See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

I've seen a big difference from the previous management when it was really a Crowne Plaza to today's management which is pretty poor to me.
Location is not very good and most likely the only thing you can see from your window is an incredible nest of highway that makes you feel like you hare in Gotham city.
Lobby bar was closed during my last 3 visit, quite disappointing. Average food.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel tries to be a top notch hotel. It really does. But somehow it doesn't quite make it

The room was spacious, comfortable and full of all gadgets and goodies - but smelled slightly of mildew and the carpet was stained

The dinner buffet was full of great looking choices - but although the food was decent it was no more than that

The pool looks amazing but the water was chilly and you need a bathing cap (which didn't go over well with the boys)

But the staff did their utmost to attend to every request. They really did try, and were always polite and gracious

Ask for a room with a view of the canal

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

We arrived here and on entering room found it to smell very strongly of cigarettes. Every has a strong smell attached to it including the phone when I tried to get thru to the front desk for a different room. 40 minutes and two phone calls later we moved rooms. If that wasn't enough tried to order a cocktail listed on their menu only to be told there were no cocktails available despite several staff members standing around the bar area doing nothing. Hope breakfast helps to redeem my thoughts about this hotel. Would not recommend.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2016

This is the second time I stayed in this hotel, but the hotel had changed the name, now its called "HAIWAIHAI Crowne hotel" not a IHG hotel anymore. But it is still very good. The room is very big and the bed is very soft, the breakfast is prefect and especially the pancake.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2016

after my terrible experience in my prior shanghai, rayfont hotel, seems that paradise exist, arriving the bell boys went to open my door to the taxi, took care immediately of my luggage, in hotel reception people speaking English, despite we arrive three guest at same time all three were taking care with prompt ens and courtesy, room as it should be, the heated roof swimming pool excellent, their business center, nice staff that tries to be helpful, but not at level they should be, but you can work and solve your needs,their restaurant with an excellent food quality, service as many chinese hotels, still need to be polish but all members willing to be helpful.i request room service, food arrived hot and service was done fast.because weather is in change season, i made the mistake to put the air condition, that in winter only is for heating, so i heat my room instead of cooling it, went to the front desk and they explain me my mistake. by front desk manageR initiative, they send me a portable air conditioning equipment.
because my business requirement, i need to hire a translator and immediately the assistant manager helped me . my recognition to her,VANCE LUO excellent english level and immediate understanding of my needs.
my recognition to the people that runs this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business