“Disappointment”
Review of Hotel Rae

Hotel Rae
Ranked #234 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 17 September 2012

First impression from the hotel exterior, it is attractive so I decided to give it a try.My husband and I wanted to view the room first but the receptionist say after 6pm no viewing of rooms.therefore we just took their standard double cause it was only a night.Once I see my room, it was acceptable that the space is small but the cleanliness was poor.the linen was dirty with spots on it, the bath towel the wall,even the toilet paper has lil bugs on it..Most exciting part, cockroach hiding in the water kettle.seem like years no one lived in this room.I'm travelling with a toddler age 1plus, I'm so not satisfied with the value I pay and got such quality.another point is there were many ladyboy hanging in this hotel, so in future, not recommendable.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank izlelism
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Rae

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We booked 1 night at this hotel after having seen it about 2 years ago (I think it was new or recently renovated then). The reception area was nice but the guy at the reception desk was not helpful or friendly at all - seemed like he was there under sufferance. We were given our key and made our way upstairs (no lift). The hallways were dark and didn't smell that great. We had booked a superior room but there was nothing superior about what we got. It was small and dirty. The carpet didn't look like it had been vaccumed in years and the bed had stained linen on it. My partner went to reception to check if we were given the correct room and they said it was right. Very small and dirty. Would not recommend this hotel at all. We were so disgusted we left and went to another hotel down the street. The desk clerk didn't care.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

good reasonable hotel good area close to all the shopping,, clubs, etc remember do not go there in July August muslim ramadam, everything is shut or banned stupid there is no pool, and only wifi in the reception area

Room Tip: no pool the back area would be the best
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I only stayed for night after a long flight from Heathrow to Bangkok to Singapore then to KL. It seems Eid was around the corner so naturally all hotels in the surrounding KL area are all fully booked. Cab driver was very considerate to wait while checked the hotels for vacancy (seems the hotels don't have a line of communication among themselves - its survival of the fittest in KL.)

After leaving Alpha Genesis, cab driver - name of Abu Bakar - told me that Rae had rooms available. Checked in (wonderful front office staff) & slept off for what seems to be hours. At around 10pm or 11pm, after a seemingly dinner for 2 consumed by only 1 person (the nearby stalls have ABSOLUTELY good food to choose) I noticed that the bathroom was properly cleaned (still had cigarette ashes on the floor.) Now I don't mind not having hangers or no extra pillows, but one must have a CLEAN bathroom.

I only stayed for one night & after reading the comments here (though they have Wifi connection it still at a snail's pace) I wouldn't bother making a complaint directly to them but here where all can see.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed in the hotel, level B, on the night of 10 Aug 2012 and checked out on 11 Aug 2012 before 10am. As I am leaving KL only after the midnight of 11 Aug 2012, I left my one luggage bag for deposition at the hotel while I continue with some sightseeing on 11 Aug.

I returned to the hotel slightly before 11 pm to claim my luggage. Upon checking and searching for half an hour, I was alarmed that a cash amount of RM200, that I left in the luggage had gone missing. I put the cash in an envelope. I was very disappointed that such a thing can happen.

I know that the staff who worked in the morning are different from those who worked at night. I also understand that the hotel has a disclaimer that the hotel will not be responsible for any loss/damage and things left for deposition are at owner's own risk. However, despite this, i think I still want to highlight to all potential travellers to KL about such an occurrence. I do not know who in the hotel is responsible for my loss. However, two things are certain:
(i) there is at least a colleague in the hotel who searches through guests' belongings;
(ii) there is also at least one colleague, if not more, who is so dishonest to keep the money.

I left the hotel with my luggage an unhappy man. Sadly but surely, I am very disappointed.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends