All reviews kwee zeen west lake sky garden club floor walking distance rooftop bar buffet breakfast memorable stay superb location an upgrade pillow menu beautiful city hefang street language barrier internet connection shopping area hotel staff
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Despite initial language related problems thanks to excellent work by Cecile all went better than well. My wife 's birthday cake was also most welcome. Cecille , Thomas the duty manager Linda and Marina made our stay very good and most welcome - thank you1

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SofitelHangzhou, Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear boghos93,
Thank you for telling us about your experience.

It is always pleasure to receive a positive feedback about our service, I will share it with our team especially to Cecille, Thomas, Linda and Marina, I am sure that this will serve as an encourage to all our staffs and continue to provide better service quality to all our customers.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights and felt most welcome at reception, by all staff especially Marina who was like a new cadet to the group. She was warm and friendly and assisted in everything... from maps to little like English tea bags. We were given a nice surprise as it was for my birthday... very nice gesture as Marina came and knocked on the door....

The room was big and bathroom was most spacious with TV at bath. breakfast was good by Chinese standard. Bed and pillows very comfortable.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sandy H,
Thank you for your sharing on Tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback, I will share it with our team especially with Marina, I am sure that this will serve as an encourage to all of our team members continue to provide better service quality.

We appreciate your comments and looking forward to see you back soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 day for work.
The location is nice, just across the road from the nice part of the west lake.
Alot of the staff don't speak English which is a shame for a 5star intentional hotel.
They have a lovely roof terrace over looking the lake but it was closed due to the weather being too hot. Which I think is a shame as that's the whole point of sitting outside in the heat!.
Breakfast buffet was good. It has a good choice. However I don't think the "fresh" juice were fresh.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear TTle888,
Thank you for spending time and telling us about your staying experience.

Overall was not up to your expectation, please accept our apologies, we hope to have another chance to invite you back and ensure your next stay will be a good memory one.

We appreciate your concern again.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Room is clean, the buffet breakfast has a lot of choices, with both Chinese and Western food. The location is convenient, just near the famous West Lake. Staff are very nice, helpful. Will go back again.

Stayed: February 2017
SofitelHangzhou, Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear lets_go_TRIP,

Thank you for sharing a positive review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to know that you like our breakfast especially commend staff service, I will share with our team, it is our hope to welcome you back and wish your next stay will be as pleasant as previous one.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I had a really great stay in Sofitel Hangzhou! Staff is super friendly and professional. I left mu USB in the business centre, and the staff can locate me in the restaurant and return to me. I need it for my important presentation in the morning! They really save my life!

Room Tip: Book for lake view room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear anna1132017,

Thank you for sharing with your wonderful experience.

I will share your comments with our team and appreciate the staff who pick up the USB on behalf of management, I believe this will serve as an encourage to all of our team members.

We hope to welcome you back soon.