“Great service, Good food, nice ambience... ”
Review of Sassorosso

Sassorosso
Ranked #39 of 4,773 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

After searching for what felt like an endless list of restaurants in KL for our (mine and the miss's) anniversary. I finally settled on Sassorosso, with an Italian flavour in mind.

The location was quite secluded, but that added to the privacy and charm of it all. The place was quiet and ambiance was that of a fine-dining establishment, without the fine dining pricing. We were greeted by the friendly and very attentive staff and were quickly seated and served, with some water and an assortment of bread and other bread stuff . Which were really delicious, to be honest.

We had the eggplant parmigiana and mushroom soup for starters and I had the Black Angus Rib Eye and my girl had the Pan-Fried Sea Bass.

In short, everything was super delicious and very nicely done. Portion was just nice I felt everything was done to perfection, to my taste buds, at least. The steak was slightly over-done but it was still very tender and delicious. My limited "expertise" on steaks can tell that it's of a very good quality beef.

If there's ever a chance, I would definitely return, let alone recommend the place for a special evening.

Everything came to about RM350.00 so it's more to upper casual dining than fine dining pricing at a fine dining quality. Top notch!

Sassorosso, General Manager at Sassorosso, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Norman Prima S,

first of all thank you for your review.
We are happy to hear you and your Wife had a pleasant dinner at Sassorosso and you've enjoyed both the ambiance and the food.
We only use prime quality ingredients for our dishes and our Team is always striving to deliver the best food and service possible, trying at the same time to keep a fair pricing for our Guests.

We are looking forward to see you soon again at Sassorosso, thank you.
Regards

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Came with colleagues for a very pleasant business lunch. We each had the set menu which runs 54 ringgit++. Beef carpaccio with mushrooms was nice but think would be even better if ‘shrooms were sautéed. Also needed a bit more salt. Chicken with ham and cheese and mashed potatoes was also nice if unimaginative but also needed salt. Mini cannoli was yummy. Service was spot on - not rushed and attentive. Worth a try.

Dear Sally B,

thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.
We are happy to hear you've had a good lunch at Sassorosso, our set lunch changes every week
so, if you wish, you can come and try new dishes at a very affordable price.
We are looking forward to your next visit, thank you.

Regards

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Fine Italian cuisine for a special evening. We thoroughly enjoyed our romantic dinner. Professional staff, delicious food and a stunning selection of imported wines. A very charming place. Gladly again!

Dear ntbsvrfd b,

thank you for your kind words.
We are glad to hear you've enjoyed your dinner at Sassorosso, our Team is striving every day to deliver the best food and service possible and reviews like yours is the best reward for us!
We hope to see you soon again at Sassorosso, thank you.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I believe the rating doesn't lie. We had a team's new year dinner at it was quite splendid. Good food and drinks. Some of the food are so so, but generally good food and appetizers. Even the deserts were fantastic. This is a fine dining restaurant so prepared to pay a higher premium. Service is also good.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

It was a great change to dine at a house instead of a typical restaurant in a shopping mall or a hotel. Pleasant surprised too that the reviews were rather accurate which was how I chose to dine with my husband on the last night in Kuala Lumpur. Food was just so good - especially the Italian dishes which is not a surprise since this is an Italian restaurant. I would order all Italian dishes the next time I come here for sure. Burrata was superb and fresh and Gnocchi was yummy. Can’t say that about the Angus Rib Eye Steak though - pricey and nothing spectacular hence my recommendation to stick to Italian dishes which both my husband and I enjoyed so much. Not sure I would recommend Mille Fueille for dessert as well. Guess that’s a French dessert hence they didn’t do a good job with that with the very hard pastry. Stick to their Italian dishes! Overall it was still a good restaurant though a bit pricey. Will definitely be back again!