All reviewssukiyakistyle roomgolden pavilionkaiseki dinnertatami matsmetro stationonsenbathtaxilobbycherry
Reviewed 26 April 2017

This is not a true ryokan. Located North west of Tokyo. First and only metro station is quite far. The lobby gives a good 1st impression with its garden, but that's about it. The whole hotel is in dire need of an update. The public hot bath in the basement is not very inviting. The hotel wifi does not work in the rooms, only in the lobby. Don't bother taking the breakfast/dinner option, the quality is very disappointing. Nice personnel, that do their best, considering the situation of the hotel. The price per night is too high to be justified. We stayed in a TRUE ryokan just before in Gion, for roughly the same price per night, amazibg food quality and an above and beyond service.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank denisbenny
Reviewed 18 April 2017

As I have tattoos, I chose a ryokan to stay in based off the grounds and the meals as opposed to the onsen. The photos of the garden at Ryokan Nenrinbo looked gorgeous and I was looking forward to walking around in it. Unfortunately, the garden was closed for maintenance. Without the garden and onsen, the only places on the property I could visit were the dining room, the lobby and my room. Honestly, if I had known the garden was inaccessible I wouldn't have stayed here.

The kaiseki dinner was delicious and all the staff very polite.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Hayley K
Reviewed 30 March 2017

The room is clean but probably has seen better days. The bathroom has been recently renovated and very modern and clean. The temperature control in the room was difficult and the air conditioner made a constant buzz throughout the night. Meals were delightful, both dinner and breakfast, and servers were attentive throughout. The safe was not working and locked when we arrived. The towels were limited but I'm certain we could have more if we have asked for them. Overall, would have been 4 stars if not for the air-con and distance we needed to travel (by bus).

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chin71
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Excellent service by the owner himself. Good onsen bath and magnificent food. I really enjoyed the service. The room perfect, wonderful tatami floor and a small bathtub on the terrace. Pickup-service from the metro station very convenient.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2017

If u r looking for luxury fancy style room, this hotel may not be for you. If you want to relax, feel like staying at home, then I would recommend u this lovely hotel.
The staffs are very helpful. I forgot my cell phone in the taxi and the staff helped me get it within minutes.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends