“Refreshing treatment for sore feet”
Review of Kenko Fish Spa

Kenko Fish Spa
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Way more fun than a pumice stone, let these Dr. Fish gently nibble at your toes, exfoliating your weary feet. Hygienic and wonderfully unique.
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I have visited the Kenko fish spa at Pavilion numerous times whenever I am in KL but this is my first time to write a review for the outlet at Pavilion. It has another outlet in KL located at Mid Valley Mega Mall where I have also visited a few times but I prefer the outlet the Pavilion as it is slightly bigger.

I normally go for the promotion package where it included the foot reflexology, shoulder message and fish spa treatment where for me it is better value for money as I normally go for both foot reflexology and fish spa treatment together. Check with the staff at counter for promotion packages since observed most of the time throughout the year they have some promotion package. Unless you only want to go for the fish spa treatment, then it is not necessary to buy the promotion package.
I would go for the foot message first and end with the fish spa treatment. The foot message in Kenko has unique style which to me is very relaxing and therapeutic massages. I also like the foot reflexology area as it has nice cozy décor atmosphere.

As for the fish spa treatment, I prefer to dip my feet only into the small fish pool as the big fish pool, one can feel the 'bite' or the attacking action by these big fishes your feet !. Dipping both my feet inside the small fish pool, I enjoyed these small fishes tickle my feet as they nimble away the dead skin. But beware if one has wound/cut on their feet or bottom legs as I noticed these fishes will be attracted to any wound/cut.

Over the years, I have noticed that the small fishes are getting bigger and the big fishes are getting 'huge' after many customers feet have feed these fishes. It would be better if the management can change these fishes with new stock as the original small fishes are better where it can easily slip between your toes on your feet and more relaxing experience.

1  Thank bencj88
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

What a magical experience. You can go from teeny weeny little fish to suckers bigger than your big toe (by a long shot). This was a real highlight for me and a destination stop. There were a few concerns; whilst Kenko ask that all participants get into a small pebble-crete bath to wash their feet before dangling them into the fish-filled waters, there seemed little hygiene (no anti-bacterial soaps or liquids) or cleaning of the pebble-crete surface between users; also I noted some people with bandaids hanging off parts of their feet ... and most of all safety was a real issue. I actually slipped over, falling hard on the wooden deck surrounding the multiple oblong-shaped ponds because of water (just from people changing ponds and the water on their feet). They could certainly do with having a person up on the deck level whose job it is to keep the deck surface clear of water. Apart from that I had a ball. The experience was fantastic. You may want to take some ear-plugs to avoid the squealing of young and old men and women alike as the fish suck like crazy on their toes and legs. It was almost like a personal competition not to let out a squeal or a sound and just watch and enjoy. If I had a Kenko Fish Spa close by I would probably go once a week!

1  Thank MaharaniSupreme
Reviewed 20 January 2012

A strange experience, good for a laugh, I'm not too keen on having my toes touched, but the skin feels really good when the fish have finished,,,my companion went 3 times ! loved it

Reviewed 20 January 2012

its fun and a treat to your feet, once you take the initial tickles you are in for a pleasurable experience. very inexpensive

Reviewed 16 January 2012

This place is so much cleaner compared to other fish spa's you would find in the Bukit Bintang area. It is very clean and such a great experience. I did the special package they had which consisted of 30 min fish spa and 10 min neck massage for $58 MYR. As this was the first time i have been to a fish spa i did not know what to expect. The first 10 minutes was enduring as it was very ticklish however after the first 10 minutes it felt good and relaxing. I ended up upgrading to the bigger fish. The feeling is totally different but a great experience to try. This place is a MUST- try for the newbies and those who have already experienced.

2  Thank Sushii_90