Fraser Place Kuala Lumpur
US$ 126
US$ 105
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$ 131
US$ 95
  • Restaurant
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$ 94
  • Fitness centre
US$ 96
US$ 78
  • Restaurant
Furama Bukit Bintang(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$ 69
US$ 58
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$ 164
US$ 136
Shangri-La.com
1,903 results
All reviewspetronas towersstudio apartmentsteam roominfinity poollaundry roomfully equipped kitchenwell equipped gymrestaurants and barsliving areaexcellent locationbukit bintangthe ground floorsuria klccwalking distancewashing machineegg stationbreakfast was included
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Stayed there for business. Good hotel - nice and modern. Staff were helpful. Good value for money. Location is convenient and central near shopping and restaurants. Morning breakfast was at a small restaurant at level one - not run by hotel but by a third party. Breakfast was only so so - in fact, would say very limited choice and what is available is really rather average. Other than that, I enjoyed the room. Wifi included in the room. Free coffee at the lobby. For business - yep, I give it the thumbs up and will return.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We arrived very late but checking in was a breeze and we were greeted by a wonderful reception staff member (male) with our bag being brought up to our room promptly. We had booked a studio suite but were upgraded to a one bedroom apartment on the 23rd floor due to the works going on in the adjacent office block that will be a new Fraser Place extension. This has never happened to me before so right from the very start Fraser Place were starting well with me. As it turned out, I had a female emergency and wasn't prepared so I went down to reception and discreetly asked to speak to the female receptionist. When she came out, in a lowered voice I asked her whether the hotel had any feminine hygiene products. She just laughed, looked at the male receptionist and proceeded to speak with him in Malaysian. I felt very embarrassed. She then got a key and went to the back office, came back and told me they didn't have what I wanted but that I could get what I needed at the 7 Eleven across the road. Off I trotted across the road only to find they did not have what I needed so back I went to reception. After having to tell the male receptionist my dilemma he indicated to me that there was a 24hr store across the road and a little further down that stocked the products I needed. He was right however I must say I was a little shocked that such a large hotel would not cater for such emergencies. The room we stayed in had a great view over the city, the bed was really comfortable and the ensuite was quite large. The room was spotless and towels were changed daily although the hotel does have an environmental policy regarding this it doesn’t seem to adhere to its own policy as even though we hung our towels on rails they were still changed. The one bedroom apartment also has a kitchen and lounge area. Breakfast was fairly bland and ordinary. There were only two choices of cereal, no muesli or yoghurt. Two toasters were supplied so only 4 slices could be toasted at the one time and there was a long queue of people waiting. Scrambled or boiled eggs but no friend or poached, baked beans and chicken sausages. It’s a predominantly Muslim country so you won’t find pork on the menu. Fruit was basic and cheese was the cheese slices you buy in packs. A sign indicated there were assorted pastries however there were only croissants which were of the packaged variety and appeared reheated. There was one alternative Asian flavoured food which I felt may have been inadequate for the number of Asians staying at the hotel. We asked if they made cappuccinos to which they said yes and we ordered 2. After 10 mins the lady at reception told us that if we wanted cappuccinos we would have to pay for them. We said that was fine. We waited over half an hour and finished our breakfast and the cappuccinos still had not arrived. Needless to say we cancelled them on the way out and the next morning we had a normal coffee. One morning at breakfast the lady sitting at the reception point of the restaurant where you sign your room number got one of the other staff to bring her a muffin which she quite happily sat and ate. I found this behaviour unprofessional as staff on the restaurant floor should never be seen to be eating in front of hotel guests. Go into the kitchen if you want to eat. One night we stopped in at the restaurant/bar for a night cap and were seated at a table. The table was still dirty from previous guests and the cloth on the table had bits of food on it despite the fact that there were quite a number of what appeared to be clean, empty tables. The four waiters at the bar were all sitting around watching the soccer on TV. We ordered 2 sambucas and when we received the bill they wanted us to pay 1 sambuca and a marinara pasta. When I asked for it to be rectified the waiter argued that the cost was the same however it wasn’t as 2 sambucas cost less. It’s these small things that detract from the overall experience. The concierge and staff were fantastic and helpful as were the staff at reception. The restaurant staff could do with some customer service training.The hotel also boasts a small infinity pool and gymnasium as well.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view. Choose a one bedroom apartment if you're after a bit more space and plan on spending time in your hotel room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ooElektraoo
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We spent 2 nights at Fraser Place in Kuala Lumpur around Christmas and it was a fantastic experience. Check-in was effortless, the doormen and the receptionists greeted us with a smile and never forgot to wishing us Merry Christmas through our stay.

The hotel lobby is very relaxed and stylish with complimentary tea and coffee making facilities and beer and soft drinks available to purchase. There were 4 iMacs in the lobby and it was free to use them to browse the internet.

The hotel itself is a very convenient mixture of a stylish designer hotel and an apartment building with kitchens in the rooms and the hotels own launderette so staying here sort of makes you feel like you live there.

We had a studio apartment which included a kitchen, a bathroom that was separated by a glass wall from the bedroom. The room was stylish and comfortable, we immediately felt at home. The hotel provided 2 bottles of water and 2 cans of soft drinks on a daily basis which was a nice touch.

The swimming pool is on the 18th floor - the view is breathtaking from there, there are a limited amount of loungers but we never had a problem getting one even though the hotel seemed extremely busy around Christmas. Besides the pool there are separate male and female wellness facilities including sauna, steam room and a large jacuzzi pool - very enjoyable indeed.

The only thing I didn't like was the way breakfast was set up - there are clearly not enough tables in the restaurant which is fine as most hotels have this problem but the hostess at the entrance should coordinate this a bit better - she basically just lets people in and everyone is left on their own devices to find a table which can be a bit frustrating. On Christmas morning it was absolute mayhem, not getting a table for a long time and then there wasn't much to chose from. So breakfast is the only thing the management of the hotel should improve - everything else from the politeness of the staff and the convenience of the rooms is fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna A
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed here 4 days and really liked it. It's new, fresh, beds are super-comfy and the bathroom is great. The staff were friendly and accommodating, breakfast was nice. Overall it was a very positive experience, the only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is that the hotel lacks "personality", atmosphere. It doesn't feel like home and it doesn't feel like a really nice hotel - it's too sterile. But that's completely subjective of course

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2012

checking in - We arrived so late around 1 in the morning but the front desk is way too nice to accommodate us, so checking in was a breeze maybe she knows how exhausted we are for the 4 hours night-flight from MNL to KL.

the room - Getting into the room and seeing how divinely clean is it made us more happy the rooms is new with all the things i need, an ipod dock is a plus and the kitchenette i love it for the room cost that we paid i can say its truly worth it.

the bathroom - i love it perfect for couple esp. for honeymooners, i love their branded toiletries reminds me of new york :)

the breakfast - it was ok though they could still improve adding more choices. i enjoy curry of course.

the staff - they were all accommodating and even give us tips on how to save on fare and minutes in going to places like batu caves and other tourist spot.

the location - its in the city centre a bit back but manageable and walking distance with lots of restos and mall nearby...

all in all if you hate the super expensive 5 stars in the vicinity this is the perfect place for you :)

plus bonus there's a playroom where you can play wii :)

Note : DON'T EXPECT 5 STARS SERVICE SINCE THIS IS MORE OF A SERVICE APARTMENT THAN A LUXURY HOTEL :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple