Hotel Brighton City Osaka Kitahama
Hilton Osaka(Osaka)
US$ 270
US$ 234
  • Restaurant
RIHGA Royal Hotel Osaka(Osaka)
US$ 185
US$ 93
  • Pool
All reviewskitahama stationbusiness districtfresco supermarketlunch boxsakaisuji linesubway mapbrown lineminute walkquiet arealaundry machinesmodern hotelconvenience storenice bathroomcome homejapanese standardsbath and showermos burger
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I am willing to go as far to say Brighton City Osaka Kitahama Hotel had the best hotel room I have ever stayed in - including other hotels that I've paid 5 times the price as I did staying here. The shower head gave just the right flow and pressure that was to die for. (Did that sound dirty like one of those 'That's what she said' jokes? I didn't mean... nevermind... moving on.) I even secretly wish that my dream houses' bedroom looked as good as this hotel's room. Minus the slightly perv-y shower window. The basic guest room's entrance is a hardwood hallway which hides a large doubled door closet that lead into the carpeted bedroom. The bathroom was a posh glass and tiled two-roomed type deal that was dreamy enough to belong in a home decor magazine.

For my purposes, this would have been a perfect 5 out 5 stars if it wasn't sort of far and removed from the more tourist-y areas. (I feel slightly ashamed right now as I have just declared that I traveled with a tourist's purpose.) As a business hotel (which it is) you simple cannot ask for more because this hotel is clearly in a business-y side of town.

Yes, Kitahama station is a convenient skip and a hop away and it has a 7-11 facing the front door of the hotel (which is always a plus for me. love the convenience stories) and the area surrounding it is nice and quiet at nigh. However, maybe is just really not that much going on in Osaka or I didn't know what the heck I was doing there causing me to find the hotel location boring. Most destinations I visited required train switches which isn't a fault of the hotel directly but I am just pointing out that isn't ideal.

If you don't mind a slower pace of traveling (compared to the pace of Tokyo) then I highly recommend this place. I got a great feel of the local daily life seeing all the workers in their suits every morning & night and it was a nice break from all the uber-popular areas I was hitting up. If you are short on time and you want to be in the heart and action of Osaka, then I would look elsewhere.

PS, FYI: There is a great little takoyaki shop a few blocks behind the hotel and even when I asked to order take-out (didn't want to sit in because it was getting to be really late), the chef himself brought out a cup of hot tea for me while I was waiting in the cold even though I was really outside to enjoy that lovely mural he had on one side of his shop.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank recompose
Reviewed 15 November 2011

The staff are very helpful. The hotel is right around the subway entrance. The bathroom is new and very well designed. Great value for the price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank hannambox
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed here for 5 days on a business trip to Osaka.

Overall, the hotel is pretty good in terms of cleanliness and well-designed bedrooms. As other reviewers have mentioned, the bathroom is superbly designed. The shower is just gorgeous with a triple-head strong spray really helping to wake me up in the morning.

Only downside is that its about 10 mins by cab from Dotonburi (loads of excellent restaurants and shops) and Shinsaibashi, but I was here on business and it was right near where I was working so it was ok for me.

Worth noting - the breakfast here is overpriced and not great. You get a ball of scrambled eggs and some salad and some small slices of bread for 500 yen. Dont get that, instead grab something from 7-11 across the road, much better.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank christocar
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The hotel is only 1 minute walk from the Kitahama station, which is about 2-3 stops from Namba -- shopping center area. The location is not that bad, considering far away from the condense shopping area. There are 2 convenient stores, next to the hotel building. And there is one shopping mall just next to the subway entrance. So, it's not that kind of isolated as I thought before.

The room is modern, new, and clean. Though the size is about the typical Japanese style, the layout and design give you some more spaces than others. The bathroom is also nice and clean. With the bathtub, see-through window, and the large shower head, give us more pleasant using the bathroom.

We stayed in a double bed room. The bed is placed closed to each other, with no space between. So, it is good for a family, but may not good for the two who want more private.
The amenities and room facilities are good quality.

If you get a good deal, this is a good choice to stay in Osaka.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2011

The hotel is situated within about 150-250 metres of Kitahama so it's easy enough to get to with your bags or packs.
I booked this hotel last minute and got a pretty good deal for a twin room and stayed one night.
We weren't able to check in before 3 but the staff took our bags whilst we went for something to eat. On return our bags were already in our room which was immaculate. Only thing I would say, and it's already been mentioned in the reviews, was our twin beds were right up against each other.....no space at all between them (photo's attached). This would be fine if I was staying with my girlfriend but not with my friend. No Wi-Fi in the hotel but there is a LAN connection with free internet. We were running half an hour late on check-out and got 2 phone calls hurrying us out which just seemed to spoil our stay. I appreciate that they have rooms to clean but not being able to check in an hour early and being hassled when half an hour late, expect this hotel to work the rule book to the letter.

Room Tip: Twin room had beds pushed together - more like a double bed.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends