1,037 results
All reviewsthai restaurantinternational staffwest lakethe hotel staffmanagement teamspecial thankslake viewenglish speaking staffbreakfast buffethome away from homeexcellent hotelrooms are largewould highly recommend this hotelbeautiful cityvisiting hangzhouassistant managerchinese hotels
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel one week and hotel is indeed in good location and the staff of the hotel speak really good English.
The staff of the hotel is very friendly and they were trying to support on maximum level.
Most recommend hotel in Hanghzhou China.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

More then excellent trip, because of support and services and hotel location. Specially Anita (customer assistant manager) support and service at all expect excellent. Highly appreciated. To view lake , visit and market easily. Need little improve for Muslim food in plans.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2017

This hotel has great location and value. Despite getting the hotel for free from my Chase UR points and not being a member of any Wyndham rewards program, they upgraded me to a nice 8th floor room with a balcony and West Lake view.

I also stayed at the Pudong Ritz Carlton in Shanghai during this trip, but I would easily say the Wyndham Grand is as good as that if not better--especially for 1/3 the money. All the RC gets you is status, a spectacular view of the city, fancy bath tub, and someone who drops by your room to bring fruit. Not sure that's worth $300 more per night.

I have platinum status at Starwood and Marriott, but I would still pick this hotel next time to come to HZ.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I travel to Hangzhou after visiting Shanghai and Suzhou and staying in similar hotels, but Wyndham Grand Plaza Royale Hangzhou was the best by far. Amazing location, great room, food, but what really impressed me was the service. From the moment we arrived, Sheyma took care of us and I couldn't believe how good she was, she helped me plan my time in Hangzhou, she gave me great ideas and tips, she even told me prices of some attractions, how much a taxi could be, and much more. She was awesome.
When I thought it couldn't get any better we got a phone call in the room, Anita, to kindly check if she could help with anything, and she did. She helped me plan the next day from morning to night.
The day we checked out, we met Leonardo, again, so good and efficient and Robin (or Robyn, can't really remember).
The facilities are great, location, food, everything, but for me was the service that made the big difference. I can't recommend this hotel enough. Make sure you ask for Sheyma, Anita and Leonardo, they are the best.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Anyone who knows Chinese 5 star hotels, knows that there is some room for interpretation of quality. However, this was an outstanding stay at a reasonable price and the service element was there, which I have not found in many other 5 star hotels here. We enjoyed a free birthday upgrade, which gave us access to the club lounge and some free food and booze at 'happy hour'. We also loved the breakfast. The room was large and as you would expect. If you are lucky enough to encounter smooth operator Leonardo, he is a huge asset to the hotel and probably deserves a pay rise for his attentiveness and helpfulness. I suspect he is being fairly compensated for these efforts by the adoring women who flock through the doors to check in with him (and probably fill up his phone book), however this attention is fully deserved. Would love to come back and thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: October 2017