“Food was great, but service was average”

Zhi Wei Guan (Hubin)
Ranked #31 of 2,959 Restaurants in Hangzhou
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We ordered soup dumplings and pork belly. The soup dumplings were yum! Definitely recommended. The food was pretty nice but the dining experience was terrible. People kept pushing and yelling.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Level 1 operates like a canteen style and the food prices are the cheapest. The upper floors close after 2pm except Level 4.
Since we are a party of 2, our food order was limited. I found the dong po rou sauce more tasty than TianWei Lou, Lou Wai Lou and Grandma’s Kitchen. We ordered the bamboo shoots served in fragrant oil (a cold dish) and a starchy soup with slices of fish meat.
Sure, we will be back again.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Where can you get authentic but affordable Xlbs (xiao long baos) in Hangzhou? Ask any local and they would point you to either 知味观. Most of their branches adopt a self-serving style, where you place your order at the cashier and then collect the food at the self-collection point. A taste of those delicate dumplings with little pockets of fragrant broth would leave you craving for more. I also loved their beef vermicelli and Chinese soup dumplings (hun dun). This is definitely somewhere I would visit on every single trip to Hangzhou.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We have been recommended to try the food at this restaurant from a driver at Shanghai. It was described as a restaurant not to be missed during our stay in Hang Zhou. The entrance to the restaurant seems well presented. And then it all went downhill from there. There was no one ushering us to the table. We do not know whether to wait for a sit or simply look for an empty table on our own. We tried ordering the specialties. Surprisingly 3 out of the 10 items that we have short listed is not available to order. It was only 7.30pm and I do not consider this too late for all the popular food to sell out so quickly. We chose something else than what we intended initially. The fish that we ordered was average as we could tell that it was pre frozen. We ordered a local speciality call Dong Bo (东波) Meat and it was too tough. Unfortunately we were not impressed by the food at all. When it comes to bill settlement, they imprinted my credit card with an incorrect amount and I had to top it up with cash later. I will not consider returning to this restaurant as I have found better ones nearby which is in my other review.

1  Thank vtnz
Reviewed 30 March 2017

any visitor to Hangzhou must go. This restaurant has one of the best Hangzhou cuisine dishes that would satisfy any level foodlovers.
I always eat in this retaurant located in Hangzhou CBD nearly daily while I am in Hangzhou.
The fried beancud skin; a Hangzhou only speciality, white rice wine soaked chicken and pork belly are a must when eating in any Hangzhou restaurants.
This restaurant make one of the best I have tasted.
Remember to buy this restaurant take away (Situated on street level outside the restaurant) for you night cap after you finish eating in the restaurant. Just remember not to buy too much.

Been to Zhi Wei Guan (Hubin)? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK