Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka
Ikenoya(Osaka)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
1,044 results
All reviewswasher dryerone bedroom apartmentserviced apartmentnamba stationippudo ramenliving roomspanish restaurantkansai airportmini kitchencable tvguest loungesmall kitchenettewalk in wardrobedvd playerexcellent locationhome away from homewalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The average score speaks for itself, so I'll focus on tips instead.

Location: if you wish to go by cab (because luggage or whatever) consider landing in Itami (Itami is upgrading now though) as it is nearer than Kansai. Less than half an hour, and about 6500yen.

Though the hotel is opposite Nankai (labelled Namba on Google maps) Railway station, for sightseeing you'll probably use Namba station which has like a million lines running through it lol.

Elderly friendly tips: I believe the closest exit is no.5 which is a couple of minutes away, but escalator is upriding only. For downriding, walk further north? Past Marui and go down at the pachinko place (but there is a short flight of steps). I haven't found a fully barrier free exit.

Taxi: Recep says you can stop taxis at the small one way road but if you don't fancy hanging abt, the nearest taxi stand is at Takashimaya, beside Exit 5. Apparently you board the third taxi in the queue. Who knows what logic this is.

The amenities are all there, though there is no rice cooker (lol) but we got by. There's a lot of food around. For Muslims, there's a really nice restaurant about 10 mins away, called Vitti's. They have a good variety and it's decent quality. They also open at 8am, so it's useful if you plan.on having breakfast though they don't have a lot of breakfasty foods.

I have heard the breakfast here is disappointing but they do give you 2 other choices in the vicinity.

Housekeeping is from 10 to 230 and they do an excellent job. Water is replenished daily (I wouldn't have minded though, I hate drinking from plastic bottles but at least Japan recycles them). If you walk in on them, they're super friendly and will let you come in to use the loo or whatever.

The staff speak English, although they are more comfortable using Japanese (I didn't think my accent is that strong but when they don't understand I'll just give up and use Japanese and their relieved looks are adorable). They're generally courteous, though not everyone will go out of their way to greet you or acknowledge you, but that's fine.

They helped me make arrangements to courier my luggage to my next stop.

The best part is that they introduced me to Malin+Goetz toiletries which are AMAZING. I have eczema and do badly in spring, but this has saved me. Even my regular stuff isn't working.

A last piece of feedback my friend gave is that the music player isn't updated but I really don't care lol.

They provide iron, ironing board, and laundry detergent so everything is really ready for you to settle in. Some pots and pans were a bit stained but I have my own so I didn't mind. You can get fresh produce from Takashimaya's basement and if you need household goods just stroll down to Daiso 5 mins away.

I am totally coming back, this place is perfect. I really love this serviced residence, there's nothing to complain about.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Azusa H
Eun C, Guest Relations Manager at Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Azusa H,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us, and taking your precious time to share your feedback.
We are so glad to hear that the facilities and services met your expectations.
We look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you back in future.

Miki Kamimura
Client Relations Executive

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

With 2 growing boys who need their own room but still too young to be by themselves, the residence was perfect. We got the executive suite with 2 bedrooms. The size was great. Larger than a lot of other hotels and amenities were excellent. The front desk staff was also accommodating and efficient. They anticipated all our needs including the need to have some use of the facilities as our flight was late in the night of the day of checkout. Conveniently situated in Namba it was just a stone throw away from Dotonburi and all the nightlife you will ever want.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Eun C, Guest Relations Manager at Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Kar W,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us, and taking your precious time to share your experiences.

With kind regards,

Eun Choi
Senior Client Relations Executive

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was next to Namba station (5 mins walk) and it was very easy to get around. Right in front of the hotel is a VERY busy road so if you would like to catch a cab, or if you would like your cab to pull over in front of the hotel, it was not the most convenient spot. We cabbed from Osaka station and had to drag our luggage from around the corner of the hotel because the road where the location was located was way too busy for the cab driver to pull over (or he wasn't allowed to.. unfortunately we were not sure what he was saying exactly).

Check-in was efficient. The concierge staff helpfully provided us with clear information in relation to breakfast, how to get around, where is the closest supermarket, which was extremely helpful.

Breakfasts were included. The breakfast spots were located off-site - few minutes walk from the hotel inside Namba station. Upon check-in, the concierge provided us with a map with pictures to guide their guests to the breakfast spots which was really thoughtful. The hotel had (considerately) provided their guests with 2 options. One was inside a Japanese fusion cafe, which provided the options of western and Japanese-style breakfast sets (a few choices for each style). The other option was for those on a rush - a bakery with a a few seats and where each breakfast coupon entitled guests to 3 (which was a lot) bread-rolls (not sandwiches which were also available) of choice plus a drink. Food at both spots were not exceptional (especially by Osaka standards) but definitely edible.

I have left the room till last because despite all of the above because I was extremely disappointed and disgusted. After we opened the door of our hotel room and before we even stepped inside, we smelt a strong, manly odour which reminded us of someone's armpit post-sports (!!!). It was disgusting. We arrived late, and we did not request for a room change that night - we were hoping that the air purifier inside the room and the aromatic room spray we brought along would clear up the air after some time. NO. NOT AT ALL. Neither helped. That smell lasted through the night and understandably we did not have a good sleep smelling an odor that reminded us of the smell of sweaty armpit. It is unfathomable that a hotel would even dare offer such a disgusting room to any of their guests.

The next morning on the way out, I made a complaint at the front desk about the odor and requested them to either get rid of the odor or get us another room. The lady stared blankly at me for a bit before asking "would it help if I open the windows". I don't know nor do I care. Why would you even ask a guest that question. I was not there to solve a problem (which shouldn't had existed in the first place) - I was a guest of the hotel. Just get rid of the problem please and if you couldn't or you weren't sure whether you could, I even provided you with an alternative - move us into another room. I was quite taken back at the response and I quietly reiterated that I would like the odor gone and maybe they should check with their housekeeping how best to do that.

When I was back at night after dinner, the odor was still there but they had definitely done something about it as the intensity decreased by 40-50%, yet STILL very noticeably (and I was having a cold). The odor itself made the stay super unpleasant.

I was even worried that the awful smell would get into my coats, clothes or hair after being exposed to it for so many hours, and of course it did, but luckily I managed to get rid of it after putting everything through the washing machine and taking the coats to the dry cleaner.

The room was small, but this is a comment that apply generally to most hotels in Osaka. There was a kitchenette but given the odor and since there was no where to sit and eat properly, we didn't bother cooking. The hotel provides 2 bottles of water in the room. The beds weren't comfortable but at least it was hard enough to support the spine.

In terms of cleanliness I would say this place was below average especially by Japanese standards. I found hair on the bath tower on my first night and also hair in the bath tub. Not an hygiene issue but awful still. There was also a thin layer of dust on the alarm clock between the beds. I didn't feel that the blanket was clean - possibly due to the fact that it wasn't properly covered by the duvet and I could see how dirty it was inside ><

Wifi wasn't too strong - our wifi egg provided much greater speed.

Overall, it was a relief to be checking out of the hotel and I would not recommend this residence to anyone despite its excellent location and relatively friendly pricing.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ctws
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

As many reviewers have stated this place is centrally located and near Namba station making it easy to take trains to Kansai airport. However, as we came from Kyoto, it took us a bit of time to locate the place since we arrived via Midosuji line. So make sure you do a bit of research which exit to go to if arriving from Kyoto.

Room wise, it is slightly bigger than the standard Japanese hotel. It has washing machine plus dryer (two in one) which is a big plus for us. The machine has two doors so make sure you close both doors. (Doors are magnetically attached). We were having having problem initially as it kept giving an error message.

Overall, a good place to stay especially if you are into apartment rather than hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Eun C, Front Office Manager at Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear JWong2014

With Kind regards,

Eun Choi
Senior Client Relations Executive

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the one bedroom apartment. We love the room, washing machine and complete amenities (they even provide pajamas!).

Breakfast was also very good at the hotel’s small cafe downstairs. Not too much selection like the usual breakfast buffet but it is just right. They have a very very delicious milk bun/ bread that we almost can’t stop enjoying.

Location is also superb, right across the Namba station, with convenience stores around and good restaurants (Ippudo ramen, Yoshinoya, McD, etc just in front of your doorstep).

Dontonbori area is 10-15 minutes walk from Fraser. Would love to visit and stay here again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Eun C, Guest Relations Manager at Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear sutanwen