“super good service by the staff of hotel Nenrinbo”
Review of Hotel Nenrinbo

Hotel Nenrinbo
Ranked #112 of 407 Hotels / Ryokan in Kyoto
Reviewed 6 January 2016

we was greet by well spoken staff upon our arrival
rooms was clean and comfy as well as onsen at the hotel
one of our family member caught a virus one night before we check out and after we made a call to enquired for doctor one of the manager rush up to understand the situaltion and offer and waited with them at the hospital through out the consultation session and send them back to the hotel
the best thing is they arranged transport us to Kyoto JR station without being asked from us.
well done and a big thank you for all the excellent services during our stays

Room Tip: clean and comfy
Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
nenrinbo_kyoto, お客様担当マネージャー at Hotel Nenrinbo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Dear mindyler,

First, we thank you very much for staying with us several days ago and taking time to write your comments in this review. 2nd, we are sorry that one of your friend got sick on the day leaving. We hope that he recovered quickly and enjoyed the rest of your trip.

As we are in the beginning of New Year, we wish all of you will have a joyful year in 2016.

Nagasawa at Nenrinbo

Reviewed 4 January 2016

First time at a ryokan and kyoto. Some may find the place a bit out of the way but it is great as it is away from the "mad" tourist crowds and peaceful. The hotel has a daily shuttle to take you to the town. The hotel staff are also great in suggesting options on transport and sights to visit and always helpful. Very detailed in the explanation. Thank you Nagasawa-san for your kind assistance.

We checked out at 10am and hotel has a service to bring our bags to the train station as such we were free to further explore Kyoto.

The dinner and breakfast was overwhelming in variety. We were "bursting" at the end of the meal.

The room and amenities were all good.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Panda6551

Dear CCS2016

Thank you very much for staying with us several days ago and taking time to write your comments in this review. We appreciate all of your words about our hotel and our staff. As you stated, we are a bit out side of city with hope that our guests enjoy being away form crowd. We are so glad to hear your experience here was great.

As being in the beginning of a year, we wish you will have a happy and joyful year in 2016.

Nagasawa at Nenrinbo

Reviewed 4 December 2015

This Hotel has free shuttle bus and the driver was very nice he speak English fluently. The map they give you for the bus pick up point is kinda old, there is no McDonalds across the street anymore, it's better wait in front of Otani university

We enjoy our stay at the hotel the scenery was nice and the food was very delicious, both breakfast and dinner.

An only problem was a lost of money, 10,000 yen.

For this hotel, you pay at check-out not check-in. On the day of my arrival I thought that I might have to pay at check-in so I provide the money beforehand but it turn out to be at check-out. So I went to my room and put my stuffs down also the money for the room booking, rested for a while and go out for dinner.

It was my fault that I laid around valuable stuff on the table because I didn't know that the hotel assistant will came in and did the bed preparation. When I went back up I saw that my stuff such as back-pack and table were put aside for the bed and the money was still on the table, folded as I left it.

It was my fault again that I didn't count it. I saw that it was on the same position as I left it so may be they won't touched it and I highly trust Japanese people for this kind of stuff but guess I might be wrong.

I check-out the next day and just found out that I lost 10,000 yen out of the full amount of payment for the hotel room. I informed them about this issue but it seem like they can't do anything about it. Also I have to got on the hotel shuttle bus and people were waiting, so I have to just let it go. I know that I was too careless but still it was kind of upsetting.

In consumption just don't lay around your valuable thing and keep your luggage lock even the hotel seem to be very credence.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
nenrinbo_kyoto, お客様担当マネージャー at Hotel Nenrinbo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

Dear koii48,

First of all, we thank you very much for staying with us.

With regards to money you lost, we truly believe we have no staffs would take guest belongings. I do not mean we do not believe your words. After you left, we searched the room you stayed, and did not find anything left behind. It was perhaps our fault that we did not recommend you to use the security box in room at time of checking-in for the sake of our guests and us. By your comments in this review, we learned what to recommend to be better service for our guests and I sincerely appreciate your words.

I also thank you for pointing out about McDonald being closed. We will modify the map for shuttle service short;y.

Despite of the incident, I hope that your stay with us was somehow satisfactory.

Nenrinbo Hotel

Reviewed 2 November 2015

Aside from being out of the way a bit, this ryokan was highly enjoyable. The service was very good, and the staff were very accommodating. They have a gift shop in the lobby and two separate public baths. There is a smaller one that's a bit more private, and a larger one. Public bath are separated by mens and women. My female friend thought the smaller public bath for the women was nicer than the large one, and I found the opposite to be true for the men's public bath. In the morning, the bath is usually empty. It's very enjoyable to take a soak in the morning while taking in the great foresty mountain view.

The food at this hotel was very good! The shabu shabu dinner was probably one of my best meals during my two week stay in Japan. The breakfast was also very enjoyable - just the right amount of food and a nice assortment. I had the pleasure of going to this ryokan with my Japanese friend, so she also helped guide me through various etiquette for how to eat the foods. Delicious!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
nenrinbo_kyoto, お客様担当マネージャー at Hotel Nenrinbo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2015

Dear Mr. victor t.

Thank you very much for staying with us last month and your comments about us in this review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our service, food and facility. As you mentioned, we are a bit outside of city, however, we always hope that our guests can experience good natural surroundings at our hotel. We are so glad that you did it!. Hope to see you again in future!

Hotel Nenrinbo

Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for one night at ryokan Nenrinbo and highly recommend. The staff were very attentive and went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible.
We had the Japanese dinner and western style breakfast included, which were both amazing dining experiences!
We both slept very well on the traditional futon beds.
Overall we would highly recommend this ryokan.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
nenrinbo_kyoto, お客様担当マネージャー at Hotel Nenrinbo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Dear Ms. SimoneM09,

Thank you very much for staying with us a few days ago. We were very pleased to have both of you here. We hope that your stay in both our hotel and Kyoto was joyful. We also appreciate very much for your comments in this review. We continue trying to make our service better, so we wish to have you here again in future. We pray for your happiness.

Very truly yours,