Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Fadzil J

Best Business Trip getaway

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
It was a business trip. MO provided a corner room which was spacious. The bed and pillows are comfortable. The breakfast was delicious with lots of healthy and fresh varieties of food and drinks. The hot and cold sauna was exhilarating! The food and drinks at the restaurant beside the swimming pool was also nice...
Trip type: Travelled on business
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 2 weeks ago
Dear 992fadzilj

Thank you for sharing your fabulous feedback on this occasion. We greatly appreciate your kind patronage and look forward to welcoming you back for either business or leisure.

₹5,559
    ₹7,003
1.0 km from Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur
View more hotels in Kuala Lumpur
7,984 results
All reviews petronas towers mosaic restaurant the club lounge klcc park park view infinity pool chinese restaurant our honeymoon luxury hotel corner room amazing hotel shopping centre late check buffet breakfast mosaics mokl heen
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed at Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur from 15.6.2024 to 16.6.2024 in celebration of our first wedding anniversary.

Overall, the stay was good. Several points for improvement:
1. The check-in and check-out takes too long. I was also a patron at MO last year and my check-in took about 45 minutes. This time round, my check in 20-25 minutes. Whilst this is an improvement, it is still quite a long wait. I've had experience in other places eg Westin, Le Meridien and Hilton where the check-in time in much quicker.
2. There are several counters to check-in or check-out and each counter have their own queue. I suggest having only one queue and the counter will call on the next guest. This obviates the problem of someone joining the queue later but getting served first. If each counter have their own queue, it is literally a roll of the dice. If there is only one queue and the counter that is vacant calls on the next person in line, this will be much better and will be more systematic as well.
3. Perhaps have several dedicated check-out counters. Evidently, checking-out is generally quicker. I was waiting in line for about 25 minutes during my check-out. When it came to my turn, it took less than 5 minutes.

Apart from the above minor issues, there is a MAJOR issue that I would like to bring to your attention. After I checked-out, I was advised that my parking would be free. I provided my car plate number. When I was driving out, I was stopped at the boom gate which stated there was outstanding RM136. I was subsequently made to understand that the attending person keyed in the wrong car plate number. This is not my complaint. My complaint is that I had to wait for 25 minutes at the boom gate. Nothing was done. There were 2 workers there from the car park management. They kept on telling me they have called but no answer/reply.

In times like this, I would expect that there must be a way to override the system to allow me to pass. I was informed that it was not possible to do so. If ultimately I am found to have cheated MO (which of course is not the case here), MO has my credit card details. I've paid a deposit. Surely you can deduct from there. This is ridiculous as if there is no way to override the system to allow me out, what happens in the event of an emergency eg. fire? This must be against local/municipal regulations/guidelines. During the 25 minutes wait, I, at intervals asked what was happening. Same answer - they (the 2 workers) have contacted the relevant people, but those people are not responding.

After about 20 minutes, I again asked the 2 workers what was happening. They repeated themselves. Ultimately, I was the one who had to leave my car at the boom gate, go up to concierge to impress upon them the urgency of the matter to sort out the problem, which I couldn't believe took 25 minutes in total. WORST STILL the workers at the car park was rude. I believe I was patient enough to wait for 20 minutes. Admittedly, I was annoyed and I too raised my voice, but I believe my annoyance was justified. There were 2 workers, both of whom were just in the booth/office. I do not see any reason why one of them could not have gone to the concierge to get things moving/sort the issue out. I WAS THE ONE WHO HAD TO DO IT. I would like to believe that some training was given to the car park attendants (though if there were such training, it obviously didn't show).

I expect more from a hotel of MO's stature. I hope that MO improves as this left a bitter taste in what was otherwise a pleasant experience.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Alexcwc

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback such as this that we learn from and use to improve.

I truly regret to note of your comments on your arrival and departure experience as well as the complimentary parking for our in-house guests which I have personally reviewed with our Front Office Manager for immediate address to improve our service level. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused as it is not our normal standard and rest assured that every effort is being made to ensure our guests' expectations.

Your loyal and continuous support towards our hotel is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back for a seamless stay in the future.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went for an after dinner drink at the lobby bar. Greeted and served our first drinks gracefully by our waitress. From then on our service down. Observed a guest struggling to know if she was able to grab a quick drink and not assisted by a waiter (from the main dining) who was walking through the lobby bar to the back area. She had to made her way thru the counter and eventually was sat down.

A gentleman waiter found that there was no better place to fix a table besides us at the entrance of the lobby bar.

Grabbed his attention to order our second round of drinks, he couldn’t understand the brand Bollinger and had to point the champagne on the menu. After 20/25 mins, we asked for our champagne, no one aware of the order, finally gave up and asked the bill. Even then the champagne never came.

I cannot recall the last time I ordered a drink and it never came. At a Mandarin, these mishaps shouldn’t happen and if ever it did happened by unfortunate circumstances, you’d think the hotel of this standard would anything to turn things around.

Date of stay: June 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ketan H

Dear Ketam H

I truly regret to note of your less than satisfactory dining experience at our lounge and have shared your comments with our Director of F&B for immediate address to improve our service level. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused as it is not our normal standard and rest assured that every effort is being made to ensure our guests’ expectations.

We greatly appreciate your kind patronage and look forward to welcoming you back for a more seamless stay the next time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I loved the room is big. The staff so lovely. All the food is so great. Is so closed to KLCC. For sure It’s my first choice if I come to Malaysia.. I loved it so much.. I really recommended this hotel. The kids loved the pool, the food the mocktail is very good

Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 575laylas

I am truly pleased to hear of your family’s wonderful stay with us and to know how much you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you very much for your recommendation of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming your family back for another fantastic sojourn at Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a very pleasant experience from the moment I checked-in to checked-out. Kudos to all staff.

I felt welcome and am always looking forward to returning whenever I am in Kuala Lumpur. Breakfast selections were superb, the fitness center is cleaned and the staff were courteous and very professional.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear abdullahharon

Thank you for your positive review and appreciation towards our staff. It’s wonderful to know that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels bring you to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Closest you can get to Twin Towers! Opt for the higher floors. Housekeepingnis very attentive and requests are tended to very quickly. Dining is on the costly side though, but breakfasts are aplenty at Suria KLCC Mall. Interior of rooms can be a bit more contemporary.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear MASJJ

Thank you for your commendation on our housekeeping service which I look forward to share with our team. We greatly appreciate your kind patronage and await your return to Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur.

General Manger