All reviews golden ball golden globe building design amazing architecture great river view walk in wardrobe huge suite unique hotel west lake qiantang river fifth floor business trip light show dinner buffet house keeping club room guest rooms
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Love this hotel!

I am not one for interior spaces in hotels - I find them mostly pretentious and a waste of real estate - but for some reason, I gawked at the interior of this golden globe each time I left my room. It is really something; maybe a cameo in a Bond-esque movie is in its future.

My room was massive, with a wonderful view of the river. I stood there and plotted how I would make Bond talk once I captured him.

Billy at the Front Desk stands out - he was willing to help on whatever matter he could, including walking me downstairs and showing me the best way to find a convenience store (as opposed to just rattling off instructions).

Beware, the area in which the hotel sits is a sterile CBD. There is nothing to do outside the hotel, but I was happy to stay put.

1  Thank Michael F
Yolanda L, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us after your most recent stay at InterContinental Hangzhou. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We also are honored to work in this magnificent architecture, which is the landmark of Hangzhou. Hotel is directly adjacent to a station of Metro Line 4 for convenient cross-city access. The staff will be absolutely thrilled to know their hard work is being recognized. We are looking forward to seeing to back soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

A modern luxurious hotel with unique architectural design located in the business district of Hangzhou.
Spacious rooms, full of amenities.
Magnificent river view.
A huge "Outlet" shopping mall with direct access from hotel premises.
An underground station 5 minutes walking distance.
If you have a properly located room, you can watch the incredible night Light Show directly from you room window.

Date of stay: September 2017
Yolanda L, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after stay in InterContinental Hangzhou. I could not agree with you more that we are extremely lucky with unique design and magnificent golden globe architecture. Hotel is located in Qianjiang CBD, and it is very convenient for city across. The big shopping mall-Mixc, Raffles and Outlets are also near the hotel. Guests can enjoy scenic views of the Qiantang River and night lighting show from their rooms.We hope to be able to welcome you back to InterContinental Hangzhou.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

The Golden ball took me by surprise. i figured it was inexpensive, business type hotel, so i did not do any research. the architecture is amazing. The rooms were very very nice and very clean. The service was also impeccable. the only drawback for me was that there were not good restaurants to choose from. i was there one night, and it was a Sunday night. the main restaurant was closed. The German restaurant had, literally, not a person in it. and all that was left was buffet....and I dont eat buffet. BUT, having said that, it was my only complaint.

Room tip: room with water view.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Yolanda L, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for taking time to share the most valuable opinion after staying with us. I could not agree with you more that we are extremely lucky with the unique design and magnificent golden globe architecture make the hotel one of the city’s newest landmarks. We apologized that the dining experience was beneath your satisfaction. We have shared your comments with our Food & Beverage Director, Fresh All Day Dining Restaurant provides not only the buffet, but also a-la-cart menu for guests, you can choose different style food from it. Our German Restaurant –Wochinger provides the traditional German food and home-brewed beer. In the opposite of Wochinger, we have a pasta restaurant – Pasta Factory, where you can select your favorable pasta from thousand types. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing hotel, beautiful rooms with great view, good restaurant, nice staff. Been there for a exhibition at ball room and all organisation was perfect. In the evening went out nearby the park for the fantastic water show and took a walk to the river. Nothing to complain about.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Yolanda L, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental Hangzhou.Hotel’s unique design and magnificent golden globe architecture make it as one of the city’s famous landmarks. Guests can enjoy scenic views of the Qiantang River from their rooms and magnificent lighting show &musical fountain. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome your group and appreciate your business.We hope that you experienced the unparalleled service and timeless luxury for which we strive, and we look forward to being a part of your future unforgettable moments.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Positively surprised! First time to China and Hangzhou so I have nothing to compare with but I can only recommend the place.

Rooms: Had a room on the 17th floor so I do not know whether the rooms on other floors have a different layout because of the building design. Spacious, enough space for clothes to hang and put, bathroom big enough with separation for shower and even toilet. Clean and tidy, perhaps some years old but you really do not recognize this.

Breakfast: Mixture of Chinese, Asian and Continental Breakfast. Everything is available! Actually I think it is too much because you really spent time in looking what is offered instead in having breakfast...

Personnel: Here I have to tell that this was just more than perfect! Wherever you went you had been taken care of. I had due to accident even the support from the hotel that they joined me with one of their employees to the hospital for a check. This free of charge and without even asking or any discussion. Just helpful! Once again thanks very much (also special thanks to Roy who joined med to the hospital and was guiding me through the different dep. and translated - Big thanks)

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Yolanda L, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review after your stay with us at InterContinental Hangzhou. Your kind comments about the staff and the service we provide is much appreciated. The staff will be absolutely thrilled to know their hard work is being recognized. I will share your comments with Roy.
Hotel offers 384 guest rooms and suites range from 65-420 square meters. Each spacious guestroom boasts floor to ceiling windows that offers panoramic views of the Qiantang River or the scenic city. Guests in every room are greeted by a k-cup coffee machine, well-stocked minibar, television, wireless and non-wireless internet.
Now, Fresh All Day Dining Restaurant provide classical Hangzhou cuisine in the breakfast. Next time, you can try them.
we do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the InterContinental Hangzhou again soon.