“Room location is critical in having an enjoyable stay”

Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort
Ranked #6 of 2,443 Hotels in Hangzhou
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I recently completed my 3rd and 4th stay at the Sheraton Grand Resort in Hangzhou. Although my rooms were only 4 doors apart during my two September visits, the experience was very different.

During my longer 4th stay, my room (1082) was the second one in from the road that surrounds the resort. I was disturbed by honking horns in the middle of the night and could not always enjoy the outdoor patio because a nearby outdoor structure was used as a place to talk and smoke by people waiting for buses. In addition, I often found one or two feral cats sleeping on the chair on my patio.

I will still return to the Sheraton for my next trip to Hangzhou, but I will spend more time at the reception desk choosing a room that is not close to the road or on a ground floor.

A few other comments:
The shower took 2 - 3 minutes to deliver hot water every day. The tub faucet did not supply hot water even after 5 minutes.
Housekeeping was inconsistent. I occasionally returned to my room to find that the glass I used to brush my teeth had not been replaced.
The cardio equipment in the fitness center was replaced since my May visit.
The Feast restaurant provided an enjoyable place for breakfast every day.

I brought up my noise issue at checkout and was told that reception would make sure I had a quiet room for my next visit in November.

Room Tip: Choose a room closer to the center of the hotel and preferably on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
SheratonHZ, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort again and for your detailed comments for us.

As for the room location, indeed because of the wide spread of hotel layout, the rooms have different views. Some of our rooms are closer to lobby or outside area, some of them are more conceal and quiet. We will surely keep down your notes and try the best to provide rooms according to your preference for your future stay. For the issue of hot water and amenity replacement you mentioned in the bathroom, I will address directly with responsible department heads and do investigation accordingly right away. We will ensure all of our rooms meet corresponding standards.

I'm happy to know that you will return to us again for your next trip and I believe we can deliver a more enjoyable time for your stay in November.

Warm Regards,

Kathy Ma

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Really upset
I cannot access WhatsApp , Telegram, Google, Gmail, Facebook. And the hotel blocked all VPN services, meaning I can’t connect to my office email on Gmail!!

Only wechat, Linkedin and Apple iMessage works

Kind of ridiculous
I won’t stay here again

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort. We are sorry for not living up to your expectation during the stay.

For the sake of the security to safeguard network environment, the access to some websites and services like Google and Gmail are blocked by Chinese Firewall. Each individual company has got to abide by the national policies.

We appologize for the inconvenience encountered to you and we all hope to have the opportunity to service you again when you return to Hangzhou next time.

Yours Sincerely,

Kathy Ma,

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

From the drive through the wetlands to the hotel itself, the ambience is an enchanting blend of ancient and modern! The reception, breakfast and lounge staff were all welcoming and helpful.

Access to the room is convoluted and confusing but considering the layered courtyard design where rooms have views to distant landscape across the charming tiled roofs and green central courtyard , it's understandable.

Nice touches of flavored cold water at check out in to the, attractive lounge delicacies and extravagant breakfast buffet abound. The aesthetic architectural design of blending traditional with modern amenities is delightful.

The downsides are staff misinformation and inconsistent spa hours and unfortunate gaggles of nouveau riche rude, noisy Chinese tourists yet to be educated about public etiquette (surely will improve over time).

Our week stay combining business with pleasure was wonderful. The nearby tech zone was convenient for business but the famed inner Hangzhou city and lake were a long and tedious drive through traffic.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
SheratonHZ, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort and sharing comments on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay here and also so excited about your kind words of the hotel design, environment as well as the food & beverage.

Sorry for the inconvenient you encountered during the stay. I will pass your comments onto my team to make further improvements. We will also pay attention to the maintenance of public area order during the peak flow of occupancy.

Thank you again for your detailed comments and we hope we could have the chance to welcome you back again when you back to Hangzhou in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Stayed here for 3 nights on business in one of their king deluxe rooms at ground level.

Really liked the range of in house dining options available and the service in most cases was good. We tried each of the restaurants while we were there and found them all to be quite good for China - they must use external chef's to train or run some areas because the restaurants seemed to have a very high standard in general.

The gym was also quite large although there was only a small selection of work out benches available and the cyclical trainers for warm ups did not have any english speaking tv channels available (as good as Chinese kids cartoons are at 7am in the morning i'd prefer some breakfast news instead). Also for some reason they thought it a good idea to open all the gym doors to the outside air (read: 32 degrees, 85% humidity) which was less than great to work out in.

My room was also down a series of long corridors that seemed to go on and on from the main lobby area - it was in excess of 150m and almost felt like I was staying in another hotel! Definitely ask for a room close to the reception and not ground floor if you want a view.

The morning breakfast buffet was good enough - though a better selection of bakery (bread) and fresh fruits would have been appreciated.

Also - big disappointment - although there were several large pro coffee machines in the hotel - only the one in the bar area behind the lobby seemed to make a good flat white.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to reception as some are a long way away.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
SheratonHZ, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post on your review for your recent stay on TripAdvisor. Whilst I am so delighted to see that you liked our restaurants in the hotel and enjoyed the service throughout your stay.

The gym doors are usually closed during the opening time, sorry for the inconvenient you encountered and I will be passing your comments onto our Fitness Manager and make further investigations and improvements. Also, we will consider adding more TV channels, especially English Channels for the work out machine in gym. Also we appreciate your suggestions about the coffee and breakfast buffet, it is valued for us and I will address your concerns with the Director of Food & Beverage moving forward.

Thank you again for your detailed comments and we all look forward to seeing you soon in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We enjoyed one week vacation at this hotel in August. Here are some pros and cons.

Pros:
Hotel itself is beautiful. The decoration is well blended traditional Chinese element with modern design.
Staffs are very helpful. My kid forgot our cellphone in taxi which was called by front desk. The manager (Chris) helped us to locate the driver and we got the cellphone back.
Executive Lounge has enough food options for decent breakfast and dinner. The staffs (Titan and Anne) were nice.
There were activities, such as Traditional Dough Figurines for kids during weekend.
Room: Overall well maintained.The suite is spacious.

Cons:
Location: it is in Wetland Park which is not the center of Hangzhou. Not convenient if you need to go to downtown every day. It was ok for us. My kids like staying at hotel in such hot weather
Meal: Our stay cover breakfast buffet.We have two small kids. We need to pay for them.
Swimming pool: The swimming cloth spinner work only 1/3 times. It vibrated crazily but no water came out.
Room: Toilet need to be sanitized every day. From the first day, it stank when you walk close.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
SheratonHZ, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort and sharing comments with us. I am so glad to know our staff successfully prevent from a loss from happening for you. Also, it's great to know you like our weekend experience about the traditional Chinese handicraft. Moreover, we are delighted to announce that recently we launched a new room type- Family Suite, which has two king-size beds to well accommodate four guests and includes up to four daily breakfasts. I think it's quite suitable for family travelers.

As for the issue of cloth spinner and the smell of toilet you mentioned in the comments, I will address directly with responsible departments and do investigation accordingly right away. Sorry for inconvenience caused. In the future time if you encounter any doubts during your stay, please do not hesitate to refer to any of us to assist with you.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warm regards,