestation in the bathroom. The hotel staff dealt with cockroach by scooping it up into the only drinking glass in the room & told me that if I found any more they would try to change my room! The bathroom was unclean (soap wrappers & hair from previous guests lined the bathtub & soapdish) and the towels were greying, fraying & smelt stale.
The room itself & communal areas faired no better. All the paintwork was badly chipped & dirty, the carpet was filthy & ridden with cigarette burns, the few pieces of furniture which weren't broken had a number of deep cigarette burns, as did the bathtub.
Mini bar in room was empty. TV had just 6 channels, only one of which was in English.
I had a look at my friends' Premier room, which had cost twice the price of my Superior room, and it was exactly the same size etc. except that the furniture and carpet were less disgusting and the TV was flat screen.
Next morning, after a very unremarkable breakfast, we left the hotel, returning at lunchtime to find my room had not been made up & I had to chase housekeeping to arrange this.
The following morning I was woken by housekeeping knocking on my door in error, despite a Do Not Distub sign on my door. Awoken again at 11.00am in mild panic thanks to hotel fire drill! No warning had been given about this & when I contacted the Duty Manager to find out what exactly was going on, the phone was cut off 3 times, Finally, at 11.45 a letter was dropped into my room to advise me that the fire drill was taking place. (Having been involved in a real hotel fire &evacuation a number of years ago, I know first hand how scary & disorientating it is to be woken by a fire alarm!)
Upon checkout I asked to speak to the Duty Manager, Mr. Tony Jafar, and I listed all of the complaints above, and also pointed out that there had been a young prostitute and her pimp using the lift on the night we arrived, only for him to laugh in my face, literally laugh.
I am an experienced traveler, living in Thailand and I’m well aware of what to expect in a 3* hotel, sadly Radius Infestational does not even meet the standard of a 1* backpacker hostel. In summary, this hotel is absolutely disgusting. It is in a great location for bars & nightlife, but there are so many other hotels nearby that couldn't be any worse, in fact, even a night spent in a gutter would be preferable to staying here. Beware!

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel would be preferable!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Shake2Wake
Trivandrum, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed here just 2 days back as it is centrally placed. The rooms are spacious. But the drain of the washbasin was not working.

When we wanted to complain about it, the phone also was not working.

It is a old, ill-maintained hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business