“Would stay here again”

Ranked #73 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Mildura, Australia
“Would stay here again”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We got a really good price on this hotel through the Internet and felt a little overwhelmed on arrival at the amazing service and grandness! The room was fantastic, big and clean and tasteful. We really enjoyed the room, the helpfulness of the staff, and the location in Bukit Bintang is perfect.
The only down side was on our first night we were located opposite a night club which had loud music going until all hours - luckily it was closed on the second night! It didn't seem that the hotel had double glazed windows, felt like the music was coming from within the room!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeborahMildura
, Director of Sales at ANSA Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you've enjoyed your room stay with us. Yes, I agree with you on the location. It is smack in between with shopping malls, eateries and night life.

It is nice of you to comment on our staff being helpful. We strive to improve all departments’ guest relation service.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the future.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The promoted free wifi internet was only restored after a second, serious complaint at the front desk. The pre-booked non-smoking room was stinking from intense cigarette smoke, even it was located on a non-smoking floor.. The room was run-down even we booked an Exececutive Room at a surcharge. No American breakfast included in the room rate as only overpriced continental breakfsast on won expenses was available. The main entrance area is extremly dark and in some corners unused tables and chairs wer piled up. Overall no value for money. Won't return or recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rudolf R
, General Manager at ANSA Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear Mr. Rudolf,

Greetings from Piccolo Hotel, Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your recent stay with us from 18th till 20th June 2012 and for taking the time to write on our guest survey form.

Your comments and suggestion raised are both extremely valuable and necessary in our efforts to improve our service standards and anticipating guests’ needs and expectation. I have personally requested our IT Manager to check on the IT connectivity of the floor that you stayed in.

In the meantime, we have taken note on your other concerned and apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused you during your stay with us.

Please do not let this experience dampen your future stay with us during your next vacation.

Thank you.
With my best personal regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed in the executive room, on level eight. Very clean and nicely decorated room. Open concept sink, rain shower in the bathroom, toilet bowl is separate from shower area. The wifi is really good, thumbs up! Philips kettle and hair dryer. Well equipped and well maintained hotel room. Easily accessible to pavilion, lot10, sungai Wang, star hill gallery, fahreheit88! The room door is not sound proof, could hear chattering sounds at night.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing a good review. I am happy that your stay with us went well.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the future.
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My family of four (2 adults, 2 small children) stayed at Piccolo Hotel last Nov 2011. We liked the location very much. It was very near Pavilion Mall. Even our hotel room had a view of Pavilion Mall.

Room was clean. Excellent service from staff. Concierge helped us in getting a taxi going to the airport.

At the basement of Pavilion Mall, we enjoyed the food at the food court, bakery, coffee shop, Mercato grocery store. They also have foreign exchange services and a pharmacy at the ground floor.

Taxis are just waiting outside the hotel. Although, most taxi drivers will negotiate a price higher than the metered fare.

We went to Berjaya Times Square Theme Park. The children loved all the rides especially the bump cars.

We also went to Petronas Towers, Atmosphere 360 for buffet lunch, Aquaria KLCC.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. Yes, I agree with you on the location. It is all walking distance to the malls and eatery places. Also happy to hear that your room stay with your family was an ejoyable one.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you and your family back in the future.
Edmonton,Alberta
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed at the Piccolo Hotel for 4 nights as part of a long tour of SE Asia. I booked it online after reading reviews.
The hotel lobby is very cool and airy though it got quite noisy in the evening. The room I booked (superior) was smallish but came with trendy lighting, nice bedding and interesting lighting, as well as a very nice, big, bathroom. Lots of street noise penetrates the room, so beware of that if you are a light sleeper.
The cafe near the lobby is a decent place for breakfast.
Probably the best feature of the Piccolo is location, as it is smack in the heart of the shopping malls of Bukit Bintang. Literally there is 1/2 dozen malls within a 2 block radius. The monorail is also 1 block away.
Service in the hotel was mainly just ok, and not particularly welcoming.
The big "but" about staying in the Piccolo was that I was completely ripped off by a taxi driver when I left the hotel to fly out. I was leaving at 4:30 am to catch a flight, so I foolishly asked the bellman what a reasonable price to the airport would be by taxi. Little did I know that he would tell me $MYR90, and then proceed to tell the taxi driver (who had been sleeping outside) to charge me that much. Even not speaking Malay, I could tell what was going on. I demanded that the driver put on the meter, which he did. So, he proceeded to drive around Putrajaya before reaching the airport, in an effort to max-out the meter. Even then it only got to $70, but he demanded $90 anyway. In hindsight I should have challenged him more than I did but I was already worried about missing my flight due to the long ride. The Piccolo is at least partly responsible for this, as it is their employee who conspired with a taxi driver to rip off their guest. I can't imagine that I was the first guest to face this.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo