Sunway Putra Hotel
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$ 148
US$ 71
US$ 67
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$ 95
US$ 83
  • Restaurant
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$ 76
US$ 63
Furama Bukit Bintang(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$ 54
  • Pool
Citin Seacare Hotel Pudu Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$ 24
US$ 22
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
1,896 results
All reviewsshopping malllegend hotelpwtc stationcoffee housespacious roomfree upgradeclub suiteswimming poolexcellent stayenjoyed my stayhotel lobbyupon checkbuffet breakfastpleasant staybatu cavespublic transporttwin towers
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Overall stay is average. Staff is not so friendly as compare to others hotels in town. The lobby looks dark and not welcoming. Need more lights at the lobby. Rooms need refurbishment especially the bathroom. TV is the old fashion type and the remove control is not working. Checked in for 2 nights in March for business trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank LacLemanCH
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear LacLemanCH,

Thank you for your feedback. Rest assured we will work on improving our shortcomings and you will be pleased to know that we will be embarking on a refurbishment exercise early next year. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We have been to KL for many times and tried different categories of hotels. After trying Traders hotel and enjoyed their excellent services, we decided to try on other 5 stars hotels. This time while browsing through the hotel list in AGoda, we chose Sunway Putra Hotel which is classified as a 5 star hotel with a not so highly priced room rate. We booked a crest room as many reviews commented that crest room is more comfortable and satisfactory.

We were very happy with the smooth and fast check in at the exclusive lounge especially after long driving trip from Singapore to Cameron highlands(just for our high tea and steamboat lunch) and then to KL. The front office staffs were very friendly and always put on a smile. We were offered a free upgrade from Crest Room to Junior Suite. The room is big, with a living room, a bedroom, and a huge bathroom with a huge bathtub and separate cubicle for shower. It was very comfortable for the two nights stay there.

Breakfast was okay, we can have it either in the exclusive lounge or the cafe, we chose the cafe as there were more varieties of food. The first breakfast was okay. But the second day's breakfast was a nightmare. There were so many people, and all people were like rushing to the cafe at one time. Staffs at the entrance of the cafe was so busy, they just asked for room no. and did not lead us to a table, just let us go in by ourselves, no table was allocated to us and we had to find a table ourselves. I was so pissed off when one uncivilised guest just sit down on my seat without asking permission from my husband while I am away to get the food and without asking if the seat was occupied. His friends even wanted to occupy the only seat remain at this table, and get up only when my husband told him that this seat is for me! When i came back from the buffet counter and saw this, I quickly shifted my things to another table for two. And most irritating thing was, from beginning till the end, these people who did not asked permission to sit on my seat did not even bother to say "sorry" or express their apology for occupying other people's table. That was really uncivilised and rude and I think the hotel staffs were partly responsible for this kind of things happened as they should allocate tables to the guests, and not just letting the guests go into the cafe to find seats themselves without considering if there are sufficient seats for them or not. It was chaotic!!! I did not expect this kind of things to happen in a so-called 5 star hotel.

We were also entitled to free cocktails in the evening from 6pm to 8pm. Although dress code was mentioned, we did not see the guests following it. And we were very irritated by one guest who wore shorts and t shirt, smoking and talking loudly in the lounge as if the whole lounge was owned by him!!! The table we seated at was also making cracky noise because it is too old. Furnitures in it look quite old, snack varieties not so fantastic. No windows to look out to any scenery or views. The only thing I appreciate very much is the service and smiles provided by the staffs. I supposed the exclusive lounge should relocate to the place where the lobby lounge is located, as there was no nice view to look at from the exclusive lounge. The lobby lounge where everybody can go has better view and ambience compared to the exclusive lounge. And I think it should be the other way round!!! The lift is also very slow and we had to miss a few round to get into a lift as most of the time it is full.

I had ordered room service during my stay and it was fast and food is okay. But we had to pay cash instantly and cannot leave the bill to the room until check out. So if you want to have any room service, make sure you prepare enough cash at the time when the food comes.

Location wise, the hotel is well located. Next to the LRT station and it is very convenient to go anywhere by LRT and monorail. Next to it is a shopping mall with many shops and eating outlets and even massage centres. We had a good massage at Arokaya House Thai Massage there.

The second night we had our Japanese buffet at the hotel's Japanese restaurant. Hotel guests are entitled to 30% discount for the buffet. The food is not bad and the service is wonderful.

In conclusion, this hotel is okay but not to the standard of 5 star. It has a nice lobby area, the room I stayed also not bad compared to Traders hotel, nice and friendly staffs, but overall it still lack of what a 5 star hotel should have.

Room Tip: Ask for high room because you can get into the lift first if not as lower it goes, you have to wait for more rounds.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clanceroy
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Clarenceroy,

Thank you for your feedback on your with us. We would like to apologize for the unpleasant experience you had with us. Rest assured we shall definitely look into the information given and come up with solutions to ensure that we improve our standard of service.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

This hotel was okay, though the proximity to the trains mean that it is very noisy between 6am and 11pm. The room shakes and the noise woke me up, and I live near a busy road so I'm used to a certain amount of traffic noise.
The hotel was advertised as a five star, but it is definitely no more than a four star. I have stayed in numerous five star properties, and this has none of the features that you would expect.
The worst thing is that housekeeping staff stole a camera battery charger, and replaced it with a cheap connector lead so that I wouldn't notice. When I raised this with the hotel, they refused to do anything about it. The staff were generally rude and I would not return to this place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank GinTraveller

Dear GinTraveller,

Thank you for your feedback. Based on our records, your booking was made for a Superior Room but upon check-in you were upgraded to a Crest Room, which is 3 categories higher. These rooms come with doubled glazed balcony and this is the first time we have actually received a complaint of this nature. Nevertheless, we shall look into it. In regards to your charger, as per the investigation done by our Front Office Manager whom has also replied your email, there was no exchange done by our staff.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I don't know what it was exactly, the fact that the lobby and breakfast area have no windows, the room decoration which was outdated, the run-down bathroom or the smell of fastfood waste when you enter the building, but we found this hotel a bit depressing. We got upgraded upon check in, and the choice at breakfast was varied, so all in all it was a decent stay, but we promised ourselves we would never return.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear amsterdamtraveller35,

Thank you for your feedback. You will be pleased to know that there are windows located at the back of Coffee House. There is also a large glass dome offering natural sunlight at the centre of the atrium. As for the outdated decoration, we will be embarking in a refurbishment exercise early next year.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Gotten a free upgrade to deluxe room. But room was big and empty. Hotel staff unfriendly and didnt even offer help to carry the baggage. Pillow and bed sheets were yellowish with stains. Wifi were expensive rm$60 for 24 hours. Have to go down to the cashier and buy. Will not come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear nnsntasy,

Thank you for your feedback. Rest assured our pillow covers are changed each time a guest checks out. Complimentary Wi-Fi is offered for higher category rooms such as the Crest Room & suites. Nevertheless, we look forward to welcoming you again soon.