We had a standard room...small but not a problem as the en suite and window view made it feel bigger. Carpets could do with replacing and the bed had an old biscuit and some (unused) condoms under it, so cleaning standards were not high. The bed was comfortable nevertheless. The location was good for Little India but a longish walk (in the heat) to Masjid Jamek or Bank Negara railway stations, to the Hop-on-hop-off bus stop and to the Puduraya long distance bus terminal. Service was good though not particularly personal...it is a big city hotel after all. The big plus was the great pool....cool, large, refreshing and with interesting views of the city. Felt a bit odd having to ask security staff for pool towels, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silka Maytower, Kuala Lumpur is located in central Kuala Lumpur. The hotel is within walking distance to Merdeka Square, KL Tower, Central Market, Chinatown, the Petronas Twin Towers, Lake Garden and Sogo, making it an ideal base accommodation for exploring Malaysia's most popular tourist attractions, historical, modern and natural sights, shopping, street food, fine dining, and local communities. Silka Maytower Hotel & Serviced Residences enjoys easy access to public transportation with the Masjid Jamek LRT Station and Dang Wangi Monorail being just a 5-minute walk away. With 193 rooms and suites, the hotel provides affordable accommodation for families, business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Ctrip TA so you can book your Silka Maytower Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maytower Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Maytower Hotel Kuala Lumpur