As a local, i would say that this is an excellent place for a quiet weekend retreat without the hassle of travelling far. It is located behind the US Embassy and if you ever lost your way just drive along Jalan Madge until you find the place. I came with my wife for our 17th anniversary so decided to splurge a bit and booked the Loft (unit no 9) which came with a personal pool. Having stayed in a number of places with their own pool, i tend to differentiate between a private pool and a personal pool. In this case I would regard it as personal pool since I wouldnt say that it is totally private. But you have a nice view of the city especially at night although they are partially blocked by the surrounding trees. I would like to try a different approach for this review with the aim of keeping it simple for fast reading. So here goes.
The Good :
1. A very committed Resident Manager who is very dedicated and loves her job
2. Pleasant staff
3. Excellent quiet location
4. One of the most comfortable bed i have ever slept on
5. Excellent selection of tea
6. Free wifi throughout the resort
7. Spacious room
8. Mandi mandi restaurant ambience ( we had dinner as well as breakfast here)
9. Having you car washed is really a nice gesture
The Not so good
1. Private Pool water was murky and not so clean. You can even see you footprints when you step on the pool floor. I really dont expect such for the price you pay and for a resort under the R&C badge. Since I was there for one night only, I didnt border to make a complain.
2. Complimentary fruits basket are not that fresh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best described as Kuala Lumpur's ultimate treat to nest in. This ravishing villa-in-a-room boutique hotel is one-of-a-kind in the capital city. Tucked within an upscale locale just 10 minutes drive from town, Villa Samadhi becomes an immediately accessible respite to restore soul into one’s exhausted self. Its collection of 21 contemporary Asian-inspired rooms, with each spanning from 600 square-foot to over 2000 square-feet of living spaces are accented with a collage of elements to create a raw yet sophisticated Asian dwelling. Discreetly recede from street view, the most distinguishing feature of Villa Samadhi is the massive, soaring grass thatched-roof that shouts 'Malaysia'. But most eye-catching is the mysterious-looking multi-layered thatched roof structure of the rooftop bar-lounge ‘Bumbung’ which is floating above all else. Open the bamboo-clad gate and the surprise is over, a facade in absolute russet harmony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Prestigia and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Villa Samadhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Samadhi Hotel Kuala Lumpur