“Great coffee and cake (and the latte art IS awesome)”

Ogawa Coffee Kyoto Sanjo
Ranked #22 of 1,121 Coffee & Tea in Kyoto
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 7 January 2017

We also go here every time we visit Kyoto. You're guaranteed a decent cup of coffee and very good service. The latte art is, as noted, really decent (we got some cool Hallowe'en designs when we last visited). The cakes are also really nice, so overall this is definitely recommended.

1  Thank Penfoldio

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Yes props for latte art.. Very nice.. BUT I NEED CAFFEINE.. And these guys deliver the goods.. Serious western (read Australian style) espresso with all the familiars, latte, short Machiatto etc.. Great service with a magnificent Japanese perfection for every shot pulled.. If hand pour or cold drip is your gig, they've got that too.. Thank you Ogawa Coffee-San

1  Thank jess j
Reviewed 10 July 2016

I went to Ogawa on a hot, humid summer day during a walk along Takasegawa river. It was very nice to drink high-quality coffee that is quite different from Starbucks stereotypes. I enjoyed it and the room was cool and comfortable.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

I love Ogawa! I go there every time I am in Kyoto. The reason for this is not just that they make excellent coffee, but also that the latte art is amazing.

When I order a cappucino, I await with anticipation and I've never been disappointed. The cup has come out with flowers, hearts, ferns, a rabbit and a cute little boy etched in the foam. It's a really great place to take a break when sightseeing and the staff are lovely.

Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

Visited for a coffee and a small dessert.
We tried the house blend organic hand drip coffee. It was super smooth and flavourful without the acidic aftertaste.
Later, i added some milk to it and enjoyed the same flavour but with a creamier taste and texture. Highly recommended!