“Delicious Okonomiyaki in Hiroshima! ”
Review of Hassei

Hassei
Ranked #5 of 8,276 Restaurants in Hiroshima
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

After spending a day walking around Hiroshima in the torrential rain, my friend and I were in need of some good, warming food...and we stumbled upon this gem!
You will totally miss this place if you’re not looking carefully..the entrance is but a door!
The menu isn’t extensive but it really doesn’t need to be. I ordered cheese on my Okonomiyaki which was a delicious extra. My friend had a seafood take on the Okonomiyaki. You can also order half portions but we were hungry so went large!
Guests can watch the chefs cook in front of them (if you are luckily enough to have a bar seat). I definitely recommend trying to sit here if you can as it really is an art watching them cook!
Really delicious food and filling all for a decent price (I had a full Okonomiyaki with extra cheese and a pint of beer for around ¥1300).
Definitely make a trip to this place if you’re ever in the Hiroshima area!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited last night, sat at the hot plate. Great experience. Really tasty food, clean kitchen and a lively head chef. Book in advance or you could miss out.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We went to Hassei for dinner on recommendation and have to say it’s the best okonomiyaki I have ever tasted. The meal is huge but can order a smaller one. We also had the yakisoba noodles and that was just as good and the beef ribs for entree. Definately worth the money and will go back on our last night here.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Ive been to 8 different south east asian countries on this asian expedition and this place has stood out as one of the best street foods yet! Amazing!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing place very friendly. Busy be prepared to wait but it is worth it. Half size feed will fill you awesome price.