Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur
US$ 71
US$ 63
US$ 98
US$ 88
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$ 80
US$ 63
Furama Bukit Bintang(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$ 62
US$ 52
US$ 54
US$ 52
US$ 88
US$ 79
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$ 78
US$ 72
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$ 90
US$ 82
  • Restaurant
Sunway Putra Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$ 67
US$ 44
US$ 218
US$ 166
2,302 results
All reviewshard rock cafemelting potspices restaurantmonorail stationpremier roombukit nanaspetronas towerswalking distancejalan sultan ismailswimming poolbuffet breakfastbusiness tripbusiness hotelcomfortable stayhardrockgymshopping
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We arrived at this hotel which is situated on a busy road to find that 2 functions were going on, the noise was so loud I could not hear the receptionist, but do not be worried the sound proofing in the hotel is excellent. We were given rooms on the 11th floor adjoining with good views of the Petronas towers. The rooms were large, clean comfortable with TV, fridge, tea/coffee making, ironing board, dressing robe and safe. The bathroom was large with walkin shower, no bath.Breakfast in served on the groundfloor in the restaurant of the hotel, plenty to choose from, also egg bar with everything cooked fresh. It opens early so good for people with early flights back to U.K. We had dinner in the restaurant and the restaurant offers 20% of the meal if you are staying in the hotel. The buffet was good value with a huge choice of Malaysian food, lots of locals came to eat in the restaurant. It is about 10 minutes walk to Petronas towers but there are road works along the way, so be alert for traffic.Hotel has swimming pool, towels provided.It is a busy hotel and seems popular for functions, but the staff still have time for you. On morning a large table was put out in reception covered with sweets and treats for free.

Room Tip: Ask for view of Peteronas tower we had rooms 11116/7
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. We went on a family holiday and found this hotel ideal. Its a business hotel centrally located, with the monorail 2mins away so can easily access other places in KL. Its about 15min walk to the centre, and about 10min walk to tourist centre, There is plenty to see in KL including the petrona towers, central market, china town, bukit bintang, bird and butterfly parks, botanical gardens, islamic arts museum, national gallery, jamek mosque and the well known national mosque with beautiful architecture. The hotel amenities inc leisure suite, business centre, couple of restaurants and few shops. (Bare in mind its not ideal for someone looking for a beach resort, as this one isn't) but may suit the ones that want a hotel for some good breakfast and a comfortable stay. I'm a fussy eater and I found that at breakfast even I had plenty to eat. The rooms and shower are clean and are kept clean during the stay (not always the case in some places). They also provide complementary water bottles during your stay, which I thought was really nice as even the european hotels don't provide this. Overall excellent stay, Would recommend to others, and if i'm in KL again would defo go back. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: try and ask for a higher floor, so you don't hear the central traffic.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Yorkshire_Girl26
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I had stayed at this hotel for one night back in April 2008 for a business trip, & was not happy. After reading all the reviews here, I was not expecting much for this stay, which was organized by our business partners in KL.

I must say, I was impressed & very happy with my stay this time.

The room I stayed in was a standard double-bed room, on the 14th floor, facing the road. The view was not great, but I was happy with the room. As mentioned in other reviews here, the hotel had undergone renovations, & the room I was in was one of the renovated rooms, a far cry from what I stayed in back in 2008.
The bathroom was spacious, with a walk in shower with 2 shower heads, one fixed & one on a hose. This is a smart move for some travelers like me who don't care for a bath tub. Makes the bathroom more spacious & comfortable.
The towels were clean & new. The toiletries were good, I liked the soap which had very pleasant smell. The Shampoo & shower gel were ok, but the scent was not to my liking & I usually bring my own toiletries anyway. The bathroom utilized a sliding door, which is smart as it makes the bathroom more accessible & spacious.
The wardrobe has space for your suitcase, an iron & ironing board. Would have preferred a steam iron. Now, for a 4-star hotel, they still use the 'fixed' type of hangars, i guess this is to prevent theft of the hangars, but its really inconvenient.
An in room safe is available, which is always a plus for me.
See the attached pics I shot of the room.
Overall, I was impressed with the room.

Now, some of the things I wasn't too happy about:
There was no toothbrush/toothpaste & disposable shavers available. Apparently you had to call Housekeeping to get this.
This hotel still charges for internet access for Wifi, in the rooms & any area of the hotel. I did not use this since the charges I felt was unreasonable & my data roaming package was cheaper than this.
I thought there was no free bottled water in the room, in the refrigerator there were 2 small bottles of evian water, but these were not free. The next day I learned from my colleagues that the free bottled water was in the drawer next to the fridge above the mini bar. I almost used the evian water. Very smart of the hotel to do this for minibar sales.

I was impressed with the other facilities of the hotel; the cafe had "OK" breakfast & its served till 10:30am. The buffet Lunch is good. The bar in the lobby has a live band, but the drinks could be a bit better. The conference rooms were OK, you still had to pay for internet access even though you paid for a conference room.
What really impressed me was the gym & pool. The equipment in the gym was good & the gym staff were friendly. I had a couple of good work-outs there & it was never busy & the equipment & towels were clean.
Hard Rock Cafe is in the same hotel, had one meal there but this was not the highlight of the hotel.

On Check in & Check out, the staff were friendly & the process was fairly swift.
The location is good, its near to bars & short walk from KLCC, but there isn't any convenience stores nearby. There isn't a giftshop / convenience store in the hotel as well, so i walked to KLCC to buy cigarettes & toothpaste. I later learned you could buy cigarettes from the cafe in the lobby, & toothpaste was available from Housekeeping. Its a good idea to ask the Concierge for things & info, who I found to be helpful & sincere.

I would stay here again, I must say I was surprised & impressed after reading all the other negative reviews here.

Recommended.

Room Tip: No smoking room, I believe most of the renovated rooms are no smoking.
1  Thank wzahk
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed at the Concorde KL hotel for 3 nights during my recent business trip in the city. Located at the heart of KL, Concorde is located right next to the Bukit Nanas Monorail Station which was only 2 stops away from Bukit Bintang. The Twin Towers was about 20 mins walk away. Check in at the front office took quite a while at 9pm even though there was not much of a queue in front of us. We were greeted by a spacious lobby that sadly had only a couple of cushioned benches by the side. There were no sofas where we could take a rest while waiting for the check-in procedures to be completed.

I was given a deluxe room 624 located at the newly renovated tower wing which had a nice view of the swimming pool and the Twin Towers. I did not have a chance to use the pool facilities though. My room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Everything worked well including the satellite TV, safe and air-conditioning. There was no bath-tub in the toilet even though I was happy to find a rain-shower to make up for the disappointment. Since the toilet was handicapped friendly, water seeped out easily from the bath area to other parts of the bathroom. The complimentary internet connection worked well in the room.

Breakfast was an average affair for me. Even though the spread was good, I did not find the staffs to be very welcoming with the exception of the chef who helped me prepared the eggs. In fact, service was mediocre at best for a 4 star establishment from the front office staffs, the unsmiling bell boy and the service staffs at the restaurants. The staffs weren't rude either. It seemed that they were just going through their daily routines.

This was a shame given that the Concorde had been around for a long time and that the place was very well maintained and comfortable. I would still stay here again, given its good corporate rates and convenient location. It would be a perfect place to stay if not for the lack lustre service I received.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at Tower Wing
1  Thank minghui79
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Excellent location, great service, good breakfast restaurant but unless you book a deluxe room they will charge for internet. No free wifi even in lobby. Most online booking sites show this property with free wifi which is not correct. Would have given 5 rating if not for this main item missing!!

Room Tip: Get a deluxe room with breakfast or you will end up paying MYR40 additional a day for internet.
2  Thank PanditAnil