“Do not stay here!”
Review of Hotel Soleil

Hotel Soleil
Ranked #297 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Honestly I am not a fussy customer when it comes to accommodation so please read and take into account this review. Having spent an 8 hour journey on a night train from Penang to KL we arrived at the radious early morning. We originally booked a delux room and understandably having arrived early our room was not ready so the only option apart from waiting until 2pm was to upgrade to a superior for 100rm. As this was the only day we had in KL we agreed and went ahead with superior. Our room was 2 twin beds pushed together (suppose to be a double), the basin flooded and leaked all over the floor, the towels are DIGUSTING! They are covered in cigerette burns and ripped. I requested new towels from reception which never turned up however another customers luggage came to our door!? Maybe they got our towels. The hotel im afraid to say is a disgrace it smells and the only good thing about it is that it gets you out the door so you can see more of KL. It is located down a main strip of bars. the best place to go for food is Jalan Alor which is just a 2 minute walk, you will find great food and an amazing atmosphere! Hope this helps. We were extremely gutted that we didn't book the Hilton which would have cost just £5 more after the upgrad. I dread to think what the deluxe room is like!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank ForzaJ

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel 25-27March & it was, without a doubt, the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in!
I had booked a Superior room and my friends had booked a Premier room. Upon check in I was wrongly allocated a twin-bedded room, which was quickly changed to a kingsize bed room that not only smelled horribly of bleach & cleaning chemicals but also had a cockroach infestation in the bathroom. The hotel staff dealt with cockroach by scooping it up into the only drinking glass in the room & told me that if I found any more they would try to change my room! The bathroom was unclean (soap wrappers & hair from previous guests lined the bathtub & soapdish) and the towels were greying, fraying & smelt stale.
The room itself & communal areas faired no better. All the paintwork was badly chipped & dirty, the carpet was filthy & ridden with cigarette burns, the few pieces of furniture which weren't broken had a number of deep cigarette burns, as did the bathtub.
Mini bar in room was empty. TV had just 6 channels, only one of which was in English.
I had a look at my friends' Premier room, which had cost twice the price of my Superior room, and it was exactly the same size etc. except that the furniture and carpet were less disgusting and the TV was flat screen.
Next morning, after a very unremarkable breakfast, we left the hotel, returning at lunchtime to find my room had not been made up & I had to chase housekeeping to arrange this.
The following morning I was woken by housekeeping knocking on my door in error, despite a Do Not Distub sign on my door. Awoken again at 11.00am in mild panic thanks to hotel fire drill! No warning had been given about this & when I contacted the Duty Manager to find out what exactly was going on, the phone was cut off 3 times, Finally, at 11.45 a letter was dropped into my room to advise me that the fire drill was taking place. (Having been involved in a real hotel fire &evacuation a number of years ago, I know first hand how scary & disorientating it is to be woken by a fire alarm!)
Upon checkout I asked to speak to the Duty Manager, Mr. Tony Jafar, and I listed all of the complaints above, and also pointed out that there had been a young prostitute and her pimp using the lift on the night we arrived, only for him to laugh in my face, literally laugh.
I am an experienced traveler, living in Thailand and I’m well aware of what to expect in a 3* hotel, sadly Radius Infestational does not even meet the standard of a 1* backpacker hostel. In summary, this hotel is absolutely disgusting. It is in a great location for bars & nightlife, but there are so many other hotels nearby that couldn't be any worse, in fact, even a night spent in a gutter would be preferable to staying here. Beware!

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel would be preferable!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Shake2Wake
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed here just 2 days back as it is centrally placed. The rooms are spacious. But the drain of the washbasin was not working.

When we wanted to complain about it, the phone also was not working.

It is a old, ill-maintained hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed here from the 25-27 March and will never return. My wife and I went for Premium Executive room, when I saw my first thoughts were for my friend staying in a simple Superior room!
-The pictures are deceiving as they look nothing like the room offered
-After checking in we shared the lift up with a prostitute and her female pimp (I'm not a prude and live in Thailand but this was meant to be a decent hotel)
-Ordered room service and to my amazement I had to pay when it was delivered, good job I had already got some money.
-Room service food of burger and chips was cold, hot chocolate was tasteless
-Morning buffet breakfast was not very appetising and not what I'd expected
-No mini-bar
-In-room safe not working, told to use safety deposit book in reception
-Room spec promised fresh fruit in the room but there was none
If you choose to stay here, I would suggest you take a superior room as it's half the price of the Premier and basically the same set up but saying that my friend who stayed in one of these had a cockroach for a pet that was taken out by staff in the glass provided for to drink from, cigarette burns in furniture and sheets, cleaners knocking on her door at 8am despite 'do not disturb' sign.
Just to add to all this on the morning of the 27th March they were apparently testing the fire alarm system which our friend heard on the 11th floor and woke her to a panic. When she phoned down they explained it was just a test and at 11:45 she had a letter delivered to her to say a fire alarm rest would begin at 11am. Now us on the 17th floor heard no test which is worrying!!!
Taxi service was great value and good quality for airport transport. Water pressure was great! Staff were generally helpful except for the duty manager who was laughing as the complaints were listed out to him.
Sot to sum up DO NOT STAY HERE unless your only other option is to sleep on street, but that being said the street is a viable option!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jamkat1
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We have had in the past stayed at Radius . 3 or 4 times for period of over a week each time but that was when the hotel was in much better condition ,
over the years it seriously deteriorated
and we finally decided to never go back after a serious bed bugs issue
that was a bit more then a year ago ...

we have tried since Pacific Regency which offers now apartments at a very decent rate through booking.com or Agoda

though now staying at Furama which fulfill ours needs ...
in term of quality, cleanness , price and services
such as breakfast , pool , gym and free cable internet

we decided to paid a visit today to Radius, checked if rooms had been renovated
visited couple of rooms at 17 floor;
Fact is : not much as been done to improve its standard the very same old smell, tired carpet, lousy wifi ... at slightly same rate than Regency or Furama ...

why bother ?