“There were other hotel if you could” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #19 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
“There were other hotel if you could”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Need to ensure everything before departure since i leave, the parking ticket not validated resulted i need to pay extra. The arrival also not warmly welcomed, yeah i know..arriving there just after midnight but making the check-in process extra slow won't improved the situation

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear IrwanChan,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I have noted your comments regarding the efficiency of check-in, arrival and departure experiences. I apologize for the disappointing experience and the problem you mentioned with the car park validation have been addressed to Front Office Manager. Certainly we will continue to work on training to improve our service. Again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

A poor welcome, no smile or welcome. Room was dirty! YES dirty, black hair on the bathroom floor, mirrors dirty, floor looked like it had not been mopped, construction work going on in the gym, construction work going on outside the hotel. HH diamond club member and was not offered an upgrade! Service average, sorry but will not be going back to this hotel, recently stayed at the Sheraton KL and so much better. Sorry for the bad review but was truly disapointed

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank James8896
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear James8896,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I have noted your comments on the arrival experience and room cleanliness. I apologize that we were unable to provide you with the quality of service you deserved during your recent stay. I have addressed these issues with the respective departments. We are working hard with the team to focus on training and developing our service, and the guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas.

In particular I noted your comment regarding the room upgrade for HHonors, if you can provide me with more feedback as to the concern, this would assist me in improving our standards for all guests. Please directly write to me at Ian.Barrow@hilton.com so we can ensure that we improve all areas of service and I look forward to hearing from you.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I really liked this hotel as a Hilton Gold Member I was upgraded to a club floor room.

The room was nice, quiet, modern and very clean.

The only downfall is there is only wired internet access in the guest rooms there is no wireless access, so your Ipad us useless.

The staff I dealt with were very professional and very helpful, I would definitely stay here again. Also room service was great!

BUT note to hotel GM, you really need to upgrade the internet and get wireless access in every guest room.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear GlobalNomad62,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the location, room and I am happy to hear the team looked you. I also noted your comment on the necessity to provide Wi-Fi service in guestroom and we are working with the team for improvement although it may be not be able to rectify quickly, however obviously this area can always be improved.

I trust you also enjoyed our famous Doubletree cookie and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We wanted to be in KL by noon, and got up very early to drive from Singapore. Getting to the hotel we were told we could not get into the rooms until 3.00!
The warm cookie was delicious but did not make up for the delay in having our rooms!
We did not get to enjoy the rooms as we were there for one night and checking in at 3.00 p.m was too late. We had to leave early next morning.

Room Tip: The location is pretty good, walking distance to the Twin Towers if you need to be in that section o...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear gypsysing,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate your feedback on the hotel.

I noted your comment on the standard check in time at 3pm and I apologize on behalf of the team. The reception staff should have being flexible for an early check in request. Certainly, we are working hard with the team to focus on developing our service, and the guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I call 4 the room rate n a room available,then i arrive at the hotel 1 hours later,the rate is rm200 higher than wht the phone operator told me earlier.n only exec room available.nice 1..

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Sleepin_jay
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Sleepin_jay,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I have noted your comment that difference room rate was communicated to you, and I humbly apologize for the inconvenience caused. If you can provide me with more feedback as to the concern, this would assist me in improving our standards for all guests. Please directly write to me at Ian.Barrow@hilton.com so we can ensure that we improve all areas of service.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!