US$ 212
US$ 107
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 152/night.

US$ 220
US$ 195
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 290/night.

US$ 143
US$ 95
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 152/night.

US$ 228
US$ 162
Priceline
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 233/night.

Kyoto Itoya Hotel(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
US$ 109
US$ 92
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 131/night.

US$ 243
US$ 139
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 193/night.

Hotel Monterey Kyoto(Nakagyo)(Great Value!)
US$ 141
US$ 87
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 128/night.

US$ 231
US$ 149
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 215/night.

US$ 197
US$ 62
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 135/night.

US$ 139
US$ 101
Priceline
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 167/night.

All reviewsaeon mallbus stophachijo exitday passa short minute walktourist spotspublic bathnice hotelvending machinejr stationbasic amenitiesturn righthotel is locatedconvenience storeeasy accessthe ground floorpublic transport
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located close to kyoto station (350 m, 5 min walk), there is a bus stop just in front of the door of the hotel. The basic first price room we took was really very small. The breakfast isn’t so bad, but is quite basic. There is wifi capability.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sbouquet
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We stayed at this hotel for almost a week on our first-ever trip to Japan. We really liked it overall, and especially appreciated the friendly staff. Here are a few things we wish we had known. Although this hotel is within walking distance of Kyoto South Station, it is at least a 15 minute walk into a nondescript residential neighborhood. There are many hotels closer to the station, although they are bigger and (I suspect) more expensive. I think we got a pretty good value with this hotel based on others I looked at, but do consider whether you need to be closer to the action. Secondly, Westerners need to be prepared for the small size of Japanese hotel rooms and bathrooms. Get a room with 2 beds-- the rooms with 1 bed are microscopic! The 2 bed rooms are quite comfy and also have more space to hang your things. Finally, do experiment with the unfamiliar breakfast items. Sticky rice with miso soup, pickled cabbage and tofu aren't typical western breakfast foods, but they are actually quite nutritious and tasty! This hotel also tries to cater to westerners by including cereal and milk. And the fruit was consistently outstanding. One more thing, when you are leaving for the day, ask the hotel staff to write your destination(s) in Japanese on a slip of paper. So much easier to communicate with cab drivers, bus drivers, etc!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Snarth
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Our double room we had was very small. Not much hanging space on wall and had to ask for more hangers. Room was very musty smelling, when the aircon had been off for the day when you entered the room it was not nice. Aircon was also very loud. Bed was very hard and the pillows were terrible. Maybe a Japanese thing (although not found elsewhere) but they seemed solid on one side.
Near Kyoto train station but not really near most of the attractions we wanted to visit unfortunately.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Basing this on as a single traveler.

I arrived from Tokyo & saw a bunch of sites before getting to my hotel.
It was late, at least later than I guess a normal check-in time.
I didn't get to my hotel until 9pm, but when I arrived, I gave them my information, and they welcomed me and gave me my key.
They went over all the things that hotel provides. Times of the onson, the rules for using it, WiFi password, etc.
Their knowledge of English was very good and spoke it pretty well.

Now for the room. In my opinion it is large for a single because my other single in Tokyo was small, compared to this. Plenty of room, small bar fridge, nice size bed, decent size desk, and a very clean/ nice room.

Note. You'll have to put the key into the slot to turn on the electricity in your room.
Also, you'll have to give them your key when you're going out anywhere, just so as you don't lose your keys along your travels. (no biggy)
If you're out past 12 midnight, make sure to get the pass code for the entrance doors to get into the hotel. Second set of doors will be locked & you need this to get in, if not, you'll have to buzz in. You can get this code (changes every day) from the front desk. (again a no biggy)

When I was checking out, I had a few places I wanted to check before heading back to Tokyo.
I asked if they could hold my bags for me & they kindly did, (they'll give you a key tag number, which you'll give to them upon return).
Things ran later than expected because of a bad rain storm that rolled thru that afternoon, but when I got back, I handed them the key tag, they brought out my bag for me, thanked me for staying, and wishing me a good day. Incredible service!
And no charge for holding my bags. WOW!

They made my stay a very awesome experience & if I'm back in Kyoto, this will be the first hotel on my list that I'll be booking.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

2 nights/3days Kyoto. Quiet,clean & comfortable Microtel. Extremely friendly & helpful staff. Some reserved parking about half block away.
Near train station & bus depot - easy access to all town areas.
Paid breakfast ...didn't utilize.
Note - these are not spacious rooms but very efficient, well maintained, and exceptionally clean. A great minimalist stay!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family