“Nice set lunch menu”

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Came with colleagues for a very pleasant business lunch. We each had the set menu which runs 54 ringgit++. Beef carpaccio with mushrooms was nice but think would be even better if ‘shrooms were sautéed. Also needed a bit more salt. Chicken with ham and cheese and mashed potatoes was also nice if unimaginative but also needed salt. Mini cannoli was yummy. Service was spot on - not rushed and attentive. Worth a try.

Sassorosso, General Manager at Sassorosso, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Sally B,

thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.
We are happy to hear you've had a good lunch at Sassorosso, our set lunch changes every week
so, if you wish, you can come and try new dishes at a very affordable price.
We are looking forward to your next visit, thank you.

Regards

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Fine Italian cuisine for a special evening. We thoroughly enjoyed our romantic dinner. Professional staff, delicious food and a stunning selection of imported wines. A very charming place. Gladly again!

Dear ntbsvrfd b,

thank you for your kind words.
We are glad to hear you've enjoyed your dinner at Sassorosso, our Team is striving every day to deliver the best food and service possible and reviews like yours is the best reward for us!
We hope to see you soon again at Sassorosso, thank you.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I believe the rating doesn't lie. We had a team's new year dinner at it was quite splendid. Good food and drinks. Some of the food are so so, but generally good food and appetizers. Even the deserts were fantastic. This is a fine dining restaurant so prepared to pay a higher premium. Service is also good.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

It was a great change to dine at a house instead of a typical restaurant in a shopping mall or a hotel. Pleasant surprised too that the reviews were rather accurate which was how I chose to dine with my husband on the last night in Kuala Lumpur. Food was just so good - especially the Italian dishes which is not a surprise since this is an Italian restaurant. I would order all Italian dishes the next time I come here for sure. Burrata was superb and fresh and Gnocchi was yummy. Can’t say that about the Angus Rib Eye Steak though - pricey and nothing spectacular hence my recommendation to stick to Italian dishes which both my husband and I enjoyed so much. Not sure I would recommend Mille Fueille for dessert as well. Guess that’s a French dessert hence they didn’t do a good job with that with the very hard pastry. Stick to their Italian dishes! Overall it was still a good restaurant though a bit pricey. Will definitely be back again!

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

We ordered mushrooms rissoto and a seafood pasta with tomato base. I love it both. The seafood was fresh and the rissoto was good too.
Ambience was great but is not so baby friendly. I will not bring my baby for the next visit.
Service was ok. Waiters were helpful and tried to be chatty.
The manager however was not so friendly. I asked for recommendation and he was not so willing to help. But he was accommodating.
I will definitely return again but not with babies.
This will probly be my second best place for Italian food.

Sassorosso, Direttore generale at Sassorosso, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear JannChia,

first of all thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and for your beautiful pictures of the food.
We are happy to hear you loved the dishes you've ordered and we are sorry if some of the staff seemed not so friendly to you, it might have been due to the high volume of customer during our Christmas Lunch considering the restaurant was fully booked.
We always try to give the best service and all the attention possible to all of our Guests.
We hope to see you again soon at Sassorosso and become your first best place for Italian food!
Thank you again, regards.