See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I thought I left my iPhone in the room and called and emailed the hotel to inquire the evening after I checked out. They replied that nothing was found. However, after 2 weeks the hotel contacted me through email and told me they found a phone! I guess they must have found it during big cleaning. Anyways, they asked for my address in Hong Kong, and mailed it back to me without any charges (I offered it). All my friends are amazed about my luck and the superb customer service of the hotel.

During our stay, the arrangement was also fantastic. On arrival, we were greeted at the entrance the moment we showed up. And they reserved the same table at the restaurant for our breakfast next morning when we finished our dinner. We had a 10-course dinner and the quality was great!

The hotel has 3 Onsens and we love the one at the main building most because both the indoor and outdoor hotsprings are spacious. They have staggered opening hours so there’s always at least one Onsen open during our stay.

I’d definitely come back to this hotel on my next visit to Arima Onsen!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank VivianL2513
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

A night at a ryokan is worth splashing on for any trip to Japan. Despite its steep price tag I thoroughly enjoyed my night here. The food was truly wonderful dinner and breakfast(really it looked like lunch. Photo below) and the onsen relaxing as ever (except for the occasional man strutting along while attempting to exert his dominance by talking, grunting loudly and splashing the whole place around which I thoroughly enjoyed). Free flowing beer on the first floor to the left really hit the sweet spot

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank B1609NIsamuelc
Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

This was the place we stayed in for our two visits to Arima Onsen area. Exquisite food, good service and clean rooms at a reasonable price. Three onsens to dip into and they were all nice. We happened to find a free cooking class in the lobby after dinner too. The souvenir shop sold gift boxes cheaper than the Arima streets outside.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2016

Check-in:
I called the hotel when we arrived the train station near the hotel to arrange for pick-up. It took only 5 minutes for the driver to come to the station and he was very polite and helpful.

When we got to the hotel, 3 employees were waiting outside the hotel already to handle our luggages and escort us to a couch. Everything was done at the couch and we did not need to go to the counter. We were also offered green tea and towels to refresh ourselves. This is actually quite common for decent hot spring resorts in Japan.

Room:
Beautiful and spacious. Our room also had a nice mountain and river view. The employee who speaks good English took us to the room himself after checking us in and explained our room and hot springs available. He also pre-arranged alcohol and dinner to fit out schedule for hot springs.

Food:
Everything in the dinner was presented beautifully, and served by a very polite lady. Although she had limited command of spoken English, she tried to explain the dishes and I truly appreciated that. When the dinner set such a high bar, we did worry that the breakfast might disappoint us but it turned out to be another surprise. The breakfast was executed beautifully again. (see photos for highlights)

Check-out:
Efficient and like other Japanese resorts, the lady who served us dinner and breakfast was waiting for us in the lobby and then bid us goodbye outside the resort until we could not see the premises anymore.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the onsen side
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2014

This hotel have two buildings. I stayed at the Kouroukan side which is higher than the other. I like this building's lobby and facilities which is newer than the other. I guess the view from room is also nicer.

Onsen : There four public onsens in these two buildings. I took the one nearby river which is nice felling. The temperature is so so hot. I also take the private onsen(cave bath). I think the temperature is too low than I expected. but the private room is nice. you should try if you are shy to use the public this is the good solution.

Room: so so. I stayed at standard japanese bedroom. It is meet my standard for 40,000 yen per night. quite large and bright.

Food : Not so good. I rated for in terms of both flavor and presentation. But we got the private dining room close to our bedroom for group of 7 people which is very nice.

Room tip: better choose this buidling (Korokan) rather than yugetsusanso. every room has good view. I guess. higher floor.
Date of stay: October 2014