“Great Apartments..!”

Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel And Residences
Ranked #40 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“Great Apartments..!”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed in the Apartments building. Great service! Except they didn't give any water bottles and enough toiletries the first night. All was taken cared of once we rang reception.
Buffet breakfast is on level 10 for apartment residence (same level as pool) was just average. Buffet was definitely not as grand as the hotel residence on ground floor.
Apartment residence laundry service is also on level 10. It cost 7 ringgits each for washing and dryer. To get your coins, get someone working in the buffet room to help you.
Our room was surprisingly large. It was a lot bigger than it looked in the pictures.

Just behind the Pavillion shopping centre.

Catch a taxi even if its close by. You'll get tired from all the shopping!!
Taxi generally cost: MYR$10 anywhere around the city.

There's 2 types of taxi's metered and unmetered.
Metered will be more safer you won't get jibbed.
But once you get use to it just jump into the unmetered taxi. around KL it should only cost $10 ringgit, No More than $15

Places to go:

*Pavillion Shopping Mall
*Lot 10 - Food court Food is great here too (cheap)
*Time Square Shopping Mall - Many cheap stores - (must Bargain)
*KL Tower & Atmosphere 360 Restaurant - Excellent Buffet Dinner!! A must try! See Petronas Tower at night from up high RM$198
*Petronas tower
*ChinaTown
*Batu Caves
*Templer Park - waterfall
*Green View Restaurant - Chinese restaurant - Must try: Prawn Noodles & Sweet and Sour Chilli Crab with Chinese bread
*Bird Park
*Desa Water Park - great for the kids

Overall it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Apartments are great for families. If you prefer better breakfast go for the hotels.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ChloeMWilliams
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (629)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I was reading raiindrop's comments and it left me wondering about the security of the hotel.

I stayed over at the hotel recently over one of the weekends. I chose this hotel after reading the reviews about the good location this place has to offer - indeed the location is good.

Anyway, my experience. I was slightly late in my check-out and found that my access card was deactivated when I tried to enter my room. Although it would be inconvenient for me to go to the the counter to re-activate my card, I do appreciate that this is a good security system put in place. However, as I was leaving my room, I chanced upon a hotel employee and related to him about my deactivated access card. The hotel staff actually tried to open the room with his access. Unfortunately (or fortunately), he did not have the necessary access.

It didn't occur to me immediately, but the staff should not have tried to access the room, especially when my identity as the occupant could not be verified by him. It left me wondering what could have happened to my belongings if a stranger were to approach a hotel staff who has the right access.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank wlwenlong
TQKL, General Manager at Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel And Residences, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for recently choosing to stay with us at the Prince Hotel & Residence, Kuala Lumpur.

Your post in relation to hotel security and how it is executed is very valid and I for one certainly appreciate the feedback. It is the policy of our hotel not to give access to guest rooms unless proven ID is given at reception where it can be verified. In this instance I am not sure of the events surrounding this issue, but again I can assure you we will deal with this immediatley through training and additional security measures. I would also like to highlight that the Prince Hotel & Residences has some of the most sophisticated security systems in a hotel in KL, in addition to a team of highly trained security personeel and over 300+ CCTV camera's to monitor guest and staff movements.

In regards to 'Raindrops' comments and without prejudice, I would like to repeat that the theft is alledged and as mentioned by my colleague a thorough investigation was done by our security team and the Tourism Police, both had negative findings based on some very clear facts that have not been mentioned in 'Raindrops' comments!

Again, thank you for your time in writing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the near future.

Tim Quarm
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed at the Prince Hotel in April in an executive room therefore had the luxury of the club room. Cannot understand why this is not utilised more. We had it to ourselves for three nights. It was excellent with quite an abundance of snacks between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Suma (the lady in charge) was wonderful, so friendly, accommodating and helpful when we asked what we could see as tourists. She gave us some very helpful tips. This lady is a credit to the hotel.

The hotel itself is ideally situated for the food court and Petronas Towers and the monorail. It is a very elegant hotel and the rooms are very large with everything you need for a comfortable stay in KL.

Room Tip: The club rooms are a bit more expensive but worth it for the club lounge.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank easysides
Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We recently stayed at the Prince for 2 nights and found it to be an excellent, stylish, clean hotel.
The staff are what made the hotel such a great choice and we certainly felt this from the moment we arrived, they made us feel welcome and were very polite and helpful.
Check in/out was fast and handled efficiently - we were lucky enough to receive a room upgrade with breathtaking views of the twin towers. Comfy beds, big bathrooms and a awesome buffet breakfast that offered a huge variety of food.
For us the Prince is a first rate hotel and we would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Louisville, tn
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This was a great place to stay while in KL. Great location and apartments were really roomy and comfortable. Bed was very comfortable and shower enjoyable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tntraveler207
TQKL, Online Social Media Marketing Executive at Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel And Residences, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Tntraveler207,

Thank you for choosing Prince Hotel & Residence during your stay in Kuala Lumpur and for the great review of our residential rooms. It was a pleasure to read that you have found our location ideal for you, which is certainly great for shoppers and business minded guests alike.

We are proud to say that the staff is our greatest asset at Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur and we pride ourselves in providing the most authentic Malaysian hospitality to all our guests and visitors.

Thank you once again, and we are looking forward to your next visit!

Warm regards,