Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur
US$ 166
US$ 142
Agoda.com
US$ 129
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$ 211
US$ 188
ParkRoyal Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$ 102
US$ 79
Agoda.com
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$ 84
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$ 97
Hotels.com
Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$ 97
US$ 69
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$ 162
US$ 136
Shangri-La.com
Capitol Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$ 46
US$ 41
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Capri by Fraser, Kuala Lumpur / Malaysia(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$ 257
Orbitz.com
5,358 results
All reviewspetronas towersmosaic restaurantthe club loungeklcc parkpark viewinfinity poolour honeymoonchinese restaurantluxury hotelwonderful hotelshopping mallbuffet breakfastbukit bintangmosaicsmoklheenkeiko
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This business hotel has good weekend rates but their weekday rates are pretty steep. I have stayed here many times when my children were young as it is just next to KLCC. It is next to a very large park with excellent jogging track, water fountains and play area. The park is a safe as it is patrolled and it's great to have open place and fresh air right in the heart of city. KLCC mall has a good range of shops for whole family. For me, its great to be able to nip next door for hair wash and manicure in between meetings and dinners. Service is impeccable, reservations a breeze and room cleaned twice a day - I like it when housekeeping does turn down service later than 7pm when I have already left for dinner and not annoy me earlier when I am rushing to get ready to go out. However, this property is quite old and plumbing can be a tad noisy. Water pressure is adequate but I have a hard time figuring the water temperature at the shower. The complimentary fruit is refreshed everyday but I would gladly swap this for free internet (very pricey, I think at MYR60 per day).

Room Tip: Request for park view, high floor and non smoking room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katzip
Reviewed 18 September 2012

If you wish to stay in KL for either business or tourism, look no further. I have stayed in many properties in KL over the years and have come to the conclusion MO is the best.

The good:

Location - right next to PETRONAS towers, if you are a tourist there is no better positioning. Also it's very close to nightlife and there are many entertainment options nearby (right opposite there is a fantastic rooftop bar - think it's called martini 59 or something like that - really worthwhile)

Food - they have a 24 hours buffet - what do you need more if you come back from a bar or a late night at the office

Staff - staff is just wonderful, no other word for it. Lady called Marge arranged everything for me in no time from quick check-in to taxi to good restaurant recommendations.

Rooms – very nice and clean,

The not so good:

Only one comment and that is that the showers are a bit silly. You need to turn them from left to right (from cold to warm water) with the result that every time you take a shower you are treated with 15 seconds of ice-cold water before it heats up. You cannot “start” with warm water. But that is the only minor issue I have with this hotel.

I would recommend to anybody to stay here - business or pleasure - it's wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Michiel_PR
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Ideal location, due to its proximity to Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Suria Shopping Mall KLCC.

Between 5 to 6-0star hotel with superb swimming pool, and convention facilities.

Club Floor provides free-flow of food which is neither too light nor too heavy.

Laundry services always return clothes, in a "crispy" condition.

Room Tip: Should try to request "park view" of "PETRONAS Twin Towers view".
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Azhar J
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I stayed here for a second business trip to KL in May 2012. On our previous trip, we had stayed in the Traders Hotel, which was, in my opinion, absolutely excellent but the Mandarin Oriental has some aspects which are even more impressive.

We booked Club rooms, which I can recommend as the MO has the best club lounge you could ask for. The quality of food and service is top notch and the provision of meeting rooms is a real bonus when on business. The food was so good that I didn't need to eat anywhere outside the club lounge for the whole of my 4 day stay. Airport transfers were excellent and the hotel were efficient in ordering taxis to take us to meetings.

The hotel has a great gym, decent outside pool with a nice poolside bar and also provides squash courts, which I appreciated.

The room was clean and well set up, everything worked and I especially liked having an espresso machine in the room.

Overall a great stay and worth the premium price over its competitors if you can afford it, if only for the excellent food in the club lounge.

Room Tip: Club rooms are worth the premium for the excellent lounge facilities - especially the food!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We arrived very tired from the long flight from UK via Schipol. How very glad we were to have splashed out on a 4 night stay before starting our trek visiting other places. The hotel was fabulous, the service excellent and the food exquisite. Pampered to the hilt! All staff knew our names and we were greeted throughout the hotel by name, felt like royalty. Our room had a view of the park and the Petronas towers, it was quite spectacular.

It was our first trip to Malaysia and we were not disappointed, from hotel staff to taxi drivers and shop assistants, they were beautiful people and could not do enough for you.
We travelled from KL to Penang by local bus, very cheap and efficient, we then went by local boat to Langkawi, again, a great experience and a cheap way to travel. All arrangements for our onward travel was done once we arrived in KL via the internet or asking locals.

Room Tip: Any room I am sure would not be disappointing.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple