Hotel Istana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
The Kuala Lumpur Journal(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Al Jafs(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
The Mesui Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
Attapsana Guesthouse(Kuala Lumpur)
Hotel Ambassador(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Pool
4,216 results
All reviewsthe club loungetaman saribukit bintangpetronas towersmonorail stationbuffet breakfastpavilion mallrotanashoppingklsinksfoyertaxisindianasiachinatown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The hotel looks ok from the outside and that's about it! The service, rooms and management are crap! My wife and I had booked a high floor room and while checking in they gave us a low floor, after many requests to the receptionists I had to speak to the manager who was useless as well and said they didn't have a room on the higher floor available...frustrated we decided to move to another hotel and surprise surprise a room IS available suddenly!! The service remained crappy during our 2 night there.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Atkinson29
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed there for 6 nights,it was good hotel spacious room as our room was double with extra bed,the best location near to monorail station ,pavillion mall and bukit bintang.when we arrived to hotel we stayed for long time in lobby as we booked our room by booking .com but our booking wasnt in hotel system after confirming almost 2 hours we waited untill room get clean,this hotel doesnt have a proper lobby ,we sit in a place and waitress came and said you cannot sit here bcz here is launch area you have to order something ,u cannot sit here,in second day of our staying when we went for breakfast they told us your room is without breakfast,in condition that our room was with breakfast ,this hotel is very nice ,clean but its old and must be renewd, furniture is very old ,tv in the room may be you cannot find in market now .the bathroom was very good ,2 sinks,seperate toilet ,the most strange thing that we observed in this hotel ,fridge was empty,even 3 stars hotels nowadays have full fridge,althought we dont use fridge items but it was something diffrent in 5 stars hotel,but in general ,its a nice hotel ,we enjoyed ,it was very comfortable,i suggest this hotel to people ,staff are very friendly ,our check out was very easy ,in a minute they gave our bill and payment done, We were very pleased with our stay in Istana hotel.Thank you very much from Audery ,she was very kind ,very polite and she had good information about city and helped us for visiting everywhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Istana, the staff were beautiful and the hotel was very comfortable, I have a back problem so the need for a firm bed is paramount and I was not disappointed, the pool and surrounding areas very comfortable and relaxing, we can not fault it and when we return to KL we would certainly stay again. Have recommended to all my friends and relatives.

Room Tip: A very spacious room, very clean and a very comfortable bed, we stayed on the 16th floor facing the front of the hotel so nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The lobby and entrance to this hotel are amazing, as it the pool and gardens. However when i got to my room, i nearly had a heart attack! The majority of the room was clean and ok (albiet a slight damp smell) but the shower was something else. It was foul, I'm not sure if the mould was engrained into the silican on the bottom (which would make it very difficult to get off) or what, but it was so gross i had to wear my thongs just to shower due to fesar of contracting some type of foot fungus! And this is meant to be a fancy hotel! also, FYI dont rely on the hair dryers, they are like 50 years old and attached to the wall on some big unit, just crazy! Good location however, and the staff are amazing and very friendly. In the restaurant at breakfast there were more staff than guests! Its just a shame that the rooms are a bit of a let down. I was only there for one night luckily. Also, no free wifi even in the lobby, stingy buggers!

Room Tip: Just ask for a clean shower!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank HappyTravella2012
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This was my second stay in about 6 months and this 3 night stay was a good as my last.
Many of the lounge staff remembered me, which was pleasing. The staff are always very friendly and caring and probably make the stay what it is.
Great rooms, very comfortable and roomy and the lounge and pool area is lovely. Good food/beverages available in the hotel but very convenient to great, cheap local food too.
There are perhaps flasher hotels but I think it would be hard to beat on cost and location.
I have recommended to all my friends to stay there.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem nice.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo