All reviews huge jacuzzi bread basket beautiful hotel the nearest train station spa services table service teppanyaki restaurant great view living area kobe beef ocean view japan trip maritime museum himeji castle stayed for nights min walk luxury
Reviewed 22 July 2018

This was the best hotel we stayed in out of 8 hotels in Japan. Absolute luxury that would have been out of our price range elsewhere.

Staff are very welcoming and helpful, room exceptional, and lovely little touches like rose diffuser in bedroom, shortbread biscuits, large selection of toileteries. (This may have been just the luxury floor?). Nice balcony to sit in, and a large relaxing spa bath.

Cannot fault this place - hope to return one day.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank salisburyjane
Reviewed 11 January 2018

My partner and I stayed at La Suite Kobe for three nights.

This hotel is amazing! It is designed so that every room has a balcony with harbour views. It is very close to Kobe Harborland where there are lots of restaurants and shops. It is a little walk from the nearest train station but there is a hop-on, hop-off bus which stops just outside of the hotel.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable and well maintained. The staff were very friendly and professional.

We also took the opportunity to dine at the hotel restaurant, Teppanyaki Kokoro, so that we could sample some Kobe beef. It was an incredible experience. I’m a foodie, so being able to see expert chefs cooking with some pretty amazing produce, right in front of me, was amazing. It’s not the cheapest meal you’ll ever have, but the price is worth it for the experience.

I’m not sure when (or it) we will return to Kobe, but I hope we do as I would absolutely stay here again. I’d highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Room tip: All rooms have balconies and harbour views
Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank shannono734
Reviewed 7 November 2017

The service and rooms were excellent bed was great as were the pj’s
our room was a king room and it was very spacious with water view
Overall the hotel has a distinct french? theme and a very strong female focus
eg female only spas, amenities included heated roller brush and gifts for the female guest
While not all staff were comfortable speaking English there was no problem communicating what we wanted
The only real negative from our point of view was the food options
The room service and restaurant prices are higher than we expected and we felt that the room service food was quite limited ( at least for western style food)

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Generally, most of the hotel were good like room, view, foods, service and recommendable. But personally...2 points were not so good to me.
1. Airconditioner was not controllable minutely. So bedroom was too cold and livingroom was too warm...
2. I am very sensitive to the smell. Hotel was almost full of herb scent including room. Stayed 2 night and wasn't comfortable to smell-sensitive person like me. Of course, it's completely personal opinion. If you don't mind odor or like it, this hotel will be wonderfful option.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LaSuiteKobe, マネージャー at Hotel La Suite Kobe Harborland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Thank you for your recent stay and the precious review to Hotel La Suite Kobe Harborland. We are pleased to know that you were content with our room, view and especially service of our hotel. For the air conditioner, we are so sorry that it cannot keep your room comfortable. When we will renovate our hotel, it is one of the most important point. For the herb scent, maybe it was a hotel original organic oil ''Elegant Rose''. Please feel free to tell us to cut any aroma in the next time. We are looking forward to welcoming you again. Thank you so much.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Our stay in this hotel was one of the highlights of our Japan trip! The staff was very professional, the hotel and rooms were luxurious and the service represents exactly the values of a member of the SLH group (Small Luxury Hotels). Every room has a view on the lovely and colorful Kobe Harborland and is spacious. Totally recommended in the beautiful city of Kobe!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time in posting an overwhelming review of your recent stay at Hotel La Suite Kobe Harborland on behalf of SLH. It gives us great pleasure to know that you had a great time. I am sure that I will hand over your review to all of the staffs in our hotel. Once again thank you for your wonderful remarks and we sincerely hope that we would be welcoming you back soon.