“Love this hotel”

Ranked #14 of 303 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
New Jersey
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I have stayed here many times so needless to say this is one of my favorite hotels in the conveniently located Kyobashi area. I especially enjoy the larger upgraded rooms. The hotel lobby is quite large and impressive. Service here is top rate. The breakfast buffet is available both western and Japanese style. The hotel is within walking distance of the busy Kyobashi railroad station and well as the Osaka Business Park (OBP). You are also within walking distance to Osaka castle.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I stayed here on a business trip due to it's proximity to my client. I found the service to be overall fairly poor. The pretty young 'bell caps' make a show of bringing your luggage to your room, but offer no assistance on your way out. The front desk and 'new otani club' are very unfriendly. The buffet breakfast is so-so, with a reasonable selection of Japanese and western food, but none of it particularly good. Very little fresh fruit, juices from minute maid, no coffee refills, etc. The best thing about the hotel is it's location, which is convenient to some businesses and close to the Osaka castle. If I had to stay in this area again, I would probable try the hotel across the street.

Room Tip: Castle view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Is_That_So_Wrong
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We recently stayed here for four nights. I thought the location was not bad, you are near the Osaka Castle and a train station which is close by.

Unfortunately on our way to Osaka, we got stuck in Tokyo due to issues with our plane that were out of our control. The hotel refused to refund me the money I lost for that one evening we didn't even stay there.

When we checked in I asked to make sure we were given a deluxe room we requested (non-smoking). They put us in a room that was very nice but smelled horribly of smoke. When I went to the front desk to say I had requested specifically a non-smoking room they said they didn't have any on the deluxe levels only standard levels. I asked the difference between the rooms, which didn't seem like much on paper (so we went with it- better to be in a non-smoking room) - but in reality the difference between standard and deluxe was ridiculous! The rooms were totally different, different layout, different beds, no amenities, no room safe - no nothing. Again when I went to the front desk to discuss it they said they only had smoking deluxe rooms available and they would not refund the difference in price from the deluxe to standard because I had paid in full on hotels.com.

On a side note wi-fi is only available in the lobby area and not in your room.

I would not recommend this hotel. I will not stay here again, and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone who is used to the normally very high level of Japanese hospitality that I received at all the other places I stayed while in Japan. Very, very disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank travelgirl02135
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Stopped here on way to Kyoto, the location was very good. Easy access from Train from airport, the gardens, tourist spots, shopping and restaurants were all in easy reach. Nice quiet area. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and pleasant. No complaints. If a night stay in Osaka were needed, would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Global Nomad I
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay here. From entering the hotel to leaving the service we received was excellent. We paid extra for a high floor gold key room with view of the castle. It was well worth paying extra for the view and room size we got. The rate we got on Orbitz was reasonable for the room we chose.

Having a deluxe room meant we received a welcome hot drink, coffee, tea etc. We could get 50% off drinks in the lobby bar. There is also the option of a morning drink delivered to your room. As we were on holiday and not a business traveler we thought the timings of this service was restrictive, between 6 and 8am, you have to place your order before 12 midnight the night before. We only used this once. There are a few other extras. To be honest it was worth it for the bigger room. We had a large room on the 15th floor. King bed, desk, corner settee/seating area, good sized wardrobe and great views of Osaka Castle.

The hotel is close to a JR station, Osakajokoen, maybe 5 minutes walk, although the station has some steps you have to negotiate, which could prove tricky if you have lots of luggage. Plenty of shops about, especially near to the Panasonic building and on the walk up to Kyobashi.

Enjoyed staying here and would consider staying again, there are a few points I would consider. The hotel is reasonable to stay but quite expensive for things once there. I thought room service prices were expensive as were drinks at the bar. I would also expect a club lounge for the deluxe floor rooms. This would be in keeping with other hotels in the same category.

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe room with views of Osaka Castle and park.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple