Review Highlights
Great way to round off our trip!

Jonathan H

from US$ 18.30
from US$ 29.00
from US$ 47.20
More Info
All reviews market tour recipe book beef rendang cooking experience la zat roti cooking course cookery school great teacher onde onde wet market learning how otak otak learn how step by step mango pudding wontons
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This class was great fun - the ladies running it were so funny and kind, as well as being really informative. Everyone had their own cooking stations, and we did all the cooking ourselves. Would highly recommend this class to anyone. I'd happily go back if I'm ever back in KL. Definitely go hungry!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not my first cooking class, but one of my best. Ana is extremely nice and has an excellent way of teaching you some great techniques and recipes - as well as letting you know how you can substitute ingredients at home. The recipes tasted wonderful and I think that my friends back home will love her 'Beef Rendang'. If I ever go back to KL; I will go again.
We were picked up early in the morning by a very nice mini van. Good driver. And we had breakfast at a local market. Also pretty tasty.

1  Thank Sonne2809
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I’m a bit of a cooking class junkie, and I can honestly say that Ana’s class was one of the best I’ve experienced in my travels! I was fortunate enough to be the only person booked on the day, and Ana was flexible in changing the planned menu to accommodate some dishes I was particularly interested in learning. What a ray of sunshine this woman is!! Not only was she an amazing teacher in the kitchen, she gave great insights into Malay culture, and spoke about her travels around the world. The food was incredible. Mee goreng and beef rendang were the two standouts for me. Go hungry!! And the transfer service was brilliant, professional driver in a spacious and clean vehicle. 10/10 all around!

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

I chose Lazat from reading other tripadvisor reviews and they did not disappoint. Communication was prompt and reliable from start to finish and our pickup was on time. The market tour was very informative and you get to have traditional breakfast of roti canai and tea. We cooked three dishes in a clean and organised premises and ate our lunch afterwards. Our teacher for the day, Saadiah, made us feel very welcome and was full of handy tips and tricks that we can use back home. Thankyou

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent a fantastic day with the team from LaZat on the last day of our holiday. The whole day was fun, informative and really exceeded our expectations.

We were collected from our hotel at 7.30am and taken to a local market to meet our guide and the other three people from our group. We had a delicious vegetarian Indian breakfast in a local cafe (one which we probably wouldn’t have chosen otherwise) and were then given a very detailed market tour, which highlighted some of the spices, vegetables, fruit and other key ingredients used in Malaysian cooking.

Then we went to the LaZat cooking school and had a fantastic lesson on how to make roti canal. We were then taught how to make three other dishes and also shown how to make a dessert. The day finished with us eating our creations with the rest of the group. Throughout the day we were also given an insight into Malaysian culture and the people, which was really interesting and personal. We were given our own recipe book which we could annotate throughout the day too, which will hopefully help jog our memories when we get home!

We were dropped back to our hotel around 4pm, feeling full and happy! The day was definitely worth the £60 each and we would do another course if we were ever to return to KL again.

Thank you to the team!

Reviewed 12 September 2018

The cooking event started with a tour of the local wet market where a lot if information on ingredients/fruit/vegetables and spices was given. We got to know the other participants of the course at a joined breaktfast at the market. Typical Malayan breakfast with tea tarik. Everything was very well organized and the course with our teacher Saadiah (she is so capable and as well entertaining) and the rest of the Lazat cooking was so much fun and I learned a lot. I highly recommend this cooking experience.

1  Thank Pathfinder507457
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

The highlight of my trip to Kuala Lumpur. Ana and her team were excellent teachers. Very approachable and knowledgeable. From the market breakfast and tour to the amazing location of the school with an outside kitchen - everything was perfect.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Recently brought 20 US people to Lazat Cooking Class. Located on a hillside with very nice surrounding. This is my second time here and everything was so professional and well prepared. Owner Anna is a very funny person and even dancing during the class.
Everyone was so enjoyable with the cooking and left with a full stomach of yummy food that they prepared.

2  Thank AlvinHongKong
Reviewed 10 August 2018

The day starts with a market tour and a local breakfast, which is delicious. Our guide was extremely informative and made the tour very fun and interesting - we learnt a lot about the local ingredients that we would be using in our cooking.

In the class itself you make 3 courses - in our class, the instructors made the dessert first while we watched as this would take the longest. We then made the starters and main course ourselves - we all had individual stoves and pans. I've done a lot of cooking courses on my travels and I've found they can vary between the instructor basically doing everything while you chop some ingredients and do a bit of stirring, or you make everything yourself. This was definitely the latter, which I prefer (I don't tend to remember how to do something unless I've actually done it myself). The instructors were very good at explaining everything, and helping if you weren't sure what you were doing. The food all turned out to be very tasty (you eat the starter as you make it and then sit down and eat the main course and dessert later).

The only slight negative would be I didn't really enjoy just watching the dessert being made - I would have preferred to have been involved, so maybe they could do a different recipe. Otherwise it was great, I would highly recommend it!

1  Thank Avwlon
Reviewed 28 July 2018

This was our second visit to Lazat. 6 years ago we did a Malaysian food class that included roti canai. Making roti with the kids was a ton of fun. This time we were back in KL and did a Nonya class. The new location is peaceful and beautiful with roosters, monkeys, and butterflies. The teachers are outstanding. Thank you Ana, Irene, and Tasha. This time we made otek-otek, onde-onde, kacang, chicken curry, and roti jala. Then we ate until we thought we would explode.

1  Thank Kevin M