1,382 results
All reviews convention center shuttle bus sannomiya station nice hotel hotel is located spacious room outdoor pool is across the bridge port liner tourist hotel port area man made island business hotel standard amenities big hotel extra charge kansai airport
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

The Portopia Hotel is an elegant hotel situated right next to the Kobe International Exhibit Hall and only two stops on the Portliner public transit from Kobe University. My wife and I stayed there while I attended a conference at the university. We found the rooms to be spacious and well appointed except for the beds. The beds were very hard and stiff. We adjusted, but that is why I cannot give this location five stars. The hotel staff, however, were wonderful. We also enjoyed four of the many restaurants located in the hotel. They were expensive, but the food and service were excellent. We especially enjoyed having breakfast on the top floor combining good food with a stunning view of Kobe.

1  Thank Nelson G
PortpiaHotel, 支配人 at Kobe Portopia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for staying with us at the Kobe Portopia Hotel and taking your time to write a review.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during the conference.
Thank you so much for your kind words for the room, locations, staffs and our restaurants.
We proudly recommend the view from restaurants at the high floors not only at the daytime but also at night.
However, we are sorry for the beds as we could not make you feel satisfied enough.
Your review will be used in making your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I was there on business in June. From Kansai airport, it’s faster to take the ferry to Kobe airport (500 yens) then the Port Liner train (250 yens) than the bus to Sannomiya station and the free hotel shuttle.

This is a big hotel, just north of Kobe airport, on the same island. Far enough from the airport as not to hear the planes land. There is a train station just behind the hotel (Shimin-Hiroba), with a passageway to the lobby. Check-in was quick although the employee I spoke with didn’t speak English very well and I had to use simple words to get understood. Excellelont service from the lobby staff.

My room was big according to japanese standards. I liked the big desk that actually had enough space for working on it; you could put a computer, a writing pad and still have some room left.

I counted 6 restaurants and 2 bars serving food. Wide selection of Japanese and western food at the breakfast buffet. For dinner, I tried 2 of the Japanese restaurants in the Annex. Good food, excellent service, a bit expensive for north american standards. The other nights, I would hop on the train to go to Sannomiya station (10 min) where there are dozens of restaurants to choose from. The area north of Sannomiya station is an attraction by itself.

I would recommend this hotel if you’re in Kobe and don’t need to be right downtown.

Room Tip: Odd number room in the main tower have city view.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
PortpiaHotel, 支配人 at Kobe Portopia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

We are happy to know that you had a comfortable stay with us.
Thank you so much for your kind words for the lobbly staff and detailed review for the room, restaurants and access between the hotel to the airport or to Sannomiya.
However, we are sorry for the inconvenience at front desk as there were some difficulities to communicate.
Your review will be used in trainnig our staff and making your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Stayed at this hotel for a week on business. It is good overall. There is not much around it in terms of location, but they do provide a free shuttle into Kobe city, across the bridge about 10-15 minutes away. The hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating.

The rooms in our tower were nice and newer, although we heard that the opposite tower was not quite as nice from colleagues. I do not like how they charge hotel guests to go to the gym or use the pool. I ended up just going for a run around the hotel which was actually fairly pleasant as it is quiet. The restaurants in the hotel were mostly good and had a decent variety, although some were very expensive.

Room Tip: Choose the tower where the lobby is
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
PortpiaHotel, 支配人 at Kobe Portopia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and to see your kind words about our staff.
Thank you for your comments about rooms, the gym and the restaurants as well.
Please note that your reveiw will be used to make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

It is a very nice hotel. I was lucky and got a room that had been renovated in the South tower. My friends looked at me like I was weird when I said I had a great room - not all have been renovated so some seem to be stuck in the 80s. Nice and clean and I liked the option of using refillable soap shampoo and conditioner vs the little bottles - more environmentally friendly. The small bottles were available if that’s your preference.

The food I had was all very good. The view from the restaurant with the breakfast buffet on the 30th floor was lovely and I would recommend checking it out.

The location is a little out of the way but there is a bus provided to Sannomiya every 20 minutes up until around 9:20 pm ( need to confirm). If coming from Osaka airport you can take the airport limousine to Sannomiya and the shuttle bus to the hotel or the portliner monorail or taxi for about 1800 Yen. If arriving at KIX you can do the boat and portliner. Many options.

Good service at the front desk but I could never time when the consierge was going to be around. I was at meetings so might just have been my schedule. The lobby was lovely - very open. There is a little drugstore with a bit of food and drinks available.

I would stay there again especially now that I have a better idea of how to get around.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
PortpiaHotel, 支配人 at Kobe Portopia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

We are glad to hear that you had a good time during your stay with us.
Thank you for wonderful comments about room, breakfast buffet at the 30th floor, the lobby and service at the front desk.
For the room, we have a history of more than 35 years and renovations have been made in stage.
We also appreciate your understanding of our environmentally friendly cleaning policy.
However, we are sorry for the inconvenience about the consierge as they close early in the morning or late at night.
After the consierge desk colsed, please ask the front desk anytime so we can help you to make your stay more comfortable.
Thank you for using our shuttle bus as well.
The free shuttle bus takes you to Sannnomiya city until 10:00pm, and from Sannnomiya to the hotel until 9:40pm.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

It's a nice hotel, the furniture is a bit dated but the facility is great. I was disappointed that the gym and pool were both extra charge.

Having said that it's right next to a walking/jogging path. The path is fantastic and offers a nice mixed paved trail.

The restaurant on the 30th floor offers great views and a really nice breakfast.

The portliner train takes you into the city cheaply and efficiently.

Likewise getting to the airport was easy and reasonably priced.

1  Thank Peter_Bomberg

We are happy to know that you enjoyed breakfast and the views from 30th floor and walking or jogging around the hotel.
The gym and insidepool are available with some fees and they are cheeper in the morning than in the afternoon.
There are not many places to see around the hotel but we can give you information about accessing to the city or the airport and some sightseeing places in Kobe.

返信を削除する