“Nothing to complain about”

InterContinental Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #9 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 2 July 2012

There really is nothing negative to say about this hotel, the foyer is breathtaking, the furniture and chandelier is just gorgeous. We had a club access executive suite with separate living area, bedroom, main bathroom and guest powder room. Bed was very comfortable, it was very clean, everything was spot on. Club facilities were great, the service very friendly, efficient and helpful. When as asked for something out of the ordinary it was always answered by "let me see what I can do rather" than a no, as it should be. Unfortunately my order for an iced coffee was lost in translation but that was my fault. Location is near KLCC, if you want to get to Berjaya Times Square or Sungei Wang for shopping it's only a short taxi ride away.

Room Tip: Club rooms are always a great option as it means you are able to have a peaceful experience and it i...
1  Thank ci1705

Dear ci1705,

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur.

We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel and your comments will be shared with the hotel team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Don't forget to check us out on Facebook or send us a tweet @InterConKL.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Stayed in June 2012. 3 nights. As a PC ambassador member with over 100 hotel nights per year I can safely say that the current level of this property is not in line with other IC hotels in Asia (or EUrope). Old outdated rooms, unattractive atmosphere, slow and user - unfriendly internet, sour staff ( you will NOT get a smile, no matter when or where you encounter staff). The hotel is probably not managed by the IC group but is rather franchised. Staff should travel to IC Bangkok to learn what it takes....

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SQUEEZED

Dear SQUEEZED

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies in relation to the experience you received during your recent stay.

Rest assured, we have taken the time to discuss this isolated incident with the hotel team members, ensuring the team members focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests and maintaining the consistent standard of the InterContinental brand.

The team and I hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Best place to stay. Location wise as well as hotel staff. This Hotel gives twice back it charges its guests. Service Best. Check in little slow but once at counter every thing is song. You wish for something and it is well attended.

Room Tip: The higher you go the sweeter it is.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear munishjolly2002

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your valuable feedback! It is indeed our pleasure to consistently deliver quality service to our guests and I am pleased to know that you had a fantastic stay with us. Your comments will definitely inspire all of us to work harder and to strive for excellence in providing the best to our guests.

We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was attending a 2 day seminar at the hotel during 19-20, so decided to stay here for convenience sake as the organizer had a good deal with the hotel. Furthermore, as I am a Priority Club Platinum member, I had a free upgrade to Premiere Room.

Location: In the middle of Jalan Ampang, Ampang Park LRT is at doorstep, KLCC within walking distance. Great location if you want to be in the city. But construction next door is annoying, especially if your room overlooks the construction site

Room: OK but not great. Room was renovated except the bathroom (one can tell aging tiles and marble). AC was good and easily adjustable.

Food: Breakfast has good spread of Asian and western dishes but service was so so. One morning I had to wait for over 5 minutes for my coffee to arrive and reminded the waiters more than once that I was still waiting for my coffee.

Dinner: Hotel was having Korean food promotion and they flew in from Korea three chefs from IC hotels in Korea. As I arrived at the restaurant the moment it was open (7pm), one of the Korean chefs was kind enough to introduce and recommend various dishes to me. It turned out to be great recommendations. So, I would rate my dining experience as good.

Overall, it was an ok 5 star hotel, not outstanding or terrible.

Dear KFSKSP

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

We thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your valuable feedback. I am delighted that you had enjoyed your stay and I will definitely share your ratings with the team.

We have taken note on all the points written and do rest assure that I have reviewed together with my department heads to implement measures for improvement owing to our guest satisfaction. We thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Only with feedback can we continue to improve our service standards. Don't forget to check us out on Facebook or send us a tweet @InterConKL.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2012

The rates at this hotel for a short stay via the IC website were encouraging and club access rooms were just a few dollars more than the cheapest wholesale rates I could source. As an Ambassador and priority club member it was hard to go past.
On arrival the hotel we enjoyed a warm welcome from the doorman. However the ambassador desk was unattended so I waited in line at check-in to be shown to the ambassador check-in where I waited for a few more minutes while someone came to arrange the check-in. Little bit bizzare and an interesting first impression, however It all worked out and rooms were allocated quickly and efficiently. Our room was upgraded to an executive suite from a club executive, so it now had a separated living area, an extra wardrobe and toilet and one of the largest King beds I have ever seen. Think 2 people star-fishing big!!!! Not to mention one of the most whizz bangiest toilets I have seen. And I thought I was reasonably well travelled!!
As an Ambassador, you can expect a nice gift (malaysian trinket) and the fruit basket and replenished bottled water daily.
Originally a NIkko Hotel, and now rebranded as an IC, there is no real WOW factor with the hotel. Which was fine with me. The lobby is large, some of the lobby furniture is a bit funky (cool) and the main restaurants are all quite hip but that is kind of where it ends. The rooms are what could be described as contempory elegant, comfortable, enough furniture and completely functional albeit a little outdated. Views are reasonable, nothing extradorinary since the hotel is slowly being built around with other hi-rise and im guessing soon enough the only views will be that of another building.
The redeming feature of this IC is probably the Club lounge. Highly recommend it for the extra few dollars it costs. Lots of natural light in the club lounge and lots of personal service. Food quality was excellent at breakfast, and for afternoon tea and pre-dinner, in fact you could almost eat entirely at the club and be satisfied - but hey there are lots of great restarants in KL to discover. Great coffee's, excellent staff who were engaging and helpful and a warm and inviting atmosphere certainly made the difference.
We didnt use any of the restaurants in the hotel so unable to comment.
The fitness centre is ordinary and in need of an upgrade. For a very basic treadmill workout it's okay, if you enjoy watching people walking to and from the pool and being on show during your workout. The pool is nice but with very little shade.
Location wise, i'd agree there are many choices that are better. But this hotel is only a 7-10 minute walk from the KLCC and from there you are connected to several different areas, it's extremely cheap to get taxi's anywhere and we shopped all over the city and found it quite easy to access.
So why stay here? For IC Memebers (Priority Club/Ambassador) apart from the Holiday Inn's it's the only choice. And it's fine. For anyone else, it's a medium price range hotel and the extra for club is a definate benefit that easily competes with the likes of the Parkroyal and Shangri-la. While the rooms may not be ultra modern they are clean and comfortable.
As the IC Brand develops with this hotel, I'd expect it's only going to get better.

Room Tip: Suggest upgrading to club access. Well worth the extra few dollars.
1  Thank jetsettter

Dear jetsettter

Greetings from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur!

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!