“Nice ambience, tasty food”
Review of Songket Restaurant

Songket Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 4,650 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Malaysian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to an oasis in the heart of KL city centre, hidden away from the buzz of city life. Come savour the taste of our authentic Malay cuisine inspired from traditional specialties. Delight in our live inter-active Multi-Cultural Dance Performances 6x per week (Mon-Sat) from 8.30pm to 9.15pm, and capture the wonderful memory in beautiful pictures with our dancers in their glorious and colorful traditional customes. Relax in our warm and cozy traditional ambience with choice of indoor aircon dining, outdoor terrace dining as well as garden dining in wooden huts and pergolas. We bring you an overall experience you will cherish forever. Welcome to Songket Restaurant. True Malay Flavours.
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I wanted to give my team a lunch treat and was asking aroundnfor a good place to go to. I was bored with our normal choices at the KLCC and Pavilion shopping complexes. A friend suggested this place.

The place was fabulous. Since I was making reservation for 10 pax, they arranged for a private room. The food was tasty. I would recommend this place to both locals are visitors alike. We took the set lunch option, and they threw in a drink of our choice. I chose sirap selasih.

1  Thank SharinaS

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Heavily pushed by the hotel concierge and here at trip advisor I went expecting wonderful Malaysian food. This was the third night, and I had had wonderful Malaysian food up to this point, so I was expecting the world.

And I got ... boring. The settings are nice, The service attentive, the food ... nothing special. It was boring at best, and boring is not a quality that I came to expect from Malaysian food. While heavily recommended, I can only give it a "meh".

3  Thank Pelzigenvater
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We went to Songket since there were great reviews. The food was not great, just OK. Performance was nice. Then it started raining...and the place flooded. It blacked out and we were stuck. No taxi would come fetch us....

Never go to this place when it rains. Terrible night out.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

A really nice meal in a nice and clean restaurant. Ingredients all seemed pretty fresh and good choices without going overboard like some menus. Majority of waiters seemed to be Burmese and gave great service. Got the starter platter which was ok, though nothing to rave about. Better to order a bunch of mains. Suitable for both tourists and locals. Will definitely return soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Even for a local who is used to be having the best home-cooked food, Songket still delivers in terms of serving good quality Malay dishes. The ingredients are fresh, spices abound and the aroma of the food when it arrives at your table just gets you all excited.

The atmosphere is nice with simple deco and some local crafts and art pieces. The service is exceptional too with the staff knowing their food and able to recommend terrific dishes.

The traditional dance show is a worthwhile effort and caters more for tourist wanting to experience local culture and be entertained while dining.

The price is a bit steep tho. But I guess the food speak for itself. If authentic Malay food is your craving, then Songket is the place.

2  Thank 99Footsteps