All reviews hotel guests hot spring hotel hot springs buffet dinner the ground floor spacious room on arrival japanese style skin luxury sake gym facilities harbour baths english yen
Reviewed 17 July 2018

The room was very nice and big, service was good but we were given the lowest floor with the view facing the cargo pier, not that nice at all. There is nothing around the property but they do have shuttle bus which takes you near sannomiya station. They have a gym, a pool which I think it opens to local membership users as well but you have to pay extra for using everything, such as massage chair as well. For a room that charged US$250, and still have to pay extra for the facilities! I was not impressed at all. And you will be charged "spring tax" when you check out. Not much of money but still, some extra charge. Breakfast was ok and their house keepers did a great job cleaning our room.

Date of stay: June 2018
LaSuiteKobe, お客様担当マネージャー at Kobe Minato Onsen Ren, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you for your staying at our hotel, and your valuable comments.

We appreciate for your comments toward our room. Our hotel was built less than 3 years ago. It is modern and clean. We have rooms on the east side and west side. Your room was on the east side. The west side has the view of KOBE Harbor. Please use the room for next visit.

We are sorry to ask you for the extra charge. It is used to maintain good condition of facilities. The spring tax is charged when you use Onsen by the city.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Have never stayed in such a stingy hotel.

They have a gym, a pool, but sorry, you have to pay an entry fee even you stay in their suite.

The minibar are in slots with vending drawers. It was also written in the menu that additional water would be charged 140yen.

The breakfast in room dining was pathetic. The bento in the Shinkansen station might have been tastier.

The room, though, is clean with well equipped bathroom, private onsen, dining room and a spacious balcony where u can view the Harbour.

The onsen on the rooftop was loaded with guests during our stay. If we didn’t have the private onsen we could not have a chance to unwind and relax.

The concierge was poor. No offer to help win our luggage and we even had to queue for checkout. It would have been better if they could have been more flexible with the checkout time, especially if the guest is staying in the suite.

The staff do not speak English .

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

And we also appreciate for your valuable comments.

As you have mentioned, we are appreciate to receive the price for mini bar, gym, and pool. It is used to maintain the good condition.

Unfortunately, the breakfast at the room was not good enough for you. We also have live Kappo buffet style breakfast.

We are sorry to hear that the roof-top Onsen was crowded. In the case of that, we have two Onsen bathes in our hotel.

We also feel very sorry that our service was poor at the check-out time. We will try to make better service as soon as possible.

We will consider your opinion for our service in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

We had the Shangri-La Tokyo call ahead and ask for an early check-in to get ready for a business meeting. It was confirmed.

On arrival, we were told “check-in 3pm” repeatedly by at least five people. “We need to shower” - “go hot spring”.

After an hour, they finally got hold of a manager. Suddenly early check-in was possible against a hefty fee. More than half a night’s price for a 2 h earlier check-in.

Rooms are spacious but not luxurious. Clean. Japanese style. No shoes allowed. Operating shower, lights etc. is a bit of a challenge.

The bar smells of smoke.

Breakfast is like in a medical spa. The ambiance is a bit sterile (somewhere between NHS and a ferry). But the quality of the food is good. Far, far, far better than at the Four Seasons in Tokyo. Better even than at the Four Seasons in Kyoto.

It is an experience. Not suitable for business travelers. Given how fast and reliable the Shinkansen is - staying at Osaka or Kyoto is a better idea.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
KobeMinatoOnsenRen, お客様担当マネージャー at Kobe Minato Onsen Ren, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback.
We come face to face with the customer's opinion and sincerity.
We have to become a great hotel to chose staying at Kansai.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I didn't stay here but I feel I should say what I experienced here and commend the wonderful staff. I got lost looking for the harbour park and I was with my four year-old son. It was a hot day and as we were both on foot, the journey was long and uncomfortable. My son particularly was struggling with the temperature. As the surrounding area is very quiet, there were no taxis on the road to flag down. I came upon this hotel and was debating whether to go in and ask for help, as it is very fancy looking from the outside and looks like a wedding venue. However, as my son was really struggling I decided to ask the doorman if he would be willing to call a taxi for us. When I approached him, he was so kind and said I should wait inside while the taxi comes. My son and I were sat at a sofa in the lobby where the air conditioning was nice and cool, and they didn't care that he was carrying an open can of coca cola recently purchased at a vending machine. I was watching that like a hawk for spillage, I was so afraid of spoiling the obviously new lobby sofa. While we were seated a lovely female staff in a kimono came by and offered us some sweets. The taxi arrived shortly thereafter and we were shown into the cab and bid a kind farewell. I have to say, I was so impressed with the kindness and courtesy of the staff I want to recommend this hotel based on that experience alone. I will stay one day in the future. Thank you again so much for your kindness and making what could have been a very bad day turn into a pleasant memory. :)

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback.
We were very happy to hear that you had special experience.
We were extremely proud to learn from your post that you were satisfied with the attitude and service of our staff.
We do hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

It was too short of a stay but we thoroughly enjoyed staying at Ren. I highly recommend staying at least two nights so you can thoroughly enjoy the many different Hot Springs available on site. The all you can eat buffet has the highest quality Japanese food one could ever hope for. The staff were extremely kind and helpful. Many of them spoke very good English and I believe other languages too.
It’s conveniently located near downtown Kobe which is unusual for a traditional Hot Springs in Japan. Of course if you get way out in the rural areas you’ll find some old fashion hot springs that are also very classy but for a short visit this one can’t be beat

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KobeMinatoOnsenRen, お客様担当マネージャー at Kobe Minato Onsen Ren, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Thank you for your recent stay and the precious review to KOBE MINATO ONSEN REN.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and love our onsen and buffet.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again.
Thank you so much.