All reviews ambassador member business trip west lake hangzhou city metro line eastern food wifi is free laundry service per day chinese restaurant nice stay duty manager choose this hotel booked this hotel breakfast room business hotel enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Location:
The hotel is not really in the city center it is actually outside the main shopping district. Getting a taxi is easy and traveling by Taxi to most places within the city or westlake is not costly. To the shopping district and the night street Hefang Street cost you less than 20RMB. There is a metro line infront of the hotel. Walk across the road there is many local food outlets and stores.
Room :
Room is clean, tidy and the bedroom is comfortable. Had a good sleep during my 2 nights there.
Breakfast:
Good variety of local and international food. But the food taste is just average and eatable it is good head start for the day.
LASTLY
My good time and stay in Hangzhou was ruined by this poorly managed incident.
I had booked my 2 nights stay (CNY471 and CNY 582 respectively) and prepaid it 2 months before arrived in Hangzhou Holiday Inn City Center. The amount was charged and fully paid by credit card.
When I checked in on 11 Aug, the checkin female staff (I didn’t get her name plus the duty female manager is beside her too) insisted on seeing the same credit card and locking it for security deposit. I understand that a security deposit is required and I had repeatedly reminded her that my 2 night stays is fully paid and she mentioned it was just for verification purposes. I told her few times my room is paid and don’t not double charge it again. I did not signed on any credit sales transaction or authorized any amount to be deducted.
On the day of checking out 13 Aug, I checked out normally signing only the checking out form. I did not sign on any credit sales transaction.
On 14 Aug I found out that Holiday Inn Hangzhou had charged 2 credit card transaction (CNY471 and CNY582) this is a double payment and it should not be charged. I believed in any country in the world unauthorized use of my credit card is considered a criminal case. I did not signed on any sales transaction and did not get any acknowledgement receipt. How can they make a charged? This is fraudulent use of my credit card.
I received a reply that the amount will be returned only 15 days after they void the transaction.
As a IHG gold member and stayed in so many different cities. This is the first time such incident happened. It could easily been avoided at the first time when I told the staff and with the duty manager beside.
I wonder how many guests had their room stays charged twice. This had indeed dent a bad experience in my stay with Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank KennyQQ
Management response:Responded 28 August 2017

Dear Kenny,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn HANGZHOU CITY CENTER.
I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay.
We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. we take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.
Again,thank you for sharing your comments!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

It is a comfortable hotel, great service, rooms are always clean, and every equipment works fine. The breakfast is very loaded with both western and Chinese fotos. Rooms service works Ok. U like very muchas this zone also.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Mia Z, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hangzhou City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.
Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I stayed here for 2 nights in June and found the hotel very comfortable. Service was efficient and well catered for. It was raining heavily during our visit but the hotel made sure there were enough umbrellas to go around.
Breakfast was more than ample with a good selection. We did not eat for dinner here as we travelled out with friends.
Rooms were comfortable and roomy. The Wifi was a little slow but good enough to be able to complete some business emails.
I will visit again probably in November.
They have a good Sports Bar on the 2nd level.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 13 July 2017

Dear Kevin B, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Hangzhou City Center. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with our hotel, and would like to apologize for the Wifi problem.When you come next time,please let front desk know, they will serve you the router to improve the Wifi problem. Please know that your feedback is extremly valuable to us. We use feedback to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest service. We are looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I tried Holiday Inn Hangzhou City Center for the first time because I wanted a new location to explore despite being in Hangzhou several times. I must say the location is a bit off from the city center but it is still within close distance from the West Lake. Further, there's a Metro line nearby but I haven't tried.

Upon check in, the room is ready. The hotel recognized me as an IHG member and offered me welcome drinks. I went to the room after and my initial impression is that the room is old and has that distinct smell of being unused for quite some time. The internet is fast and the bed is soft. Toilet has tub. The air conditioning system
is working properly which is a must since I visited Hangzhou in summer.

I also visited the health club, which is not operated by the hotel. Being an external operator, the facility is particularly busy at night especially the pool. I think some are members or the facility and not guests of the hotel. Naturally, the changing area is very busy. Sauna is available but not the steam. No jacuzzi as well. The property, although being an external operator and not directly managed by the hotel, should still maintain the quality as it still carries the impression being a Holiday Inn hotel. Other than this I see no problem with the hotel.

The breakfast has selections of Western and Asian cuisines, but it tends to be busy at times. However; the turnover of the tables is fast.

Most staffs here do speak English so there's not much to worry about communications.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 10 July 2017

Dear Benedict U, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Hangzhou City Center. Please know that your feedback is extremly valuable to us. We use feedback to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest service.We appreciated your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

This hotel allowed me to stay and pay cash as IHG Ambassador member,(While my credit card was lost!)
Nice bed, good breakfast, good service, cant really complain.
Location is not so good. Not many shops and restaurants that are close to the hotel. About 30-40 minutes walk to good places to shop and eat. Taxis were not readily available either.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
HolidayInnHangzhou1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hangzhou City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thanks for staying at the Holiday Inn Hangzhou City Center and for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is a great pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed bed, breakfast and especially the service provided by our team. We will intensify the training for our newly joined employees to enhance their level of experience. In regards to the location, we believe that with the opening of the new metro line next month the hotel will benefit from the significantly improved access. Furthermore the end of construction in June will positively influence the traffic and hence taxi availability.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Hangzhou