Having traveled for work and pleasure for two decades, this is the nicest hotel I've stayed at.
The hotel is located on a wetland with a small body of water that connects to the lake. From the hotels extensive gardens, you can see only nature and water, without any other development. The beautiful outdoor pool looks over the wetlands and water. Our kids enjoyed feeding the fish and just exploring the grounds.
The indoor pool is remarkably beautiful and kept warm. There are six couches built into the walls where guests can rest when not in the pools (no extra charge). There are benches in the pool with jets. There is no hot tub, but the changing rooms have a steam room (ladies) and sauna (men's).
There are only 1.5 floors of guest rooms and so the hotel never felt crowded. Credit goes to both the ample facilities, the high staffing levels, and the helpfulness of he staff. Even self-reliant introverted guests will come to appreciate the all the helpful people who work there. We got so confident in their ability to anticipate our needs that jumped into the outdoor pool without having located any towels. (Shortly after we jumped in, we noticed that towels had been placed next to our belongings.)
The food at the main restaurant was amazing. Hotel food is always pricy, but it wasn't any pricier than at lesser hotels where the quality does not justify the price. The food was so good that it would be worth visiting even if you aren't a guest. (There are other dining options within a 10-minute walk for lunch and dinner, but not so much breakfast.)
The hotel has bikes to borrow (no fee). They had great equipment, including helmets, including a bike that fit our 8-year-old. The staff arranged a (paid) boating expedition for us--well worth it with pick-up and delivery by boat from the hotel. The staff will recommend the local show involving lights and dancers on the lake. If the tickets seems expensive, keep in mind that there aren't that many seats, and there are over 200 performers.
Families of four may want to have the staff arrange transportation other than taxis. Not one of the local taxis we rode in had seatbelts in the middle of the rear seat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In China’s most picturesque setting, Four Seasons reveals an intimate lakeside village, melding centuries of tradition with chic contemporary style. Convenient to business and shopping, discover a tranquil enclave, woven with ponds, streams and lagoons. Experience the gentle spirit of Chinese hospitality in exclusive private dining rooms and resort-style recreation, including two swimming pools and a cutting-edge designer spa. Deftly sophisticated Four Seasons care instills confidence and delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Prestigia and Ctrip TA so you can book your Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Hangzhou At West Lake Hotel Hangzhou
- 4 Seasons Hangzhou At West Lake