3,055 results
All reviews serena brasserie ambassador member petronas towers the club lounge jalan ampang subway station premier room room upgrade chinese restaurant free shuttle king bed business trip special thanks main restaurant breakfast buffet is five star hotel few minutes walk
Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

Intercontinental Hotel in Kuala Lumpur is alway a great place to stay. What makes a hotel is it staff and management. And they have a great staff, from the top down. Food good and getting better, they listen to their guest.
All hotel have there hick ups but they care there and correct them quickly. Recommend it any time you in KL.

Stayed: July 2015
1  Thank Merle H
IC_KualaLumpur, General Manager at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2015

Dear Merle H,

I am so pleased to read your review, which has motivated the whole team to continue being our best in service at all times. Thank you for sharing this amazing review on TripAdvisor and I sincerely thanks for your loyal support towards InterContinental Kuala Lumpur! Look forward to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

We spent 4 Nights in the Intercontinental KL and had a great time.
First we were surprised because we only booked the Hotel 2 days in advance and still for a reasonable price.

The check-in took way too long and was a bit complicated compared to other hotels in this price range.

A big plus for sure was the pool and the gym on the same floor. We used it every day and it's a well equipped one with showers, towels, free water bottles and fruit provided.

I don't remember the room number but it was a nice and very spacious room. The bed was amazingly comfortable and without any point of criticism.

The Bathroom unfortunately was not 100% clean. We found hair under the bathroom sink.
The staff was quite fast and friendly.
I guess this hotel would be fine for business stays- it's equipped with everything you might need.

Situated in the heart of KL all attractions and shopping malls and of course good restaurants are within short distance walks or a short cab ride.

I fully recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: view to the pool will be fine
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear philip S,

Thanks for the wonderful review shared on TripAdvisor. It is extremely satisfy to know that you find our hotel room, facilities and the location to be excellent and you even put us as recommended option for business travelers, thank you!

I truly appreciate your effort in bringing our attention on the check-in speed, rest assured I will highlight this to our team and look into ways to improve the service efficiency. Besides, your comment on bathroom cleanliness is also being taken note and I sincerely apologise for these lapse of services.

Should it be business or leisure, I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

Hotel nothing special as a oldkind of luxury from past years 90s style... impersonal
but the services and the staff are excellent and treat you as a king ,,,maybe because my friend has a golden membership card!

Room Tip: close to metro station if you pay luxury hotel but visit city by saving the environement mean
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris_Orleans,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Kuala Lumpur during your recent stay. I am happy to know that your enjoyed the stay and were well taken care by our dedicated team.

Once again, thanks for sharing this review on TripAdvisor and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to this beautiful Kuala Lumpur city in near future!

Reviewed 7 July 2015

Had a four night stopover on the way back to Sydney. Even before we had left Phuket the hotel contacted us and we were able to organise a car to pick us up and whisk us straight to the hotel.

All the staff here are helpful and courteous, endeavouring to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Free Bus shuttle service down to bin tang was a boon, although the location of the hotel across the road from Ampang park station makes the very cheap an easy to use transit a viable option.

Swimming pool was one of the cleanest I've ever swum in, and the weekend BBQ menu by the pool is a must if ur staying then. Great gym too with lots of training options.

Our room was impeccably serviced with an assortment of towel sculptures left every day. Very comfortable huge bed with great pillows

Eating options in the hotel are fantastic from pub style food through to a la carte dining.
The only downside were the pub's "international beers". My draught pints of Kilkenny and Heineken (I didn't dare to try the Guiness) were completely lacking their renowned quality, so stick with the local Tiger draft which was very good.

The brasserie smorgasbord lunch is the pick of the value meals so at jus 76MYR, a simply outstanding meal and Jason was a most obliging host who held the clearing of the buffet until after the 2.30pm finish. HOT TIP. Don't eat anything for breakfast (suggest lie in and languish by the pool or even a bit of exercise in the gym) and then hit the buffet when it opens at 12 pm and then yourself for a leisurely 2 hour gourmet extravaganza. )

We're planning to return here, this is a top class hotel and excellent value.

Room Tip: Our room on 20th floor was non smoking with great outlook
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear james a,

Thank you for posting this positive review on TripAdvisor and share with us about your 4-night
experience at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur. I am certain our colleagues – especially Jason would be thrilled to know that they have contributed to another amazing experience for a valued guest like you! It is extremely good news to know that you are planning for a return to our hotel and we are all looking forward to see you soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2015

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Great place to stay. My favorites is the food, especially during breakfast and dinner. They have variety of choices like Japanese food, English style, Indian food, Malay food. All the food prepared was fresh. If you are not staying, you can book for the lunch or dinner buffet. It is highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ranshi28,

I am thrilled to read that the warm hospitality delivered by our colleagues have made up your wonderful stay. I am certain our chefs will be proud to read your compliments on the food spread offered by our dining outlets. Do stay connected with us on website, Facebook and Instagram to check out our exciting food and beverage offers at all times!

Once again, thank you for posting this wonderful comment on TripAdvisor and hope to see you soon.