3,109 results
All reviews latest recipe klia express sentral station hilton hotel the club lounge spg member convenient location kl international airport swimming pool great pool premier room easy access corner room business trip little india buffet breakfast public transport
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The location is called Sentral for a reason!

When you arrive at the airport, take the KLIA express which takes just 28 minutes into Sentral Station. I advise buying a return ticket from the automated machine - use a credit card and you save 10% (it's 100 ringit normally - you get it for 90 by paying that way... which about £16.50).

When you exit the station, you are literally about a 2 minute walk fro the hotel - just come out of the station, cross the road and you are there!

The hotel itself is newly refurbished, food and drink facilities are first class (although I would suggest getting down and dirty with the local cuisine - IT'S AMAZING!!). Because of your local next to the train station, you can jump straight onto the monorail or light railway and get everywhere really quickly. You can get a cab but the traffic is a nightmare during rush hours (and when it rains) so I would honestly suggest just using trains - it's 9 minutes down to KLCC. You are also right next to NU shopping mall so there is an excellent food court there - literally a couple of pounds will buy you lunch or dinner. You are also a short cab ride from Bangsar - go and have banana leaf curry!!

The pool area is lovely, you get sun must of the day (take good factor cream though, the sun is strong in Malaysia).

All in all, rooms are spotless, modern, well serviced, staff are fantastic and situation wise, as you can see, you are very well situated to get just about anywhere you want to be.

The other advantage is when getting the train back to the airport, with MAS, Cathay Pacific and maybe a few others, you can check your bags in BEFORE you get on the train and they go straight to aircraft!!

For all these reasons I would definitely stay this side of the city. You pay more to be over by KLCC only to get stuck in traffic jams!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Tbh I stayed a couple of days at both this hotel and the Hilton next door.
Both hotels are nice, modern and share the same location as they are practically twin towers.
In my humble opinion the Le Meridien is somewhat nicer though, with more stylish rooms an better breakfast facilities.
The rooftop swimming pool is amazing and is shared with the Hilton.
The only min point for me is that none of their rooms seem to have bathtubs, only showers, which is okay for a couple of days but not for a longer stay, but that’s just me. The Hilton’s offering is better at that, and their rooms seem also slightly bigger, but again, bit less stylish and less attention to detail.
Chose whichever one of the two hotels and you won’t be disappointed either way; in my opinion it’s a draw.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Perfect location, within city centre with connection to Nu Sentral Mall and KL Sentral Hub, connected to LRT, MRT and KLIA Express. No problems for transport, a station away from Pasar Seni ( The Central Market) where you can find the foods at Chinatown.
The Premium Room was excellent with bathtub and bed was extremely comfortable with LCD TV.
Quiet environment and WiFi connection very strong, finished my work without any distractions.
I will come back to stay again for next trip.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 10:30PM and really wanted a welcome drink but the bar was closed. After a long travel day we were hoping for an upgraded room for our SPG status but they didn’t have any available. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The hotel is connect to the mall and the KL express which is fabulous. No need to go outside at all.

Stayed: January 2018
LeMeridien_KL_MY, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear TiffanyDC2015,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and for being an SPG gold member. Please accept my apologies for your overall disappointment with the stay, but we are delighted with your compliments for the team and for the hotel’s great location. While we place great importance on the loyalty of our SPG members, unfortunately the hotel was full on the night of your arrival and so while we offered an enhanced room in the category you booked, I am sorry that we were unable to upgrade you. Unfortunately our Gastro Sentral Bar was also closed when you checked in just after midnight and so you were unable to enjoy the welcome drink. While the drinks voucher is also valid the next day, of course this may not be convenient, and again, please do accept my apologies. I do hope that you otherwise enjoyed the stay, and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur in the future.

Very best,
Michael Delargy

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This is a good hotel with attentive staff. We were upgraded during our stay. The hotel was near the trains so easy to get around to the main sites. The only down side was the pool was very small but it is to be expected in a bustling city!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple